Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1616263 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #14220 on: Dec 16, 2018, 10:40 AM »
Good late Morning Everyone,
  Just stopping by to say hello before putting in the 2nd shift up in the pasture. Sat from 6-10:30 didn't see any deer. Its been freezing rain showers off and on since 8am, steady now.
  Watched a  black feral cat probably hunting mice again this am, maybe 50yds. away, believe its the same one I saw last year. Looked like he had about as much luck as I did, never saw him pounce on anything before he headed off,  ;D
   Win, lose, or draw...it's still worth every minute being out there. Thanks for all the support!   :thumbsup:

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #14221 on: Dec 16, 2018, 08:24 PM »
Good evening to all 945 ers...
Been a super crazy few days!
Eddie... it rained here most of the day.. I told my mother(who is my wrapper) that shed never hear me say this in dec..BUT I was never soo happy to see it rain in dec... slowed down the kill a little bit.. I only checked in 3 deer today so that wasnt bad at all.. super happy there is only 2 more days and I close the book on another season!!!! I'll be out there working for the next 2 weeks at least trying to get smoke meat finished up.. I'm hoping that the two cutters I have now will stay on next year and maybe between the 3 of us we can stay on top of the critters coming in a little better.. even after turning away at least 35 -40 deer this year.. it was by far my best season.. Friday I was able to get 10 cut by myself. Rocko got 2.. so we were able to gain some ground on the cooler friday..
Wrestling tourney yesterday for my little guy.. took 3rd the last 2 weekends.. I love watching him wrestle!!!
I was only able to get 1 cut yesterday but I did make 120#s of smoke meat
Eddie..those ferrel cats are great hunters.. if it cant catch food there isnt much around.. lol
H2l.. Hope the mrs. H2l is doing ok and and hopefully the Christmas blues go away for her soon!!
I'm falling asleep on the couch.. tomorrow is back to work on real job
Soooo glad deer seasons is almost over

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14222 on: Dec 17, 2018, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Icy conditions still lingering this am, 31* with a high of 36 today.

First and foremost, I'd like to Thank You all for all the good luck wishes and support this hunting season. Unlike John, I sure as heck wasn't seeing many deer this year, lol.  So Thank You all, it was/is much appreciated.   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:

John...Congratulations on a banner year at the shop and sharing your work ethics here, amazing!  Best wishes to your son on a great wrestling season, hopefully the next 2 days won't fill the freezer back up!   :thumbsup:

Yesterday afternoon's hunt was super slow. The freezing rain turned to steady light rain as soon as the temps. warmed up and things weren't looking very good. But honestly, that didn't seem to matter much. I was quite content sitting under an old pine tree in a folding chair with some sticks propped up for cover just watching the pasture my sister use to own. Spent a lot of time up there, just one of those places that brings you comfort.
  Started looking at my phone periodically to check the time as I knew the day was coming to an end soon. It was 3:40 when I last checked and put it away. Looking up the pasture, out of nowhere it seemed, a Doe comes high tailing across it, then another, and then a scrubby a buck in pursuit, missing his antlers on one side.
  They crossed and were headed up the hill where that posted land is I can't hunt, just my luck!  A couple minutes later, here they come again back down...almost the same way they went up.
  The first Doe came out and trotted across, then the second, but the buck kind of laid back and was just walking. I picked a spot he was heading towards and waited with the scope. He stopped short, and his front legs were behind a small tree. I put the scope on his neck and fired.
  When the smoke cleared, there he was  laying! He wasn't a wall hanger by any stretch of the imagination, lol, but he was perfect just the way he was. I was stoked and thanked God for letting me take this deer. I reloaded my gun and pulled out my phone to take a picture as I walked up on him..it was 3:49.
  Wish I had the writers talent like Marv, but hope this works..... ;D
  I make Christmas jerky every year for a few people, so this worked out unbelievably well. It was like 4th down and 99yds. to go.....SCORE!!   
   Thanks for all the help and luck....cawfee's on!!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14223 on: Dec 17, 2018, 04:40 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 30* here on my hill and I'm not sure what's it doing out, the weather cat is out on the prowl! ::)
                               Eddie..........CongratulationsI knew you would get it done, the size of the rack doesn't matter,
                   it's that you got some meat for the freezer. :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
you stuck it out to the end, like Yogi Barer said
                   "It ain't over til it's over." :flex:
                               John...........X2 what Eddie said, you did an amazing job processing all those deer. Do you also process farm animals the rest
                   of the year? ???
                               H2l.............I hope your wife can get through the Christmas blues and get home soon! :thumbsup:
                               Wally...........You're just like my wife when it come to making Christmas cookies, she listens to Christmas music too! :whistle:
                               Yesterday was "Football Sunday" unfortunately the Giants couldn't get it together and my wife's Patriots played very sloppy. :blink:
                               There is some ice on the ground outside, hopefully it will warm up enough to melt it away.
                               I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14224 on: Dec 17, 2018, 05:06 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Congratulations Eddie :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What a fantastic ending to your deer season, and Thanks for an excellent story :clap: You had said you were having a hard time finding the time to put in on your stand, what a way to persevere

