Author Topic: So what's up for next year????  (Read 2030 times)

Offline chukkrok

• Team IceShanty Regular
So what's up for next year????
« on: Apr 03, 2019, 04:57 PM »
Anything you gotta do before next year, before you hit the ice again?????I personally will be tricking out my new flipover, will need to figure out the smallest battt i might be able to use for my lightbar, and i ordered mesh cargo type bags to adhere to the sides of my sled...to keep stuff from rolling around in the sled......then just need to figure out where stuff will be placed.....had my new clam kenai thermal stealth out once, so I can't wait til next season already!!!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: So what's up for next year????
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:06 PM »
Exercise so I can get to where I want to fish without having to make several stops to catch my breath

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2019, 05:08 PM »
I will NOT even think about ice fishing till around October. NOT even once- ;)
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:19 PM »
Building a tracksled. Not buying a snowdog, cause paying 2-3k for it is too much. And I would like to be able to customize it as I build it.
Probably also a vex too.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 03, 2019, 06:33 PM »
So what's up for next year????  Warmer temps maybe ?
Bud

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:16 PM »
Adding an Otter Pro X-Over to the shanty herd.  Have a few mods in mind to some existing equipment I'd like to do.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2019, 07:29 PM »
Thermal 1 man flip is on my list.i wouldve had one this year if eagleclaw wouldnt of bungled and changed the design of the fx100i.hope they go back to the original design or else im going to a different brand.i like all my original shappell brand shelters.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 03, 2019, 08:19 PM »
A new flasher and a 12” extension for my auger!
(IFF...”NYET” to warmer temperatures!)  :nono:
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Apr 03, 2019, 09:54 PM »
Same as this year. the only difference will be more fish. ;)

Offline gorf37

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Apr 03, 2019, 11:14 PM »
Ice fishing for burbot tomorrow night  ;D

Offline George_B

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always looking for new tip-up variations !!
« Reply #10 on: Apr 04, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Eskimo or Strikemaster auger with power point and Milwaukee Fuel drill setup.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Apr 04, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Gotta make a few more rods, rod holders and catch a monster perch next year.

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Apr 04, 2019, 11:32 AM »
A longer late ice period, I hope. This year once winter let up, it rained a bunch and the ice was gone. My best day was my last day. Hoping for another great year next year. I don't really need any new gear, I got ice fishing crap coming out my ears.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #13 on: Apr 04, 2019, 11:34 AM »
2 more rod and reels. That will give me 4 pannies and 2 walleye. Plus make up a few spring bobbers. Also, might experiment with some jigs...small poppers weighted with tungsten beads. Call it a hybrid fly. Need to repair a tip up too. That's about it.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Apr 04, 2019, 03:18 PM »
Before next years ice season I will be adding a Polaris 570 Sportsman four wheeler and 3 or 4 more Vexilar FLX 28 flashers and a few new sled based houses and may be a new hub house or two to my arsenal. will be putting my current houses on my garage sale late this summer if I decide to go with all new house next season.  picking the wheeler up on April 19th hopefully(by the end of April for sure) then taking all summer to get it set up for ice fish come next season. building custom racks for it for holding gear and smaller one man house and hubs. will do a series of before and after pics plus some summer time set up pic for trail riding then the fully deck out setup ready for ice fishing. ordering a Nebulus floatation pack for the wheeler too. will also be picking up a big enough trailer to haul the wheeler and houses together. current trailer I have is only big enough for the wheeler with out a sled type house on it too.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #15 on: Apr 04, 2019, 05:52 PM »
Should be living at Three Lakes by the time ice rolls around  ;D Added a sled for mobility and Panoptix for both open water and ice. Got everything else I need (I think).

Ready to rock!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline DaveSS1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Apr 08, 2019, 10:42 AM »
As my season has been over for a few weeks now, and I am already starting to think about the next....with that being said here is my list of things to do ice related:

1.  Build a replacement smitty sled that I left at the launch.
2.  Go through all my rods & reels, jigs, rod holders and accessories and make a decision on what I need to keep, fix or donate.  So many rods sitting in buckets never being used.  This could take awhile...
3.  Make a few slight mods for my shanty.  Taking off the clam netting under my Fx100 bench seat and putting it on the inside side for loose storage.  Relocating my light switch for easier access.
4.  Modifying a milkcrate to hold a few rods.  I have a Berkley wall mount that would hold 5 rods on the outside.  Put my buddy heater, tanks, and other stuff on the inside.

Have a good off season!
Dave

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #17 on: Apr 09, 2019, 03:16 AM »
I keep telling myself to quit with the impulse buying of lures..., and other stuff, and other fishing stuff, and .... see
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #18 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:14 AM »
At least one trip to IGL at least one trip to Valentine National Wildlife Refuge.got some new toys for last season that I did not get to use, so good to go next season except for bait. Speaking of bait got a thousand spikes from Knutson? Very good quality and months later are still alive and doing well. Good luck to y’all!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #19 on: Apr 09, 2019, 10:23 AM »
As my season has been over for a few weeks now, and I am already starting to think about the next....with that being said here is my list of things to do ice related:

1.  Build a replacement smitty sled that I left at the launch.
2.  Go through all my rods & reels, jigs, rod holders and accessories and make a decision on what I need to keep, fix or donate.  So many rods sitting in buckets never being used.  This could take awhile...
3.  Make a few slight mods for my shanty.  Taking off the clam netting under my Fx100 bench seat and putting it on the inside side for loose storage.  Relocating my light switch for easier access.
4.  Modifying a milkcrate to hold a few rods.  I have a Berkley wall mount that would hold 5 rods on the outside.  Put my buddy heater, tanks, and other stuff on the inside.

Have a good off season!
Dave
told you i take donations dave!hahaha

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Apr 10, 2019, 03:39 PM »
Gonna buy a new left over snow mobile.  There are a couple of dealers in my area that are having a left over sale.  Time to retire the old ski-do, she's been good for a lot of years but why chance it any further.  Grand kids can run it around the property.

Offline straightShot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Apr 11, 2019, 04:54 PM »
I already sent my broken rods in for replacement and organized the bunch of them for next season.  Somehow I ended up with one extra reel this year.  I also replaced the studs in my Stabilicers.  I just have to sew the pocket and Velcro on my Striker Ice bibs and I should be good to go, except maybe another pair of boots this summer...

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Apr 13, 2019, 02:07 PM »
Hoping all my surgeries are done so I can ice fish.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Apr 13, 2019, 07:11 PM »
I'm planning on getting out more this year and buying another Eagle Claw inline reel, I have one and like it a lot.  I'm also considering buying an Eskimo Wide 1 Inferno or upgrading to a Marum LX-7.  I was initially considering the LX-6 but I like the bigger screen on the LX-7 more.  Other than that all I need to do is change my line on the reels and maybe get some more lures.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.