Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607465 times)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19050 on: Mar 26, 2020, 06:28 AM »
Good Morning. 26* and sunny.

IFF, it has been awhile since I saw $1.64. It is 2.45 around here.

Eddie, the soup was very good. Also a roll of TP and a container of Lysol wipes. He also informed us that they are doing a "fish fry" Friday, that pleased the wife. She has to have her fish during Lent. A "good" fish fry around here is about as rare as a 10lb walleye. She has tried 4 different ones so far this year. A couple have been OK at best.

WW, hope you have some luck on the water. Looks like it is going to be a nice day.

IW, this is MY take on the early open for us old folks. It may be a good plan in the larger stores but with the local Topps I am not sure they are bringing in their staff early to get things out. I know I went early the other day and there was nothing that was on my list. I was driving by yesterday and there were only 4 or 5 cars in the parking lot (mid morning) so I went in and got everything that I couldn't get earlier in the week, minus the TP which I still haven't figured out.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19051 on: Mar 26, 2020, 08:48 AM »
H2L.......I found some TP at the Tops in Warrensburg, I bought 2 packs of 4 in each for my son Mealworm, he had asked if I found some To pick some up. They were down to 4 rolls and they were using it sparingly.

IW

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19052 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Good Morning, All

The sun is out, so temps. will supposedly get to the mid 50's sometime today, ice on the bird bath, so it is below freezing

Ellie & I went shopping to our local Sam's Club Tuesday, as expected-no paper towels-did get a package of T.P., food items were 1 to a customer which was fine with me,
      as long as the bar codes were different in between items, pasta was sold out also, plenty of booze is stock - shopped the local supermarket yesterday-found paper towels-
      got everything else on the list in the way of canned goods, store was on a ' limit of 2 ' per customer, pasta was in stock, 2 of this 2 of that as long as the bar codes were
      different - 2 registers just for seniors to check out

Mrs. W.W. - Have fun 'social distancing' today

I.W. - Glad the computer fix wasn't too expensive - you should have all spring & summer to service the snow blower for next year

I.W. - O.S. -- When I had my radiation for the prostate, my colonoscopy was scheduled right after I finished, the gastro. said there was no visible damage to my colon, which was
      good to hear, that had me worried, best wishes to both of them & speedy recoveries

H2L - Gas here is slowly dropping, $2.25, some places are $2.15/2.17 cash

W.S. - Did the tree job get finished?

Mason - Has anything been hinted at as to what the crew will be doing when done with terrazzo?

I.F.F. - With your mrs. feeling bad, how are you feeling? - what do they need ammo. for? - they must be expecting the 'end of civilization' as we know it to happen

U.F.C. - Good luck with the plants

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19053 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:21 AM »
Decent day yesterday with a high in the upper 40's. 45* to start today with the upper 50's guessed. Rain moving in tonight with a wet weekend.

CaptJ As expected I got a call yesterday that my urooligist appointment is cancelled for April 1. I was expecting it. Hopefully I do not have to wait too long before they can reschedule it. At least they did not wait until the last minute. I am waiting to hear about an eye doctor appointment on the 31st being canceled. EDIT just got the call that the eye appointment is cancelled.

IW It is good to here your computer fix was not that expensive. I see you are back to posting jokes, taking the load off of OS. That is where I go every morning after looking at this thread. It just let the computer jargon go in one ear and out the other when some one is trying to explain some thing to me as well.
Our local store has gone to senior time for two hours every day of the week. The big box grocery store we shop at only does it two days a week for 1 hour. A friend went there on one of the days. There were over a hundred in line a half hour before they opened. She came back to our local store, to find not that many in the store.
Our local VFW used to have fish fries on Thursdays twice a month. They were discontinued over the holidays. they have not started back up. with bingo being canceled I am thinking that the VFW will be shutting down. The commander has trouble getting help to do any thing

ww An armed guard at the door! Is the panic that bad in NY even though you are no where near NYC. Good luck on the fishing.

marv It looks like I am going to get my fix of turkeys from your posts. My son has not been seeing many turkey over where I hunt. He works in pest control. With what is going on he is not getting much work do to the business not knowing what is going to happen with them having to be shut down as are all restaurants. No work no pay.