I am off to the lake in a bit, I am a little reluctant this morning getting there real early. The last few days have been in the mid 30's and yesterday it reached 46,  there were reports of a couple of 4 wheelers going through. The ice is not by any means good so depending on what I find I will have to decide if I need to get the house off or try to keep going. I will check in later when I get home.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14225 on: Dec 17, 2018, 06:21 AM »
Good Morning ER's  WAY TO GO MASON

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14226 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Good morning gang,

Congrats Eddie! Way to stick it out until the end. I have a favorite spot in the pasture on our farm's hill also. It overlooks the entire village and river valley and it's just peaceful. I even proposed to my wife there.

IW, our Giants didn't look anything like the past 2 weeks. With the Vikings' win out playoff longshot is officially over

OG, hope the healing has begun

WS, be safe out there! Good luck sir

John, way to go on a banner year and passing on the work ethic to your son. Hope the wrestling goes well for him. Both of my girls play field hockey and they are currently doing indoor. My 5 year old little peanut is a brick wall of a defender and I love watching her stand her ground against 7 year olds twice her size and steal the ball away! The older one is really fast and is a great offensive player.

Hope everyone has a great day! Good luck and stay safe!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14227 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:02 AM »
Congrats on the deer Eddie. You sure earned it, hunting in the rain is never fun. As I have said, late season deer are the best. You get your money's worth. Can't wait to see a picture.

The blues didn't last very long. The nurse brought her a Starbucks when she came in. She just may be able to come home on Tuesday. Keeping my fingers crossed.

As a team we didn't bowl very well last night. I had a 182 the first game but everyone else was below their avg. We loss that game. Ended up winning the second game and loss the third game but we had fun. Got a bag of homemade candy from Becky who bowls with us. Next week she brings "cookies".

I have some things to do around the house, a shopping list from the wife and a trip to land fill today. Hope everyone has a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14228 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:04 AM »
couldn't believe I made the drawing, couldn't find the reply button LOL
Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14229 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:22 AM »
WTG Eddie, congrads

WW see you were a little late on the drawing of first 50, That's the first one I have ever made.  see WS got in too  ;D  Time for me to head to the salt mine.

Good Day all
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14230 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Morning all,

Just lost my post AND entered the give away drawing AFTER it was over  :%$#!:  not a good way to start a Monday  >:(

Eddie.....way to stick it out congrats  :flex: :clap:  another deposit made in the old memory bank  :thumbsup:

IW.....I used to roll my eyes and say it was corny when my Mom played Christmas music while baking  ::)  now I get it  ;)

H2L....sorry the bowling wasn't the greatest last night  :(  glad MrsH2L shook off the blues, coffee cures most everything  ;D

WS.....good idea not attempting the ice in the dark  ;)  good luck if you decide to give it a whirl  :flex:

John.....congrats to your son on his wrestling  :flex: 

Deere....nothing like seeing your kids do well at something they obviously enjoy  :thumbsup:

Did double batches of peppermint bark, oreo cookie bark, chocolate peppermint truffles and peanut butter balls yesterday

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

IFF.....guess I need another cup of coffee this morning  :wacko: :blink: :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14231 on: Dec 17, 2018, 03:32 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

WW another excellent job with the baking :clap: :clap: Everything looks fantastic.

