Author Topic: Wahoo! Who’s excited for the cold  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Railroad1

• IceShanty Rookie
Wahoo! Who’s excited for the cold
« on: Jan 31, 2023, 05:42 PM »
I can’t wait finally some nice cold weather.  Hopefully fishing will be good I’ve had some great weekends lost a huge trout at hole last weekend and then got a nice small mouth.

If your smelling sausage and onions and peppers on the grille come say hello. Good luck!

Offline TheCrittaC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Set the hook!
Re: Wahoo! Who’s excited for the cold
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2023, 06:00 PM »
I'll be out Sunday in a red Eskimo shack and a Smitty Sled.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2023, 06:03 PM »
Cold yes, wind, mot so much, wind blows-pun  intended, unfortunately,  itvl will be very short lived, only 1day all month below average, the rest were above.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2023, 08:20 PM »
I'm gonna pass on Sat gotta make the lady feel special. And re tie some leaders I'll be out Sunday hard-core. Hopefully walking will be easier.
Salmonemia

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2023, 08:40 PM »
Forecast looked good for setting things up for fishing the week before the derby... but long range forecast for that week has one maybe two decent days tops.  Oh well, will have to make due.  Good luck everyone.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2023, 10:39 PM »
The wind tonight and tomorrow aren’t bad. If things lock up tonight or tomorrow I’d think it would set up well for the cold temps this weekend despite the wind. Depending on how much ice we make, I don’t think we’ll lose too much despite the warmer temps next week. Unless we get rain. We’ll get our answer in a week!
Tight Lines!

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2023, 04:39 AM »
I have 2 really cold days Friday Saturday with 30+ wind followed by 5 days of 48-54 degrees but I live towards cape cod. Probably get my tan on w 54 degrees

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2023, 05:50 AM »
o/n lows in the teens + sub-zero is good for the ice!

Saturday's *high* for Laconia is supposed to be single digits- should be making ice all day.

I saw -20(!) for Sabattus, ME...brrrr....that's really good for the ice (and not that far away)...

Personally, I'll be taking Saturday off to get my gear in order + catch up on some things at home....then hit the ice on Sunday afternoon.   ;D

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:09 AM »
Heading north tomorrow AM, then again on Sunday. I don’t mind the cold, but the wind can S*@K it   
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:44 AM »
Pumped for some cold but as already mentioned the wind is a deal breaker... I can do 10 below in the calm but stack 20-30 mph winds on it and I'm stoking the fire and playing The Long Dark on my pc...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:50 AM »
Pumped for some cold but as already mentioned the wind is a deal breaker... I can do 10 below in the calm but stack 20-30 mph winds on it and I'm stoking the fire and playing The Long Dark on my pc...

I recall a windy day we got our arses handed to us, prompting  you to almost leave a few hundred dollars worth of gear on a lake..lesson learned.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2023, 07:55 AM »
I recall a windy day we got our arses handed to us, prompting  you to almost leave a few hundred dollars worth of gear on a lake..lesson learned.

It was a beauty morning... The afternoon brought out the "teacher" lol
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:07 AM »
Gonna try to get out Sunday (10-4:30 or so) on a So NH lake that always locks up late.  Hoping with the forecasted cloudy conditions there might be a good bite.  Can't imagine it's gotten much pressure so far this season.

Offline dbickom

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 01, 2023, 09:42 AM »
Excited for the results of the cold but cant say I'm looking forward to the combination of cold and wind.  Ahhhh - who's complaining.
Good things come to those who Bait!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 01, 2023, 10:11 AM »
I'm gonna pass on Sat gotta make the lady feel special. And re tie some leaders I'll be out Sunday hard-core. Hopefully walking will be easier.

I agree with the easier walking . The upcoming temps will take care of the slop on top of the ice !  :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.