The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Overnight trip this weekend, where to go?  (Read 529 times)

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
Overnight trip this weekend, where to go?
« on: Feb 17, 2014, 11:01 AM »
Hey guys, I'm thinking of taking Friday off and making a long weekend trip somewhere, grabbing a hotel room and staying overnight and all. I like to run tip ups for pike, walleye, larger bass, and muskie if I get lucky, and jig for panfish and whatever else wants to bite, while I wait for flags. High Point and Kinzua are some of the out of town lakes I like to hit during the ice fishing season, but the reports on those pages say both have been much slower than usual, and there aren't a lot of very recent reports. If those places are still slow, was thinking of trying somewhere new where we'd have a good shot at the previously mentioned species. Was wondering if anyone would be willing to make a good recommendation somewhere in PA, or I wouldn't even mind trying somewhere in New York? Feel free to PM me if youre more comfortable with it. Thanks for the help.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Overnight trip this weekend, where to go?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2014, 11:22 AM »
From what I have been reading the bite is slow all over,I'm not sure what part of the state your from but here in the northeast part of the state there is a lot of snow on the ice right now making it real tough to get around on the ice,and I don't think its going anywhere fast,lake wallenpaupack is about the only lake worth taking a trip to for a few days,there's lots of places to stay in the area and also a few lakes nearby to fish

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2014, 11:44 AM »
From what I have been reading the bite is slow all over,I'm not sure what part of the state your from but here in the northeast part of the state there is a lot of snow on the ice right now making it real tough to get around on the ice,and I don't think its going anywhere fast,lake wallenpaupack is about the only lake worth taking a trip to for a few days,there's lots of places to stay in the area and also a few lakes nearby to fish

BIG CREWS right on track.The snow is killing the fishing right now.
The WALLENPAUPACK is a great choice.Has all the fish you are after plus some others includeing BIG CATS and STIPERs.Lots of hotels in the area also.You wont be too far from SHAHOLA LAKE , LAKE GRELEY,PECKS pond or FAIRVEIW also.I think it would be a good bet for you.These lakes are in PIKE and WAYNE county.Good luck .POST your trip SUCSESS.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2014, 02:25 PM »
Thanks for the help guys, I currently live in Central PA, and mostly fish the likes of Glendale, Black Moshannon, and Sayer's Dam. However, I lived in NEPA for a year and a half for my second job out of college, and fished some of the Pike/ Wayne county lakes. Fished the Pack a couple of times, and it was slow both times. Would fish there again, though.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:16 PM »
what about cowanesue or tioga Hammond.  both have big fish and a lot of variety. 

maybe Montour preserve could be an option.  it has a pretty goo population of walleye and some pike in it also.   

You also have rose valley.  it has some nice walleye when you can find them...... usually only at night.  and from what I seen this year some dandy crappie and its always had some bullgills and jumbo perch. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline jiggly McWiggler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:27 PM »
sometimes its in your own backyard.  maybe trying something or somewhere or sometime new is the key.  im gonna try an overnight trip with this warm up but its gonna be an on the ice overnighter!  if im walkin through slop im giving it hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cookoo:
compliments of ..... the world famous traveling  jiggly McWiggler ice fishing extravaganza!

Offline EssoxHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Whoa black crappie bam da lam
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2014, 06:42 PM »
Go to deep creek, and let us know how ya do.its like goin to potter county for the first day of trout, the loose women are every here...ya know, if the fish aren't active. ;D and they got walleye.
Catch And Release  Pike And Muskie!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.