Spitzo I missed the post of the pictures of MYA. I had to go back though you posts to find the picture. I have never see a golden that light. We are getting a replacement for our chocolate lab that we had to have put down a while back. It is coming from a lab breeder friend of ours. The female had the tri factor. The litter of 9 ended up being the three black's, three yellows and three chocolates. We are getting the pick of the chocolates. Yellow labs can vary from white like MYA to fox red like my lab laying at my feet.

H2L I wish we had that girl around to find all of the things I have miss placed.

Every one have a good day. I need to get on the phone to get things straightened out with a  couple of DR's offices!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19054 on: Mar 26, 2020, 10:51 AM »
Good day in the forties currently headed to near sixty rain moving in tonight. While checking weather report saw a story about tornado in Mississippi thankfully mostly building damage and only a few minor injuries at the time news article was released to public still the last thing anyone needs at this time. Talked with my sister last night see mentioned Easter told her wait and see what is going on with the virus at that time. She did tell me items for the Easter baskets have already been purchased. my sister also contacted the aunt the two of us had lunch with back in august of 2019 she is doing fine thankfully at 95 now you worry about her. Aunt's daughter and husband just got back from Winter trip to their condo in Florida she Emailed my sister to thank her for checking on her mom. Told my Sister that many younger people were ignoring the social distancing and still going to beaches and parks.
SpitzoMT glad you are feeling better and have hopefully turned the corner on the RTI. Thank you for the info. n Mya interesting how breeders found a way to selectively breed that gives the lighter coat/fur color.
Eddie nice gesture by the trooper . Guess only people deemed essential are still working at the capitol .
Ice Wanderer good you have your computer back and bill was not to high. I also get lost when someone talks computer jargon. Nice that your neighbor was around and you could borrow his snow blower to finish your driveway. If stores are not getting items in or only limited quantities you will not see much difference even when shopping early. Glad you could find some TP for Mealworm and his family.
Wallyworld  under "normal" conditions a grocery/supermarket with a high customer volume goes through a large volume of  gloves per day with them being in high demand right now probably can not get normal supply of them delivered so none for cashiers hence the no hand to hand money/coupon transactions.  have a good day social distancing at whatever lake you are head to for fishing.
Hunts2long  is the tavern doing take out meals to have some business at this time or was the soup a donation for seniors and those with medical conditions. I agree stores with smaller staffs you will not see much difference in product levels on shelves. It is possible some places have lost workers due to the virus for different reasons.
UFCreel if everything grows you should be in good shape with food from your garden.
OldSailor keep up on the wound care for your wife's sores so she does not get any infections. All the best to her with remaining treatments.
Whopper Stopper guess you will not be doing any tree work for a while with the stay at home order. I can see the "Girls" getting more work done less distractions from others at home.
Capt.Jim appears most doctors and medical facilities are focusing on the Corona virus and any thing considered not an emergency is getting postponed even some surgeries. I believe some folks think the worse is yet to come with this virus so they are stocking up on guns and ammo for protection and in places with lower populations and lots of wilderness legal and illegal hunting if things really 'Hit the fan".
IFF good to hear your wife is better may this change with your leg. My sister was talking with a neighbor who has a son in Virginia  increase in gun/ammo sales there also. Her son went shopping at his local Walmart signs up out of stock of guns and ammo at this time.
Tom Turkey how did the visit with fire marshel go hope it will not be to costly to bring the senior center up to current code. NY. has one of the higher levels of confirmed cases of the virus  in the nation with cases in upstate areas so i guess some medical offices are taking extra precautions. When will you go select your new lab puppy.
Icefisher-45 hope you and the wife are getting through this pandemic in good shape.

This past Wednesday we had the first death from the Corona virus in my count an 80 year old gentlemen who did have other medical problems. may everyone and their families stay healthy.
 Steve

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19055 on: Mar 26, 2020, 12:01 PM »
What  stressful morning. I spent most of it tying to get the patient portal straightened out with my orto office. After tying multiple time I finally left them a message that if the needed to send me something through the portal the cam send it email as I was done with their portal> When I finally told them that I told the wife not to try taking my BP as it was off of the charts.

Steve The inspection went well. he told us what needed to be done to bring the place up to code. It is not going to be cheap but it needs to be done. If we have a fire our insurance might not cover the building. Now we have a problem with the treasure of the center as she will not want to spend the money. We will have a special meeting about the problem after this corny thing is over.

