Author Topic: Sally and missy report  (Read 1891 times)

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sally and missy report
« on: Jan 31, 2023, 01:41 PM »
I thought i would throw this info out there. There could be fishable ice on both resi's on usual spots by the weekend BUT.  Sally as of this morning was above winter pool near 5ft and discharge was high. Water will be muddy and there could be a ice sheet on shore where level has dropped after making ice making it hard to get on and off without cleats. It's very unlikely it would be worth trying even if levels and ice returns closer to normal. Discharge, current and color equals low chance for a decent bite. The same can be said about the Missy with a couple exceptions. Level is at winter pool and it's possible by the weekend the discharge may be lowered to a point where the current in the red bridge area won't be terrible. Water color on Sunday at red bridge was not bad but i think by looking at the discharge that's going on right now alot of runoff came in the last few days which means dirty water. It will clear quick but not sure by weekend if that's actually the case. So before making any kind of drive take a look at the numbers on corp site. If i should see or hear any details i'll post. Remember these CFU's # Sally less than 80. Missy less than 100.   

Offline bherr24

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sally and missy report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2023, 05:44 PM »
I have been struggling at missy recently fishin open water. I dont know what it is but ive never had to work so hard to catch crappie there. There appears to be a ton of shad and the lake is being kept lower now then when it was controlled by louisville. I have been last 2 saturdays and not a bite. One day a few weeks back i managed 2. Thats been it. Im hoping i can find some safe ice on a pond or small lake near me for this weekend

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2023, 10:47 PM »
I have been struggling at missy recently fishin open water. I dont know what it is but ive never had to work so hard to catch crappie there. There appears to be a ton of shad and the lake is being kept lower now then when it was controlled by louisville. I have been last 2 saturdays and not a bite. One day a few weeks back i managed 2. Thats been it. Im hoping i can find some safe ice on a pond or small lake near me for this weekend

Who is controlling the flow now ? I noticed in the spring the last few years it being lower than normal at Hogsback and a DNR officer told me they were keeping it lower in the spring from now on.

Offline kyron4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2023, 10:49 PM »
I thought i would throw this info out there. There could be fishable ice on both resi's on usual spots by the weekend BUT.  Sally as of this morning was above winter pool near 5ft and discharge was high. Water will be muddy and there could be a ice sheet on shore where level has dropped after making ice making it hard to get on and off without cleats. It's very unlikely it would be worth trying even if levels and ice returns closer to normal. Discharge, current and color equals low chance for a decent bite. The same can be said about the Missy with a couple exceptions. Level is at winter pool and it's possible by the weekend the discharge may be lowered to a point where the current in the red bridge area won't be terrible. Water color on Sunday at red bridge was not bad but i think by looking at the discharge that's going on right now alot of runoff came in the last few days which means dirty water. It will clear quick but not sure by weekend if that's actually the case. So before making any kind of drive take a look at the numbers on corp site. If i should see or hear any details i'll post. Remember these CFU's # Sally less than 80. Missy less than 100.   

Thanks for the update. Looks like mid to upper 40's all next week so it could be a very small window to get out. Be safe.

Offline bherr24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2023, 08:44 PM »
Who is controlling the flow now ? I noticed in the spring the last few years it being lower than normal at Hogsback and a DNR officer told me they were keeping it lower in the spring from now on.

Being controlled by Chicago now i believe. I think that is part of my struggle. A lot of structure is now out of the water. I have been fishin the same spots that have produced year after year and just gettin blanked. The slocum area in particular has been really bad.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.