Author Topic: Marcum Lxi or xli  (Read 1915 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Marcum Lxi or xli
« on: Nov 18, 2004, 11:06 PM »
Has anybody tried the new Marcum XLi hand held sonar. I had a Polar Ice and had problems with it and looking for something more dependable and have heard that the new Marcum is supposed to be good? :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline varmntguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Marcum Lxi or xli
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2004, 11:19 PM »
I have an older Polar, I think it's made by Strikemaster and have had really good luck with it. I've had it for about three years now. It's great for getting tip-ups put on the perfect drop off without having to drill extra holes, or for when my Vexless fishin buddies say they need to borrow my vex to find an underwater hump or something. Kinda nice to just toss that to em rather than give up my underwater eyeballs. I hate to see what their gonna do when I show up this year with a new VS 560 camera. I don't think they will ever leave me alone. Oh well what are freinds for right? Me thinks I just figgered out why I always get invited to go fishing with them guys!!
Bent rods and full beers.

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
Re: Marcum Lxi or xli
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2004, 03:07 AM »
I cant find enough info on the new Marcum camera. How long is the cable ? 60'? Can you get one with 100'-120'?
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.