I need to get out side and get all brush from the neighbors trees raked up in the back yard. I blew the leave off of the road across from us to may keep them blowing onto or yard.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19056 on: Mar 26, 2020, 04:53 PM »
H2L even better was a my Sam's Club this morning $1.45  Went in for store opening at 10:00 only customers in were all headed to Guns/Ammo.  think we had 25 up till 1:30 when I left.  Staff of 25 to start was cut down to 15 by the time I left.  And got told I could take a leave of absence till April 18th if I wanted.  Of course no pay check goes with it. ::)

Capt-Jim, got me.  One customer said he is a store manager at a King Soopers, and that he just stopped in to see what guns were available, I ask him how his shelves looked ?? Like the other stores I had been to this morning, 3/4 empty ??  Yeah not getting everything to replace what was sold out, from the warehouses.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19057 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:36 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

What a beautiful day, I hate to see it end. I stopped at the tree job I finished yesterday just to check and make sure all the wood was picked up. The guy I worked for is in his late 80’s, he has a bad heart, dealt with a bout of cancer two years ago, and this past November had carpal tunnel surgery. The entire time we were taking the tree down he was waiting to help me chip. I learned long ago it doesn’t pay to tell him no, about all that would do is hurt his feelings. I had mentioned one other time on here that his sons are bound and determined that he and his wife sell and move into town. He said it would kill him to leave, and I tend to believe him.

He was shoveling some dirt into a wheelbarrow when I got there today, and it took him a while to get his hearing aids fired up.  He said he sure hopes if the 19 (what he calls the virus) gets him, that he goes where there is some air conditioning and not the other place. I told him I am pretty sure he is safe as in the last 25 years that I have known him, he has never cursed, told an off colored joke, or has he ever spoken bad of anyone.

He went on to tell me he has always tried to do the right things through life. He said if he had to confess to the worst thing he ever did, it would be when he was a teenager. He and a buddy found out a neighbor had watermelons in the middle of his corn field. One night the two of them snuck out and eventually found the patch. Just as they were about to grab a couple they noticed a chair with the owner of the melons fast asleep, keeping guard.

He said they put it in stealth mode and each picked two as they beat it for home. I said that in the scheme of things I really doubt that the dastardly deed was going to cause the gate to be locked on him. He thought for awhile and said what made the heinous crime even worse was that they had their own melon patch at home, but rather than picking their own, they chose to steal instead :nono: Sometimes these tree jobs get pretty deep :roflmao:

I checked out the camera card and found a couple to share. Hope you enjoy them.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19058 on: Mar 26, 2020, 09:44 PM »
Good evening no rain falling at this time maybe see some during overnight hours.
Tomturkey may you get things straightened out with the ortho. office. I don't think your treasurer has much of a choice the center could be closed down if work is not done to the building.
IFF enjoy the low gasoline prices a gallon of 87 octane  is running $2.239 to $2.359 depending on the station. You think people would also be buying some fishing equipment. Keep a watch of your coworkers health and yours if you continue on the job. I assume Colorado's labor system is overloaded with new unemployment claims lengthening  the wait for benifits.
Whopper Stopper the generation that lived through the Great Depression and WWII seem to have a great work ethic and don't like asking others for help in my experience. May this gentleman survive the virus pandemic  and be able to stay at his current home until his death. Thank you for today's videos.

A good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19059 on: Mar 27, 2020, 01:57 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  TGIF!  Very mild 45* this am, high of 52 today.

Wally...hope you and Mr.WW had a great trip, looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the videos, I believe in the mans words also...God bless him. Thanks for sharing his story, he’s got nothing to worry about!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Steve...paid $2.25 yesterday here for regular 87 octane.  :thumbsup:

