The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Auger Adaptor  (Read 916 times)

Offline hwangler001(formerly icey)

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Auger Adaptor
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 02:43 PM »
Anybody use the Ice auger adaptors for your electric drill ? This sounds neat, how well does it work and where did you purchase it? Thanks

Icey

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Auger Adaptor
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:00 PM »
i have never used them but i see them on ebay all the time. with less than a foot of ice i bet its pretty slick. a good 18 or 24 volt dewalt might work nicely. too small of a hole for e though.. ;)

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2005, 03:36 PM »
Last year I bought a used electric drill adapter for $10 on a whim.  I used it with a  8" Strikemaster Lazer hand auger and an 18V Dewalt XRP.  It cut ice like a dream until the last revolution of the cut.  The blades would hang up on the underside of the ice and it couldn't finish the hole.  I realize now that the auger was bigger than the manufacturer's recommendation.  I might try it on a 6" auger if I ever pick one up.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline Gibby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I use a 12 volt Dewalt and 6 in. lazer, made my own adapter, peice of conduit, place a nut inside so I could braze in a piece of allen wrench. Works great.
 Don't forget to take a plastic bucket and cut a circle out to lid or bottom larger than the hole you will be cutting. Place that on the shaft so if the auger adapter comes loose from the drill chuck you won't loose the auger down the drink.

Gibby:)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.