The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Joe HO Ho Holland  (Read 35578 times)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Joe HO Ho Holland
« Reply #150 on: Jan 17, 2023, 06:05 PM »
All my white perch , Crappies, yellow perch  are presoaked in the lake before i Fillet them , and rinse them off of scales and bone pieces.

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #151 on: Jan 18, 2023, 07:51 PM »
YUCKY!!!! DO NOT Support these professional burners!

If you want to check him out….:I don’t know why you would other than to troll or just to know who they are so if you see them on a lake or stream you can tell them to shove it. Mainelyoutdoors YouTube. The biggest spot burner I’ve seen to date.

Offline Gray Boat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #152 on: Jan 18, 2023, 08:51 PM »
Donnie Johnston for president!

But yea in all seriousness, don’t name the pond and/or show clear landmarks. Great way to ruin a place.

Offline grub662

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya got any smelts?
« Reply #153 on: Jan 19, 2023, 06:49 AM »
All my white perch , Crappies, yellow perch  are presoaked in the lake before i Fillet them , and rinse them off of scales and bone pieces.

Put it right to ya. Probably won't make a difference at this point.
If you fish the wrong lure long and hard enough it will eventually become the right lure!

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
« Reply #154 on: Jan 19, 2023, 07:53 AM »
Donnie Johnston for president!

But yea in all seriousness, don’t name the pond and/or show clear landmarks. Great way to ruin a place.
As someone with a YT channel, I rarely name a spot, and try not to add landmarks. Many do tho. It does add viewership interest if a place is named, but I don’t like to do it. Still realizing how little it takes for someone to recognize a spot tho. Came to realize I’ll never 100% be able to conceal a spot. 
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #155 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:14 AM »
As someone with a YT channel, I rarely name a spot, and try not to add landmarks. Many do tho. It does add viewership interest if a place is named, but I don’t like to do it. Still realizing how little it takes for someone to recognize a spot tho. Came to realize I’ll never 100% be able to conceal a spot.

I was curious how you felt about him making an episode at one of your crappie spots after you had done so.  I stopped guiding many years ago because it wasn't worth it to see people in those same spots after with 10 of their closest friends.  Wasn't so bad trolling as ice fishing as you are moving around.

I can only imagine the beating that pond has taken since his last crappie video, many recognizable house shots for people in the know.   

Offline DowneastPescador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #156 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:33 AM »

I have watched your videos and you are respectful and try not to spot burn. I support your YouTube channel. As long as you’re aware of the issue I’m cool with people making videos. The guy I’m talking about literally goes onto google maps with the people and shows them exactly what/where to go……for 75 goddamn dollars. I emailed him about taking business from other guides (including himself) and was nice about it. He replied “sorry you don’t like the way I make a living and the way the world is changing.”  And something about “hope you have a better day”. Lol. Such a cop out.

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #157 on: Jan 19, 2023, 09:53 AM »
I have watched your videos and you are respectful and try not to spot burn. I support your YouTube channel. As long as you’re aware of the issue I’m cool with people making videos. The guy I’m talking about literally goes onto google maps with the people and shows them exactly what/where to go……for 75 goddamn dollars. I emailed him about taking business from other guides (including himself) and was nice about it. He replied “sorry you don’t like the way I make a living and the way the world is changing.”  And something about “hope you have a better day”. Lol. Such a cop out.

That is a shame, 75 bucks. It just smacks of disrespect for the resource and the other sportsmen.  I have no respect for the losers that pay it either.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #158 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:09 AM »
If you want to check him out….:I don’t know why you would other than to troll or just to know who they are so if you see them on a lake or stream you can tell them to shove it. Mainelyoutdoors YouTube. The biggest spot burner I’ve seen to date.
The same guy who fishes in the one river down east lol laughable.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #159 on: Jan 19, 2023, 10:11 AM »
Josh you do it right. You try to be as respectful as you can. The bigger lakes it’s not so bad. It’s just those smaller places that get spot burned.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #160 on: Jan 19, 2023, 12:58 PM »
  most ponds in Maine perch and other fish run very small  because of lack of food  P H probaly has a lot to do with it. so by throwing back small fish does not help build size, help build size by keeping and using the smaller size feed the eagle and other wild life filleting smaller fish still give you more meat than youd get in a clam or Scallop , a lot of the smaller ponds have thousands of small perch Crappies in them and they multiply  but size stays real small,  Like a small pond that has hornpout  put in it they multipy to a point that kills the pond. so throwing back all these smaller perch and Crappies  does not give the other fish in the pond  a chance to grow bigger, if the state would stock these ponds with  live food  like freshwater shirmp etc   . I think we could  start to see a big improvement....