A tad short on time to catch up with everyone again this morning, late to the rise and a 4am start this am.
  Will check in at break to see how everyone is doing.... Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19060 on: Mar 27, 2020, 04:39 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 38* and mostly clear a nigh of 52* is expected. ::)
                             Eddie.........I bet you're looking forward to the weekend, any plans on doing anything around the house?  ???
                             Marv..........That's a great story of the 80+ guy, there aren't to many like him, the pearly gates will be wide open for him. :thumbsup:
                             Steve.........It a funny thing about the gas prices up here, a few weeks ago the price of gas in Glens falls was 10 cents a gallon cheaper
                  than in Warrensburg, but now are the same $2,29 I don't get it. :wacko: :unsure:
                             Wally..........I hope you had a successful trip on Lake Ontario? ???
                             Bud............The same is going on around here, guns and ammo are selling. I'm not an alarmist but to think that it will come protecting 
                  our property forcefully is not the normal way of thinking. :cookoo:
                             Yesterday my wife and I got a chance to go for a walk, it was nice out and felt good, we are planning another walk today.
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay healthy and safe my friends.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19061 on: Mar 27, 2020, 06:54 AM »
37* and sunny.
WS, tell the "ole" guy not to worry. Also tell him "the watermelons are always sweeter on the other side of the street." When we were young I think we all did those types of things.
Eddie, hope you have a nice weekend. Are you talking to your Mom everyday and how is she doing?
IW, $2.29 over here also. I haven't bought a gun in years. I think the last one was an in-line MZ back in the 90's. Shells it has been a long time also. I just don't shoot as much as I use too. Back in the 70's and 80's I would shoot off from the deck of what was then the camp all the time. Not that there are more people around today but they have a different way of thinking. Today people are buying guns and ammo to guard their TP. Speaking of which, I had to pick-up some meds for the wife last night and the drug store has an alarm hooked up to their bottle of hand sanitized on the counter. These are NOT the people who I grew up with.

Have a good day...and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19062 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:00 AM »
Morning all,

WS......sounds like a sweet old man  :clap: :bow:  praying he and his wife stay safe and healthy in the home they love  :)

IW......the warmer weather should get more people outside enjoying the sounds of nature, very good moral booster for everyone  :thumbsup:

IFF.....perhaps a leave of absence now would be a good thing  ???   a chance to elevate your leg while doing some water therapy :whistle: 

Eddie.....how are your seedlings coming along, any little sprouts yet  ???  assume you'll be doing some spring cleaning around the yard this weekend  ;)2

MrC.....gas here ranges from $2.19 - $2.56 all within a few miles,  :blink:  makes no sense  :wacko:

TT.....trying to figure out computer communications can be very difficult and frustrating at times  :%$#!:  maybe your son can talk you thru it  ???hope your doctors appointment gets rescheduled sooner rather than later  :-\   how's MrsTT's knee and chest pains coming along  ???

IF45.....sending good thoughts your way, hope you're both doing ok  :)

CapJ.....guns/ammo and TP selling out , surprised the booze isn't gone too  ::) 

Fishing was pretty slow yesterday, managed to land 3 lost 1 at the net  :-\  quite a few boats out, didn't see any nets come out, guess it was slow for everyone  :unsure:  nice day to be outside tho  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Be safe, stay healthy.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19063 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Good morning all, 37 degrees. The Asparagus is planted. The shipment was three crowns short. Go figure. I sent an email and am waiting to hear back. Other than that not much around here is different. I did get the back yard completely raked. It becomes quite the mess over winter with four large dogs. The light colored or cream colored golden are a big deal in the AKC show ring. You do not see the darker golden anymore at the shows. Our old girl Dixie comes from a duck and goose hunting line and is the dark red. But age has transformed her face to white. Goldens for the most part. Are very smart dogs that learn quick and are always willing to please and love to be part of all the action. Well that's all for now. Something has the dogs barking. Take care all.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19064 on: Mar 27, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Good Morning, good morning, Everybody

Cloudy, very light mist, the sun wants to come out, highs to be near 60 maybe mid 60's

Mrs. W.W. - Big Box stores stopped gun/ammo sales years ago here in NJ, now only small sporting shops and/or specialty dealers who want to do the paperwork involved

T.T. - Tell treasurer-'Either spend money to upgrade or shut down completely because of noncompliance, which one is it?' - My next appt. with urologist is supposed to
      be April 02-let's see if that happens

I.F.F. - Not good when a store manager comes in looking for that kind of stuff

When Ellie & I were out shopping Tuesday & Wednesday, I was surprised to see so many MEN in the stores doing the shopping, list in hand, mom being home with the kids
      I guess - Boardwalks and the beaches are being fenced off to prevent people from gathering in groups - Tickets & arrests being made in the local area, Lakewood, NJ,
      very big Hasidic/Orthodox Jewish community where they are having pop-up weddings & birthday parties in defiance of orders, Lakewood also has the most cases of
      virus in the county, waiting for the state to close Lakewood down with National Guard patrols

I'll be glad when this over, just like the rest of the nation & the world

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19065 on: Mar 27, 2020, 09:27 AM »
I managed to get the sticks picked up and burnt yesterday. I had to keep putting dry leaves in the pit with them as they were pretty wet from laying on the ground all winter. Only one area to get the leaves out of so I can move on to other  lawn work. Not much green up here yet. The ground is still to cold.