Well the spear shack is back in my shed, and I am dry. I contemplated leaving it out but the lake was a mess. I have a couple of things to get done around home, and a Dentist appointment in the morning. With the forecast being a run of near 40 degree temps, it's was best to get it off.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon-evening :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14232 on: Dec 17, 2018, 04:25 PM »

Rocky's got Scout down for the count...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14233 on: Dec 17, 2018, 07:10 PM »
WS.....glad to hear you’re safe and sound on dry ground 😉

H2L....a couple fine looking pups 😀

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14234 on: Dec 18, 2018, 02:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Strong NW winds here this am, gusts in the upper 30's. 21* with a high of 26 here today.

Thank You All for the kind words, congrats, and support....what a great group of people!!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Marv...sorry to read about the shack having to come off the ice early, dang! Hopefully that warmer weather pattern won't stick around too long. Might be a great time to try out that new hub though!   :thumbsup:
   I don't think anyone knows this and I hope you don't mind me sharing. You sent me a message when I was bumming out about the deer season and having lost my drive with limited time only to get out. I can't put in words how much that meant, but it was the boost I needed...My Sincere Thanks! Wish I knew how to post a trophy with your name on it, hope these suffice.   :bow: :thumbsup:
  Wally...those Christmas treats look outstanding, wonderful job!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck to Mr.WW with today's hunting!   :thumbsup:
  H2...beautiful picture, bet they have a great time together!  Crossing fingers today is the day for your wife to come home....best wishes and safe travels!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  DFF...that pasture sounds like one beautiful spot, how could she say no there!! Congratulations on that one!!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...Marv mentioned you had the knack of knowing when it would happen...I'll be danged!!  :clap: :thumbsup:   The spikes I ordered should be here tomorrow...I ordered 1,000 to split up between me and the boys. $11 for the bait, $10.50 to ship, lol.

Today is the last day of deer hunting here in NY. It's pretty foul out this am and it doesn't appear like its going to get any better throughout the day. When I left that pasture Sunday evening, I left my folding chair under that old pine tree. Couldn't manage it with dragging out the deer and my other gear.
  I decided last night I'm going to take off at noon today and finish out the season right there...still have an open tag to fill if luck strikes twice. If not, I'll just enjoy the time and say good bye until next year.
  Concrete coming at 6, only one more pour left tomorrow and we should be wrapped up with this project!   :thumbsup:
  Thanks again everybody.......cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14235 on: Dec 18, 2018, 05:19 AM »

It's 14* and very windy up here on my hill, not a pleasent time to be out. ::)
                               Eddie........I don't know if I have the knack of knowing all I know it can happen on any given day when you least expect
                   it. I know you sounded kind of down and I just wanted to help encourage you to keep at it and you did, it paid off. Congrats again. :thumbsup: :bow: :clap:
                               Marv.........Good decision bringing the spear house off the ice, you don't want to have to chop it out, it's a rough job. Been there done that. ::)
                               Wally........Oh those baked goods look yummy, my wife made 10 dozen more yesterday, and the Christmas music was on Dierctv CH 858. :whistle:
                               H2l...........Nice looking dogs! :thumbsup:
                               DFF...........Your farm sounds like a nice place, how many acres is it? ???
                               It's Tuesday so we have little Carson today, I'll see what I can get him to help me with today.
                               I hope everyone has a great Tuesday either at work or out in the sporting world. And good luck to those that live in NY for the
                   last day.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14236 on: Dec 18, 2018, 05:47 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone. :bow:

Eddie good luck today Sir! I hope the afternoon brings better weather and a beautiful close to your season. It's funny you mentioned saying "good bye until next year" that's something I do every year. About 4 years ago on New Years Eve I sat in a tree stand on a beautiful crisp evening and watched a doe and her 3 kids nibble and browse below my tree. It was the perfect ending to an excellent season.