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #161 on: Jan 19, 2023, 01:47 PM »
  most ponds in Maine perch and other fish run very small  because of lack of food  P H probaly has a lot to do with it. so by throwing back small fish does not help build size, help build size by keeping and using the smaller size feed the eagle and other wild life filleting smaller fish still give you more meat than youd get in a clam or Scallop , a lot of the smaller ponds have thousands of small perch Crappies in them and they multiply  but size stays real small,  Like a small pond that has hornpout  put in it they multipy to a point that kills the pond. so throwing back all these smaller perch and Crappies  does not give the other fish in the pond  a chance to grow bigger, if the state would stock these ponds with  live food  like freshwater shirmp etc   . I think we could  start to see a big improvement....
👍👍

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #162 on: Jan 19, 2023, 02:10 PM »
i garden so all those small perch, fallfish etc go strait into my compost pile. big ones i eat.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Jan 19, 2023, 02:55 PM »
  I jig a lot ofwhite perch and kep them all, some of real small ones go for cut bait  but i fillet them all and compost the rest. Years ago farmers use to go to Brooks during the sucker spawn with their  Manure spreaders and fil them with suckers they would then take them back to their farm and spread them on Gardens and fields ,all my fillets give us fish fllets for  a few months. fish cakes. I use to be able to go out and jig cod enough for a year in one day, but no more. Draggers took that chance away  One day id fish  east and west cod ledge and in one day jigging cod would give me fillets for a year.now  after several trips up jigging up to a lake near by i have  enough fresh water haddock  for the year.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #164 on: Jan 19, 2023, 03:15 PM »
  I jig a lot ofwhite perch and kep them all, some of real small ones go for cut bait  but i fillet them all and compost the rest. Years ago farmers use to go to Brooks during the sucker spawn with their  Manure spreaders and fil them with suckers they would then take them back to their farm and spread them on Gardens and fields ,all my fillets give us fish fllets for  a few months. fish cakes. I use to be able to go out and jig cod enough for a year in one day, but no more. Draggers took that chance away  One day id fish  east and west cod ledge and in one day jigging cod would give me fillets for a year.now  after several trips up jigging up to a lake near by i have  enough fresh water haddock  for the year.
You make those fish cakes for Donny yet?!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #165 on: Jan 19, 2023, 03:49 PM »
I have been so busy making his donuts     Made a batch of 3 doz.  3 days ago and now there all gone , fishcakes are going to have to wait.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:03 PM »
Josh you do it right. You try to be as respectful as you can. The bigger lakes it’s not so bad. It’s just those smaller places that get spot burned.

I try hard not to spot burn. More so now as my channel is growing, and more people are watching. Every lake / pond is someone’s “home” “go-to” spot. Even the bigger lakes. For example, I filmed many videos in-front of a very large concrete wall, never showed an inch of it. Obviously some would recognize it, but I had many people asking for the spot, that I knew fished that exact spot!! Only mentioned it here because that place is a dumpster fire now!!
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #167 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:06 PM »
I was curious how you felt about him making an episode at one of your crappie spots after you had done so.  I stopped guiding many years ago because it wasn't worth it to see people in those same spots after with 10 of their closest friends.  Wasn't so bad trolling as ice fishing as you are moving around.

I can only imagine the beating that pond has taken since his last crappie video, many recognizable house shots for people in the know.
Joe and I both talked about not naming it. After the fact, I realized I gave away a few details I shouldn’t have. Something as simple as a “small pond with no mapping available.”  No joke, I had 8 people tying at the same time on FB after posting that video. Thankfully, there’s still some good slabs in there!! 