UF I went to pick up some crowns from a friend that raised them. When we got them counted he threw in a few extra.  There is a lot of difference between show dogs and working dogs. A lot of breeds have had the brains bread out of them when they got popular. I used to breed Shelties. The ones I had still showed their herding instinct. After they became popular the brains were bread out of the breed as it was all about the $$$.

ww I love the color of the brown ? your hubby is holding. Or DNR has shut down all fishing guides including charters on the big lakes. They also shut down being able to get a burn permit. Our governess just banned the use of the drug that has helped some people with the virus.

I feel for you people out there. I just checked the one town I get gas from. It is $1.50. In the $1.60 range here.

Maybe I can get my one son to come over her to get things straightened out on the computer. I tried searching for a cure through Microsoft yesterday. It was way over my head with no real answer that I could figure out. I might have to take it to the geek squad to get it fixed.

The wife's chest pain has gone away. Her knee pain continues. She went to water therapy on Wednesday and came home feeling better. I guess I better find a hot tub for her.

Marv I am thinking that arrows arrow has moved out more as it is dragging the ground at the start of that one video. Hopefully the fletching does not keep it from falling out.

I need to cut this short so I a can get the last leaves out of the yard before the rain hits for the week end..

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19066 on: Mar 27, 2020, 10:40 AM »
Morning All.....
20* this morning.....Forecasted to reach 39*.....
We got 4 - 5 inches of snow Wednesday & the temps have remained on the cooler side.....
COVID-19 stats: 108 cases (8 in our county) / 1 death (1st death reported yesterday).....
Stay At Home order begins at 12:01 tomorrow morning.....

Haven't checked in the past couple days as I've been trying to rest.....Feeling about the same as last reported.....1 more day of antibiotic then I suppose I'll contact the Doc to see where we go from here.....This darn thing just keeps holding on & won't go away.....Going stir crazy sitting in this house, but I know it's for the best.....Especially now.....

W S - Thanks for the fresh vids.....Made my morning !!

WW - Nice fish pics !!

I best check out & get some rest.....Hope everyone has a great Friday !! Later - SpitzoMT

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19067 on: Mar 27, 2020, 12:25 PM »
Morning All.....
20* this morning.....Forecasted to reach 39*.....
We got 4 - 5 inches of snow Wednesday & the temps have remained on the cooler side.....
COVID-19 stats: 108 cases (8 in our county) / 1 death (1st death reported yesterday).....
Stay At Home order begins at 12:01 tomorrow morning.....

Haven't checked in the past couple days as I've been trying to rest.....Feeling about the same as last reported.....1 more day of antibiotic then I suppose I'll contact the Doc to see where we go from here.....This darn thing just keeps holding on & won't go away.....Going stir crazy sitting in this house, but I know it's for the best.....Especially now.....

W S - Thanks for the fresh vids.....Made my morning !!

WW - Nice fish pics !!

I best check out & get some rest.....Hope everyone has a great Friday !! Later - SpitzoMT

