Author Topic: What flasher with $400  (Read 14376 times)

Offline Hard Water Maniacs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Learn what you can, but teach what you know!"
Re: What flasher with $400
« Reply #90 on: Jan 23, 2013, 02:05 PM »
Lol. Has nothing to do with who or what I promote. I have a reputation for being brutally honest. If it's junk, that's what my report will say. That is what started the issues with Marcum. They didn't like some of the reports I was giving on their units or customer service. We ended up resigning. The 22 is the best unit I have ever used. I hate the transducer float. Taped it to the handle to make it bigger and add some padding. Wish it had a swing arm like on the Marcums. If you look hard enough, you can find the unit you want for the price you would like. I have found a number of them even on Ebay that were priced quite low.
H.W.M.  Youth Mentoring Director
Team Extreme Ice Circuit/ Wisconsin Director
Frabill Pro Staff
K&E Stopper Pro 
Jaw Jacker Pro 
ION Pro Staff
HT Pro Staff
Vexilar Promoter
U.S.A. Ice Team qualifier

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #91 on: Jan 23, 2013, 02:12 PM »
Lol. Has nothing to do with who or what I promote. I have a reputation for being brutally honest. If it's junk, that's what my report will say. That is what started the issues with Marcum. They didn't like some of the reports I was giving on their units or customer service. We ended up resigning. The 22 is the best unit I have ever used. I hate the transducer float. Taped it to the handle to make it bigger and add some padding. Wish it had a swing arm like on the Marcums. If you look hard enough, you can find the unit you want for the price you would like. I have found a number of them even on Ebay that were priced quite low.

I'm telling you right now, you will never gain any respect on this board with all of that crap in your signature. You will always been seen as bias to those products and your posts will never be taken seriously.

EYECONICFISHING

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 23, 2013, 02:20 PM »
Who owned Marcum when you had these issues? Never heard anyone say anything but good about their service...As another who is blunt and honest the Vex line up comes in a distant 3rd in the 3 mechanical flasher makers and not even in the ball game in the new digital wave and on ice no way can match Marcums performance.... Just my unbiased opinion having spent my own money on both products and used both extensivly side by side for several seasons...I also agree with BBK just based on your signature alone whatever you say will be bias to what your paid to promote and to me means nothing....

Offline Junior58

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 23, 2013, 06:53 PM »
I'm telling you right now, you will never gain any respect on this board with all of that crap in your signature. You will always been seen as bias to those products and your posts will never be taken seriously.
X2 .......The FL22 is/was way overpriced and isn't even mentioned with top flashers anymore. Vexilars newest Flasher was old news technology wise even when it came out ......... It was popular for like 5 minutes.
2010 G3 Angler V175 FS   Yamaha 150TXR

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Jan 23, 2013, 08:56 PM »
The 22 being vexs #1 unit still has blobs on the display. All the marks blend . I know some people like that thicker line as your bait and being same size as fish you are targeting I didn't care for it. It wasn't much better then the 20 imo and the flat screen was somethig I couldn't get used to. To much glare for me. I like to use in open water also and that was horrible. I have also never heard anything bad about the service MarCum provides. I guess some people you can't please. Oh and i'm not paid to say any of this....
Fishin red lines

Offline BassOn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:54 PM »
Cabelas has lx3 tc on sale for 350 right now.

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #96 on: Jan 25, 2013, 08:59 PM »
Good deal for that unit! ;)
Fishin red lines

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #97 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:06 AM »

I'm thinking the same thing BBK. 

I want to hear more about how (s)he's been a pro-staffer for marcum, and now is a "naifc competitor" and a "Vexilar "promoter""... Lmao  ::).  If he/she/shim puffs "its" chest out any further. It might EXPLOAD.

-As for flashers. I own a Humminbird Ice-35. I ABSOLUTELY love it for the price! I would highly recommend it to someone else!

In all honestly, whenever fishing near someone else with a bird, you pick up a crap-load of interference! Even when you turn the noise down.

As much as I love my bird, I'm upgrading. I'm looking at a Marcum lx-5-7...

IMHO..  Marcum>Humminbird>Vexilar>Lowrance

As stated above, check them a out and find one your comfortable with. No need in asking complete strangers to make such a hefty financial decision for you.

