The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 2HP Jiffy auger opinions?  (Read 1691 times)

Offline IceBob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
2HP Jiffy auger opinions?
« on: Apr 02, 2004, 07:33 AM »
Anyone have one of the Jiffy 2HP models?  How do you like it?  Is the reduced weight from the 3HP models a big difference?

Planning on buying an auger in the off-season and have been leaning towards these models.  I will be using in Eastern PA where max ice thickness is 18"-24".

What about the differences in the Jiffy 2HP's....yellow vs white vs stealth...

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Bob
Bob (West Easton, PA) 

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2HP Jiffy auger opinions?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14, 2004, 09:45 AM »
Hey Icebob,

I bought a 2hp stealth last year and love it.  I live in central PA and get about the same ice thickness as you do.  The stealth blades and head really cut smooth. You don't need any weight on the auger it will actually pull itself throught the ice.  You will not need the 3hp at all.  Save your back and get the 2hp-plenty of power.  Just remember to retighten the allen screw on the power head or use some threadlock.  The Jiffy's do have a higher RPM than the strikemaster and the auger moves alot faster.  This is the only downfall of the Jiffy, make sure you have water proof pants on because it really throws the ice on your legs.   Good luck
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

f1sh1nfool

Re: 2HP Jiffy auger opinions?
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2004, 01:35 AM »
i bought the 2 horse legend lightning with the deicer armor last year.  i runs great and cuts great.  i actually had a friend with a two horse stealth that had some problems with it icing up on the guide points in really really cold weather.  but both are great drills

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.