Sorry to hear that your not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19068 on: Mar 27, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Good day, sunny with blue sky and a light wind currently headed to sixty or slightly above for the days high. I never saw any rain supposedly tomorrow showers move in for the weekend. two more deaths from the Corona virus in my county . One at an assisted living facility in my town other residents have also been taken to hospital. Our town supervisor is concerned for the health of town's ambulance force. Seems every time there is some virus scams increase I will post a phone number your can contact to report suspected scams by end of this post. Also if you see price gouging contact your state's attorney General. I don't know if the contract each gas station has with petrolium company plays a part in gas prices near my home their are three Gulf stations ,one is a Cumberland farm store and the other two Gulf gas/mini markets the price per gallon can be different at each one. the two Gulf stations are around one quarter mile apart. I've also seen gas prices cheaper in the middle of my county then in my town part of which borders the Hudson river and has tank farms.
Eddie hope you had a good warp up to the work week. may the weather guessers be wrong so you can do some yard work,gardening or fishing.
Ice Wanderer nice that you have a good sized piece of property to take walks on being indoors does get to you after a while. since you are a hunter maybe you can answer this question are there different regulations between long guns/riffles and hand guns here in NYS. I know to purchase a handgun you must pass a security check and wait so many days. Then if you want to carry the hand gun on your body you need either an open or concealed carry permit. either of which is difficult to obtain at least here in my county. I can see the increase in ammo sale here in NY. but would think regulations would prevent a rapid increase in gun sales.
Hunts2long as areas become more densely populated  especially with folks who once lived in cities or crowded suburbs hearing gun shots raises an alarm.
wallyworld congratulations on the trout glad lakes here in Ny. are still open for fishing.
UFCreel may the weather cooperate and your garden give a good yield this year.. Thank you for the info. on Golden retrievers. I have found most Golden's and Labs. to be very friendly dogs. You do have to watch some of the Sporting breeds was at a friends home taken off my shoes next thing i see is their German wire haired pointer walking with one of the shoes in it's mouth. The dog had been trained for bird hunting.
capt.Jim glad some folks are talking the virus precautions seriously and not bringing the whole family shopping. Always irked me when schools were closed during snow storms and people would come in with their children travel conditions are bad only one of you come out to shop not the whole family. The orthodox jewish/hasidic communities with their religious practices due have a lot of social contact I know the men will have daily prayer meetings and it is common for their communities to have a high volume of people living in close spaces.
Tomturkey good you could get ome yard work done. May your wife's knee pain improve with time. Over breeding any type of dog does causes changes in that type/breeds traits.
SpitzoMT may you turn the corner on the RTi. Hope you don't need another round of antibiotics.

If you receive a phone call or letter you suspect is a scam call the FTC Response Center 1-877-382-4357.

Have a good day and stay healthy.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19069 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:22 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I spent the morning at the s-i-l's cutting a couple of oaks. When I got done with hers I stopped at a different job and decided to knock that off. I am off to bed but thought I would post a couple of videos. It's been quiet but when the come they stick around for awhile.

Hope you all have a nice evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19070 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:46 PM »
I got put on the door duty, keeping track of how many customers are in the store.  Only 50 are allowed at any time.  At one time there were 20, and as few as 2.

No freight truck today so it was pretty boring for most of the crew.  And except for about 20 minutes only one register was open

Office manager says he will revise the work schedules and think it will only be 2 days a week, and not 8 hour days. ::) that eliminates unemployment.

Guess if arrow turkey sheds the arrow we will never know unless is on Marv's cam.
Bud

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19071 on: Mar 27, 2020, 07:51 PM »
I got put on the door duty, keeping track of how many customers are in the store.  Only 50 are allowed at any time.  At one time there were 20, and as few as 2.

No freight truck today so it was pretty boring for most of the crew.  And except for about 20 minutes only one register was open

Office manager says he will revise the work schedules and think it will only be 2 days a week, and not 8 hour days. ::) that eliminates unemployment.

Guess if arrow turkey sheds the arrow we will never know unless is on Marv's cam.
I'd check on the unemployment, you might be able to get partial benefits with the reduced work schedule, something would be better than nothing.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19072 on: Mar 27, 2020, 10:55 PM »
Good evening, Meanandcuznalfy welcome to the 9:45 thread please feel free to post here on a regular basis. We do have a group of members who post daily and the thread is sort of like an on-line morning coffee circle everyone is free to post. Always room for one more person.
Whopper stopper do you still have more trees to take down at your SIL's house. I think Mr.Turkey maybe correct about "Arrow's " arrow moving it's way through her body. Thanks for today's videos.
IFF so now they have you in a security guard type position.Hopefully we can get back to 'normal" soon people's personal finances and the nation's economy are taking a big hit from the Corona virus.

I had an interesting afternoon went to my back and then the post office before heading to supermarket. Once i got to the bank see sign on door new hours 9-3 Mon.-Fri.,Sat.9-12 .Go to open the door and it is locked checked my watch it is a little after 2PM a bank employee came and opened the door like IFF's store limiting the number of customers inside the building . think in time most business transactions will be done via the drive through and ATM. At the post office would only allow one person at a time in room with service counter plastic sheets hanging from the ceiling to shortly above top of service counter. I purchased my book of stamps and headed to the super market. Sign in entrance listing items they were currently limiting customer to one or two  packages. Paper goods, Canned vegetables,soups, shelf areas empty or very limited selection. All sales are final, no refunds, coupons suspended.