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #168 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:17 PM »
I try hard not to spot burn. More so now as my channel is growing, and more people are watching. Every lake / pond is someone’s “home” “go-to” spot. Even the bigger lakes. For example, I filmed many videos in-front of a very large concrete wall, never showed an inch of it. Obviously some would recognize it, but I had many people asking for the spot, that I knew fished that exact spot!! Only mentioned it here because that place is a dumpster fire now!!
😆😆

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:23 PM »
The more that fish an area the better it gets cleaning out all the smaller ones so they have more food  to help them get bigger.  all of us would have a chance to visit with each other. and no spend time and money going down to Damriscotta lake.

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #170 on: Jan 19, 2023, 04:34 PM »
The more that fish an area the better it gets cleaning out all the smaller ones so they have more food  to help them get bigger.  all of us would have a chance to visit with each other. and no spend time and money going down to Damriscotta lake.
I agree. Too many small fish, and / or too many bigger fish can be a problem. Only so much food to go around 

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #171 on: Jan 20, 2023, 05:01 AM »
Joe and I both talked about not naming it. After the fact, I realized I gave away a few details I shouldn’t have. Something as simple as a “small pond with no mapping available.”  No joke, I had 8 people tying at the same time on FB after posting that video. Thankfully, there’s still some good slabs in there!!
It might be good not to share OR take people, anyone, to places like that!!!I,for one, will need share stuff with folks again, with a couple exceptions. I know know a couple folks that make a point of fishing places they saw on youtube.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #172 on: Jan 20, 2023, 08:01 AM »
 With all these Drowns flying around and sensors , its time to get a team  out there so you can have some friendly fishermen show you how its done. ( anomally)  After were all gone sharing a favorite fishing hole  will be gone . Forever. Fishing should be like ballgames, all school events then we'll all be HAPPY!!!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #173 on: Jan 20, 2023, 08:01 AM »
 With all these Drowns flying around and sensors , its time to get a team  out there so you can have some friendly fishermen show you how its done. ( anomally)  After were all gone sharing a favorite fishing hole  will be gone . Forever. Fishing should be like ballgames, all school events then we'll all be HAPPY!!!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #174 on: Jan 20, 2023, 09:15 AM »

I've watched most, if not all of your videos.  Yeah, I recognize quite a few of the spots as it's next to impossible in some cases, though I don't blame you for that.  What is WAY more important to me is for anyone with a popular YouTube channel (or similar) to demonstrate/educate a responsible ethic for enjoying our fisheries resources and the outdoors in general.  Proper fish handling, sensible harvest practices, and general courtesy and respect for the resources are what it's all about.

I am surprised that people outright ask for your spots.  Pretty bold asking to be spoon-fed like that, but I guess some people don't care.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #175 on: Jan 20, 2023, 01:09 PM »
Those type of people only get out  a couple of times a year. ime for another batch of Donnies Donuts.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #176 on: Jan 20, 2023, 01:47 PM »
Those type of people only get out  a couple of times a year. ime for another batch of Donnies Donuts.
Keep eating those donuts and u won’t live past 100 😁

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #177 on: Jan 20, 2023, 02:46 PM »
Just on Bad fishing days, I eat Donnies donuts

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #178 on: Jan 20, 2023, 03:27 PM »
Just on Bad fishing days, I eat Donnies donuts
Sounds like you have a lot of bad fishing days lol

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #179 on: Jan 20, 2023, 04:55 PM »
I've watched most, if not all of your videos.  Yeah, I recognize quite a few of the spots as it's next to impossible in some cases, though I don't blame you for that.  What is WAY more important to me is for anyone with a popular YouTube channel (or similar) to demonstrate/educate a responsible ethic for enjoying our fisheries resources and the outdoors in general.  Proper fish handling, sensible harvest practices, and general courtesy and respect for the resources are what it's all about.

I am surprised that people outright ask for your spots.  Pretty bold asking to be spoon-fed like that, but I guess some people don't care

Oh man..I be happy if people only asked. Some basically demand the spot, and give me mega s**t when I don’t. People go nuts when I / we post a fast paced video. Then they make it their life mission to find the place. Some play the “I know that spot.” Then ask a basic question like what access i use. Hoping to get me to say a launch name, road name etc.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.