Author Topic: Lake Erie Ice  (Read 5526 times)

hot rod h

Lake Erie Ice
« on: Jan 16, 2004, 12:00 PM »
Any fishable ice on lake Erie? When do you think it might be safe enough?  Any replies would be appricated.  Can't wait to get out there and caught some hogs.

Thanks Rod

BIG MEAN

Re:Lake Erie Ice
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2004, 05:01 AM »
hello, have been told there fishing off middle bass.
 going to drive up around the state park check it
out.some out around whites landing ,h20 is cloudy
there ,and fish were slow. good luck.

BIG-MEAN

Offline tlshealy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2004, 04:17 PM »
I was out at Catawba today, some air boats were going out; pretty good 4 inches of ice, I just went out a little beyond the push ice in about 17' of water, no bites, and I was a little hesitant to venture out any further, if it doesn't get broken up tomorrow it should be getting good by next week.
Tad

fgmchief

« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I was out at Catawba today, some air boats were going out; pretty good 4 inches of ice, I just went out a little beyond the push ice in about 17' of water, no bites, and I was a little hesitant to venture out any further, if it doesn't get broken up tomorrow it should be getting good by next week.
Tad
hopefully soon we'll get out, had a very good year last year.let me know if you hear anything and i'll do the same.

Offline tlshealy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2004, 06:36 PM »
The guys in the air boat said that they heard only perch were bitting out deep, and a guy at Ricks Bait said that the walleye would come in to that area more in Feb and Mar. If I don't hear anyone catching much up there, I might just hit the Bucyrus Reservoir and wait until we can get the 4 wheeler out there and catch some hogs.
Tad

hot rod h

« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2004, 01:31 PM »
It looks like it won't be long.  Reports have about 10 inches around the islands and looks as is atv's should be able to go off of Cat. isle this weekend.  Will probably wait a week to be sure.  Be careful if you venture out and good luck.

ROD

tahoej

« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2004, 02:12 PM »
there are shantys off PIB. go to http://www.eriecam.com
click on PIB TV

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Can someone give some direction, as to which guide or charter to consider for a trip out to rattlesnake or an of the other islands for a ice fishing trip. This would prob be 1st 2nd week in feb.  Any names, phone # or web adress would be appericiated

Live to fish, Fish to live ???
live to fish, fish to live

Offline backagainbaha

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2004, 06:33 PM »
Booked trip with Capt Bud Gehring out of Put N Bay for Sunday
Taking airboat over will, let everyone know on Monday
Bud Gehring  phone 1-419-285-3615
Hardwater Charteres Airboat 1-419-285-3106

Schreck

Offline Gary Piotrowski

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 21, 2004, 07:51 PM »
   Just got home from 8 days at Put-N-Bay they have been out fishing around Rattlesnake Island,also Green Island.With alot of success for walleye.In the "Bay" area,perch is still very slow.The "Hotel" is gettin' filled up real quick from the Ice Fishermen riding "A.T.V's",from the mainland.

hiddenlake

« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2004, 12:36 AM »
Things are sounding good,cant wait much longer! How is the camp perry area? Did really well there last year. Have a long time friend coming from Virginia and need to know if the eyes are hitting yet. Would really thank you if  you would let me know. Thanks and will let you all know how we do to.

fgmchief

« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2004, 04:36 PM »
Can someone give some direction, as to which guide or charter to consider for a trip out to rattlesnake or an of the other islands for a ice fishing trip. This would prob be 1st 2nd week in feb.  Any names, phone # or web adress would be appericiated

Live to fish, Fish to live ???
look up hardwater charters

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 27, 2004, 08:02 PM »
Is it worth getting a ride out to Put-In and do it your self apposed to getting a guide.  My buddy is getting cheep on me and I'd like to get out.  I figure guys get a ride and do it on there own every weekend. Just looking for some in put.  Help would be appreciated.

Live to fish,Fish to live
live to fish, fish to live

fgmchief

« Reply #13 on: Jan 28, 2004, 07:31 PM »
Last year it was great off camp perry, had to go out 5 to 7 miles for the big ones,10 and 12 pounders. Moved alot to catch our limits. Has anyone heard anything about this area yet? Got them there last year the last 2 weeks of february.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.