IW enjoy your day with little Carson. It has to be a special day for both of you :thumbsup:

Bud I entered the contest but as normal I was the slowest piglet to the spigot and missed by one ;D

WW what's on the agenda for today ???

I have to go to the Dentist today to have a chipped tooth fixed. Time to start sucking my LifeSavers not chew them :nono:

Hope you all have an excellent Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14237 on: Dec 18, 2018, 06:49 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....hope you get to fill that tag today  ;)  MrWW wrapped it up yesterday, between the lousy weather and not seeing any deer he'd had enough  :(

WS....good luck at the dentist today  :)   by the way they sell gummy life savers these days  :woot:

H2L.....safe travels if you're headed to the city  ;)

IW.....have fun with Carson, can't wait to hear today's project  ;D  my music is from Alexa  @)

Made a couple more batches of cookies yesterday

these will go to the FD tonight for their meeting   ;)2

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14238 on: Dec 18, 2018, 07:09 PM »
Good evening, since my last post was a couple days ago made some note hopefully do not miss replying to anyone. The tour was more of an open house decorated for the period being state owned only electric candles and fireplaces. Learned Ellison house/Knox headquarter was privately owned until some time in the 1930's .Last occupied by the Beech family house was featured in some newspaper or magazine and family had frequent visitors asking to tour the house also assume up keep got costly. Another house from the same  time period was also open for holiday about a mile away drove over to see it. This is the Emondston house not as nicely finished inside as Ellison house maintained by local historical society so real candles in wall sconces and fires in fire places also refreshments. Nice evening overall. Clear skies and windy here today had some rain which changed to sleet on Sunday night not accumulation.
Ice Wanderer mat the Cpap machine help you sleep better . Has your wife finished Christmas baking . Funny how things can change so much from one game to next with sport teams. What fun project did you find for little Carson and you to do today.
Whopper Stopper thanks for the info. on Winter bass. Sorry you had to pull the spearing shack. Hope all went well at the dentist be careful with any Christmas time hard candies.
Old Goat happy to hear surgery went well best to you with next procedure.
Icefisher-45 may the MRI show something that helps doctors come up with treatment plan.
IFF hope weather cooperates and you have ice in Jan. for you planed use of PTO time.
Hunts2long did you make the journey to NYC today sure your wife is more then ready to come home. Better luck to the bowling team next Sunday. Nice photo of Rocky and Scout.
Deerfishyfishy best to your daughters with the indoor field hockey . May your family keep the farm going for many years seems to be a special place for you.
Eddie thank you for explanation  on muzzle loaders . Congratulations on the buck. Sure you a glad outside concrete work is almost finished for the year.
Fishin John congratulations on your best year of deer processing . Your smoked meat must be popular products. May Rocko and Bob return next year. Best to your son with the wrestling  you may have a future state champion in the making.
wallyworld photos of you Christmas baking have become a looked forward to sight here at the 9:45 . My Mom enjoy listening to Christmas music also had to get her into habit of playing it while I was at work I can only take so many hours of hearing the same song by different artists or the Musac  tape loops at work repeat itself during my shifts.

Have a safe and good evening.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14239 on: Dec 18, 2018, 10:03 PM »
Looks like I'm not the only one blessed with winds, tomorrow looking at 50's temp and 45mph  :%$#!:  :cookoo:

Marv, I got so excited to see it was just starting, I must have looked like a kid just waking up xmas morning LOL

time to find a pillow.

Have a good day all

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14240 on: Dec 19, 2018, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!
   Clear and 17* with just a slight wind this am, high of 35 today.