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
« Reply #98 on: Jan 31, 2013, 11:35 AM »
I have owned a vexilar fl8 and the marcum lx5. I def prefer my marcum lx5. The ability to zoom in on any section of the water column, instead of just the bottom, is a great feature. The fine line technology shines too. I also like the fact that I don't have to worry about any other flasher on the lake interfering with my marcum. I  busted my transducer arm, by stepping on it. Marcum had a free one at my door the next day, even though I told them it was my fault. Great customer service. I have their 825 sd camera also, the best the industry has to offer. My buddy liked mine so much, he had to buy one too. Guys with vexilars dont care for marcums, as the vexilars get alot of interference from them. You can get a LX5 for $449 at Reeds in walker MN right now.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 01, 2013, 12:33 PM »
yea, its nice with the lx-5 in fine line to be able to clearly see the spike come off the jig and float down.  no wasted time jigging without bait.

Offline IcefisherSteve

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:56 AM »
Here is where I got my humminbird ice 45. $349 and free shipping. Great price!
http://www.thedigitaloasis.com/Humminbird-Ice-45-Ice-Fishing-Flasher-1800-Watts_p_2567.html

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 25, 2013, 07:54 AM »
I went though 3 showdown 5.6 dualbeams the winter before last, you could not give me one of these flashers, but marcum took care of me and sent me this little sweet lx3! 

For what it's worth, I have had my Showdown 5.6 dualbeam for 3 yrs and like it alot. 

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 25, 2013, 09:25 AM »
I never used one myself, but a buddy of mine has an Vex 18.....I have a LX5 on the way. $450 from Reeds. No shipping. No tax. Can't beat it. I did some extensive reading and researched. I came to the conclusion that the LX5 is the most bang for the buck. Fine line, point to point power, and the zoom at any depth was definately the selling point. I wanted a dual beam, which the LX has as well. Spend the extra $50 and buy one at Reeds. I don't see how you could go wrong. Mines should be here by Thrusday. I CAN'T WAIT!!

Offline Lrains

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Feb 25, 2013, 04:59 PM »
Purchase what you like, many good models and makes and beware of the Ford vs Chevy posts. It's your money spend it on your needs and choice.  Good luck,..,

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Nov 30, 2013, 11:02 PM »
So which one did you end up with? ;D

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #105 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:06 PM »
Go to Craigslist  with all the new units out this year  I've seen XL 7 for $400 and I've seen FL 22 for $400 and ice 55 for $350 -400 also  I was going to buy the LX7 but it was sold so if you see something you like jump on it fast
Never to many short poles

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:14 PM »
Go to Craigslist  with all the new units out this year  I've seen XL 7 for $400 and I've seen FL 22 for $400 and ice 55 for $350 -400 also  I was going to buy the LX7 but it was sold so if you see something you like jump on it fast

See another 7 for $400 let me know, I need a 2nd one....

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Dec 03, 2013, 10:18 PM »
Will do but all the good units sell so damn fast like on here I just saw a LX 6  and it was sold and form what I've read on here a used 7 is just like a new unit just have to reinstall soft ware ??

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Are you still looking for a new LX7 sportsman guide free shipping and if your already a member you can get delivered for $520 that's a great deal

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #109 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:40 PM »
Why spend $400. Get a used one on CL (that you know works) and use the rest of the money on something esle. Than you can find what's best for you at a cheaper price and upgrade if needed in the future.

Offline babills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:35 PM »
My 16 year old son just picked up a lx3 on clist for 150.00 shoulf be a good starter unit for him. always check clist.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:35 PM »
Congrats on the $150 LX 3

Offline cyclones30

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:48 PM »
You can get a new FL-18 from Reeds for $349 right now and free shipping. Very nice "mid" level flasher with some money left over.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:54 PM »
Will do but all the good units sell so damn fast like on here I just saw a LX 6  and it was sold and form what I've read on here a used 7 is just like a new unit just have to reinstall soft ware ??

Dont need to reinstall just update to the current version just like open water boat units...

Offline stcroixx09

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:05 PM »
i like my marcums but whatever u choose check craigslist(look in sporting) ive been seeing lots of good deals around me for all brands. 
Lake O The Woods Baby

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.