The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 2 Questions Gas/Ratio w/ Synthetic and Sharpening Chipper Blade  (Read 680 times)

Offline jignpig

• IceShanty Rookie
Gents,
Have a question for you guys... I just got my old man's Mag 2000 2HP auger.  It has maybe cut a few hundred holes the paint hardly has a scratch in it.  Just wanted to see what you guys would recommend for mixing gas and oil with a synthetic blend the manual calls for 40:1.  Saw the other post and was a little confused, but like the idea of less smoke and better performance.

Second, I'd like to know how to hone, or touch the chipper blade up.  Blade is a little oxidized but not bad at all.  Read where a lot of you out there will hit them with a file... Any suggestions or techniques are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Todd

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I use a diamond hone (like used for knives) to sharpen my Jiffy chipper blades. Remove the blade and follow the existing angle and go back and forth. It helps to put a little water on the stone to aid in removing the swarf.

For oil I use Amsoil Sabre Prof 100:1 mixed at around 70:1 but there are many good quality synthetic oils out there.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I ran my Mag 2000 on Amsoil Saber Pro at 80-1. As for blades a fine file or sharpening stone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.