Bud...hopefully it won't be much longer before the cold temps settle in. Any word on the new store opening yet?
  Steve...glad you had a good time at the open houses and catching up on some local history.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...another fine job on the cookies, I'm sure they were well received at the meeting!  :clap:  Sorry to read things didn't play out for Mr.WW....guess its time to take it out on the fish now!   ;D
  Marv...hope things went well at the dentist yesterday, those hard candy's can be rough! Any fishing plans today?
  Jeff...hope you and Carson had a great day together yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Have been meaning to ask you, do you know if the access to Harris Bay is shut down for this season, believe it was all posted up.
  H2...hoping we get to read your wife made it home yesterday...best wishes sent!   :thumbsup:

Made it to my stand slightly after 1pm yesterday, NW winds were still ripping and temps. in the low to mid 20's. We got a fresh blanket of snow Monday night and that was a plus. Right around 3:00, that black feral cat showed up again on the prowl and made his way across the pasture. Thought that might be a good sign again...it was encouraging anyway. Time slipped away, sunset came but the deer just didn't show themselves.
  Must say, I was anxious to pack it up and call it a season. I was dressed well, but that wind was head on and biting the last 3 hours of the season. Said my goodbyes and headed towards my truck...spooked one Doe on my way out!
Couldn't help but smile..that's how it ended this year! 
  Thanks again everyone for your help, best wishes and encouragement...deeply appreciated!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #14241 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:27 AM »

It's 10* and clear here on my hill, Happy Hump Day! ::)
                           Eddie........I bet the wind made you wish it was coming from your back. I find that deer don't generally move much during high
                  winds. ??? Kudos to you for sticking it out! :bow: :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: I'm not sure about Harris Bay but I'll check it out for you.
                           Bud..........It's your area that generally get the cold temps before the east, crazy weather. :cookoo:
                           Wally........I bet there wasn't a cookie left at the meeting last night! :flex:
                           Marv........I hope it was only a cleaning yesterday at the dentist. :whistle:
                           Steve.......A lot of local history down your way, I hope it was enjoyable. :clap:
                           It turned out yesterday that Carson's sister, Emma was in their kindergarten Christmas concert, so we attended that along with her
                  parents, and the other grandparents. It was cute what hey put on! :thumbsup:
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14242 on: Dec 19, 2018, 04:58 AM »
Good Morning ER's  32 and holding here. Someone went down recently here in WI and sadly did not survive. There was also another floating ice sheet break off with a pic on the WI page all were rescued. Stay safe all.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14243 on: Dec 19, 2018, 05:09 AM »
11* this morning. Had computer issues yesterday. SHE IS COMING HOME TODAY.  Getting ready to leave. Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers. Knowing you were all out there sure helped me....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14244 on: Dec 19, 2018, 05:11 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW!. Good morning everyone :bow:

34 heading to another 40 today. It sounds like this will be the last 40 for awhile.

Eddie sorry to hear you didn't get another chance but I know the bitter sweet feeling of calling it a season :thumbsup:

IW glad you had a good time at the Christmas concert, I bet it was fun watching Emma  :thumbsup:

WW another good looking batch of cookies :thumbsup: Did the meeting go long enough for all the cookies to disappear?

mr.clean glad you had a good time on the tour, sounded interesting :thumbsup:

Great news h2l! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yesterdays Dentist visit went well. I had a front tooth on the bottom that had a piece broken off. It took him 10  minutes to do some grinding and patching, I was out in no time. He told me to suck the hard candy, I think my wife talked to him ;D

I am going to head north tomorrow for a couple of days chasing walleyes. I am not exactly sure where I will end up and I have to say I am not real popular on the home front at the moment. I will try to check in but the signal gets a little thin among the tamaracks and jack pines. I was debating going after Christmas but there is a little snow system rolling in tomorrow and to me it looks perfect.

This morning I am going to head over to my spearing lake with my portable and gear to both try and get that Walleye and also to make sure everything is working right.