Have a good night. Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19073 on: Mar 28, 2020, 05:02 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 29* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv.........I see that Arrow is going strong, that arrow in his back side must be disturbing to him going through the woods. :unsure:
                         Steve.......I have a the right to carry a concealed weapon permit, it took 3 months to get once the application was in. I have a Ruger .38
                pistol. I don't carry it, never the need to. I have a friend that has the same permit and carries one in his vehicle at all times. :whistle:
                         Bud..........meandcuzn ally is right you can sign up for unemployment and get a partial check. :blink:
                         Tom..........I wish my snow would melt so I could get out and do some yard work. :whistle:
                         Eddie........I hope you have a good weekend, today is going to be the day to get outside, looks like rain tomorrow. :%$#!:
                         Wally........I'm surprised you're not baking to take up time when not out on the boat.
                         Not much going on today, I puttered yesterday, it's getting old.
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or home. Stay healthy and safe.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19074 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  Calm 30* this am, some rain moving in this afternoon, high of 46 today. I noticed recently where I get my weather forecast each morning for my area (weather underground) they show confirmed cases of the virus for my county...as of yesterday it was 187.

Jeff...thanks, I plan on spending some time out in the garden area today...most all of our snow has now melted and noticed the last bit of ice on a local lake disappeared yesterday. The rain coming should help take care of your snow...won’t be long!  :thumbsup:  Did you mess around with the snowblower belts yet?
   Steve...believe we’ll be seeing more and more of the limiting for awhile, both people and products.
  Meandcuznalfy...welcom e to the 9:45!  Agree on the unemployment advice.   :thumbsup:
  Bud...would definitely look into the unemployment, you may very well be entitled to partial payment of benefits.
  Marv...you’ve been on a roll with the tree jobs lately, hope you have a relaxing weekend! How’s that repaired saw been running for you? Thanks for sharing the videos, agree on the arrow....looks like it’s almost ready to pass through our favorite hen.   :thumbsup:
  Spitzo...best wishes sent, hopefully that bug will let loose soon.   :thumbsup:
  Tom...best wishes for your wife also, glad to read no more chest pains!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...just can’t figure some people out, hopefully it won’t take martial law to get them under control. Believe we’re on your side...will be glad to see this come to an end.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congratulation s on your trip, thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures!    :clap:  I’ve got an assortment of seedlings going...mostly peppers and a few tomatoes.
  H2...we continue to get daily reports on my Mom. Had a bit of a scare Wednesday evening, but they allowed 2 of my family members to enter the facility after being checked and proper PPE’s worn. So far so good...but no visitation is allowed again.

Apologies to those I have missed...catching up with this crowd can be challenging at times, lol .  Hope everyone is safe and handling this crazy spin on life as best they can.   :bow:

Received a letter yesterday from my employer deeming me “ Essential “ advised to carry it in my vehicle in the event of a stop. Still up in the air over that one...not certain if I’m honored or nervous about that quite yet... ;D
  Yard and garden on the agenda, and maybe a fire before the rain showers move in....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19075 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:25 AM »
Good Morning, 29* and clear.
IFF, the store sure does sound slow. Guess people are paying attention to the guild lines and staying away from crowds. Does make for a long day.
Mr. C, the bank here is drive-up only and sign on the door says, Lobby service by APPT. that should cut down on bank hold-ups.
IW, I may get out and do the ranking on the South end of the house today. Wife and I took Scout for a ride yesterday and I ran into TSC to get a bag of dog food. Talked to my brother yesterday (phone), he said he is seeing Summer people at their camps. Must be getting out of the bigger cities. Not sure I like hearing that. The lake is open down past the bridge. Just below our house there was is a float plane tied up at one of the camps beach.
Hope this morning finds everyone well and have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19076 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

IW....haven't done much baking for 2 reasons, 1) all the stores are out of flour/sugar/etc so I'm low on supplies  :blink:  2) if I bake there will be baked goods in the house, not a good place for them  :nono:  :roflmao:

WS.....you sure are a hard working "retired" man  :whistle:  those are some plump birds  :thumbsup:

TT.....glad you were able to get some yard work done, NYS has a burn ban until May 15th  :-\  when are you getting your new pup  ???