Hope you all have an excellent day and good rest of the week :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14245 on: Dec 19, 2018, 05:42 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....yay  :clap: :thumbsup:  so happy to hear MrsH2L is finally getting sprung  :woot:  safe travels  :)

WS....good luck on your walleye hunt sir  :flex:  enjoy your adventure and be safe  ;)2  :icefish:

IW....I'll bet the concert was fun, love watching the little ones perform  :clap:

Eddie.....had 5 deer wandering the backyard yesterday afternoon, MrWW did not see the humor in that  ::) ;D

OG.....sounds like people are jumping the gun a bit  :(  hopefully no one else goes in before the ice builds some more  :-\

MrC.....too much Christmas music does tend to dampen the spirit of the season  :roflmao:  that's why I only listen to it while baking  ;)

TT....hope all is well and you're busy with all the holiday prep work  :)

Made a few more cookies yesterday to go to the meeting last night

everything disappeared before the night was over  :thumbsup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14246 on: Dec 19, 2018, 07:32 PM »
Good evening another day with temperature reaching into mid forties more of the same forecast for tomorrow.
Hunts2long great news about your wife hope your trip to and from NYC was problem free.
Eddie yesterdays winds reminded me of ice fishing always seems to be a breeze when out on the lake.
Ice Wanderer sure Emma was happy to see her grandparents at the concert.
Whopper Stopper have a good trip may you find some hungry walleyes.
Wallyworld have you received a plaque from the fire department yet thanking you for all the baked goodies you have provided over the years.Always seems you see many deer out after hunting season ends for the year.
Tom Turkey ditto wallyworld's words.

Have a good night folks.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #14247 on: Dec 20, 2018, 02:00 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear calm 23* this am, high of 41 today. Beautiful bright full moon this am. Looks like some rain and warmer weather will be moving back in here tomorrow.

H2...Congratulations on your wife's return back home, that's such great news!! Welcome Home Mrs. H2L!!   :clap: :bow:  :thumbsup:
  Steve...with those strong NW winds on Tuesday, I thought the same thing. A heater and a shanty was missing, lol.
  Wally...poor Mr.WW, ouch on the deer in the backyard!!  :woot:  What a beautiful job on the cookies and treats this year...I'll 2nd Steve's reply!   :clap:
  Marv...hope the new hub served you well and the fishing was good yesterday! Best of luck on your trip and safe travels today Sir....hope you can get on a hot walleye bite!  :thumbsup: :icefish:
  OG...sad news about the fisherman, glad the others were all saved on that ice sheet. Hope you're feeling better Sir!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff...nothing quite like the kindergarten concerts to bring out the Spirit Of Christmas! I'm sure that was a great time had by all...Congratulations to Emma!   :clap: :bow:

My bait arrived on time yesterday, was happy to see that. It was shipped from Marvs neck of the woods...Alexandria, MN. Going to dunk a few of them this afternoon after work and take advantage of the nice weather before the rains roll in.
  We made our last pour yesterday at The Police Memorial project we've been working on. We've got some additional work they'd like to complete now, but it won't require the whole crew anyway....maybe we'll draw straws to see who the lucky people are.   ;D
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14248 on: Dec 20, 2018, 05:21 AM »
Good Morning. 20 degrees.
Weather was great for the trip. Left here about 6:45am and got home at 9:15pm. They told me when I got there we would be out by 1pm. It was 4:30. It was worth the wait.

This morning she is sitting in her chair with a cup of good coffee, Scout next to her, listening to Christmas music and sorting though about a ton of mail. Most of it junk.

WS, good luck with those walleyes.

Again, thanks for all the well wishes for the wife. A few new meds to get figured out.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14249 on: Dec 20, 2018, 08:37 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....bet Scout was a happy camper when MrsH2L walked in the door  :thumbsup:  so glad she made it home before Christmas  ;)

WS.....hope the eyes are putting on the feed bag today  :flex:

Eddie....good luck on the water today, hope the fish like the MN bait  ;)2

MrC....hope your area isn't hit too hard with the rain being forecast for the next couple of days  :-\

IF45....any word on your mri yet  ???

CapJ.....hope you and yours are doing ok  :)  also hope your area doesn't see any flooding in the next couple of days  :-\

IW.....gremlins pop in this morning for a visit  ???

A bright sunny day for now, rain moving in later this evening thru tomorrow with temps hitting 50* or better  :wacko:  a few errands on the agenda for today while the sun's shining  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.