MrC.....we both have concealed carry permits also, it does take quite awhile to get a permit but once you have it buying another handgun is no big deal  ;)  assume people are concerned about possible looting if things go from bad to worse  :unsure: 

Eddie.....hope your Mom and the rest of the family are all doing well  :)  enjoy the weekend sir  ;)

IFF.....definitely check if you can collect partial unemployment based on the reduced hours,  but you might be better off money wise to take the leave of absence and collect your full unemployment until things return to normal   ;)2

H2L....my credit union has been appointment only for a few weeks now, drive thru and atms open as usual  :-\  saw on the news the "city folk" are leaving for their second homes, potentially bringing the virus with them  :%$#!: so nice they're willing to share  :nono: :nono:

Spritz.....hope you're feeling better  ;)

Another frosty morning but warming up with rain for the remainder of the weekend  :-\  good thing is the rain will wash some of the sand/salt off the roads  :clap:  getting close to "bike" time  :thumbsup:  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19077 on: Mar 28, 2020, 06:48 AM »
WW, we saw a few bikes out yesterday. You are right the roads still have a lot of winter dirt on them. The wife gave up "sweets" for Lent and I am paying the price. Go figure....lol...h2l

When I talked to my brother yesterday he told me about his daughter's new job. She works at the DMV in Albany collecting past due traffic tickets. The office is closed so she is working from home. Her new job is taking 1-800 calls to set times for people to get tested for the virus. People think she is a Dr. and you wouldn't believe the questions she is getting. She is not a drinker but it bet she will be....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19078 on: Mar 28, 2020, 10:05 AM »
40* wet start to the day. Looks like rain through the week end. It looks like I will be working in the garage today. It needs it. I did move the snow shovels into the garage yesterday. They will not be put away for good until after April 3rd.

I got an email from the Lake Assn last night that there was a total burning ban. You can only have a fire in a fire pit unless it is to cook food. We have never had to get a permit to burn leaves. I did get a message a few days ago from the DNR that they were not giving out burn permits but nothing about a total burn ban.  I had a pile of leaves I would have burned yesterday but the wind was wrong. I covered it so It would not get wet. I guess I will carry it across the road and put in the woods.

Marv By looking at the length of the arrow in Arrow it might be ready to fall out. I think you maybe able to recognize her after it falls out by the messed up wing.

Steve The wife had to drive 7 miles to go to a credit union connected to the one in town as that one is closed down as they do not have a drive through but the other one does.

ww I think that any more to buy another pistol your carry permit will not make it so you do not have to got threw a background check. Here in order to get the new enhanced driver license you have to show your birth certificate even though you had to show it to get your first license. When I got my first one at the sheriffs dept., I can still remember the deputies showing my mother pictures of all of the accidents that she treat the victims at the hospital where she was the head of the ER.

Actually tom turkeys gain weight over the winter. They grow a breast sponge around the crop. It is a nasty looking mess. They live off of it while they are chasing hens in the spring as they do not eat much then.

I have been sing a few bikes around here for a few weeks. They have canceled the Blessing of the Bikes for next month in Baldwin. A good thing as it would be hard to have distancing with 5 to 6,000 bikes in a big field.

I just saw that Bob Evans restaurants just laid off all of their employees. To get back to work they have to reapply. That means they would be a new employee with no seniority or benefits. Showed just how good of a company it is to disrespect their former employees.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19079 on: Mar 28, 2020, 10:21 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

42 heading to 50 with lots of rain moving in by the afternoon.

I was at the s-i-l's at first light helping spread a big load of chips that I had dropped off.

mr.clean I only have one more job to get done. Being it's a damaged tree I will be able to work on it during the week without bothering anyone. Other then that I am caught up on tree work which will give me time to work on some projects around home.

WW hope the rain gets all the roads cleaned. Almost time for the WW'S "2020 Road Adventures" :thumbsup:

TT you could be right on Arrows arrow. If it dows fall out I hope it happens in front of the camera.

Eddie enjoy your time in the garden :thumbsup: The saw has been running like a top.

Nothing on tap for today, just hanging close to the bunker.

Hope you all have an excellent day, either at work or attempting to play :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.