Author Topic: Track sled part two  (Read 2062 times)

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Track sled part two
« Reply #1 on: Apr 16, 2021, 01:37 PM »
Nice.im going to build one as soon as i blow up the 1990 arctic cat 550 cougar.i got a few built briggs flatheads but will probably go with the 212 predator and same torque converter setup.what tooth gear you end up using on the original snowmobile drive shaft?

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 16, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Thanks buddy. Can’t wait to see your build!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MTOWPOY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=prospector177-20&linkId=096efe0140cd2fc89f855f0f6d01d9df&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

I think the sprocket was a 30 tooth. I have another one on the way that should give me more speed. I am going to try to figure out how to use both of them when in the field. I want torque  for pulling my sleds, but after that a little speed wouldn’t hurt. I put links in the description of my video for everything that I purchased.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Apr 16, 2021, 02:11 PM »
Ok.i know if you try adding to small a sprocket to get speed under real load it heats up the clutch and breaks the belt.found that out building minibikes and go karts with that torque converter system and geared to high.i plan on going with good torque and a top speed of 20 to 25mph.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2021, 03:24 PM »
That makes sense about the belt. I should probably lose some weight! I will try and get a speed test done when I get it on the mountain this week.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2021, 03:49 PM »
Good luck.im pondering if i just want to rip the arctic cat apart and build a tracksled now but the snowmobile still runs and only needs a carb intake boot.think i will wait until the engine craps out.sucks i had a snowmobile junkyard of about 20 sleds years ago before the tracksled idea came out.i parted out the sleds and scrapped most.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Apr 16, 2021, 07:14 PM »
Thank Joe, great vid update. The best part was you in the cart going around the yard. Looks like you are having fun like a kid in a candy shop.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Apr 16, 2021, 08:31 PM »
Good luck.im pondering if i just want to rip the arctic cat apart and build a tracksled now but the snowmobile still runs and only needs a carb intake boot.think i will wait until the engine craps out.sucks i had a snowmobile junkyard of about 20 sleds years ago before the tracksled idea came out.i parted out the sleds and scrapped most.
I can’t blame you a bit about holding onto a running machine. Bummer deal about the ones you got rid of.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Apr 16, 2021, 08:33 PM »
Thank Joe, great vid update. The best part was you in the cart going around the yard. Looks like you are having fun like a kid in a candy shop.
Thank you sir! To be honest, I was steering as hard as I could trying to get the stupid thing to turn. Still got some kinks to work out. Might even have to go on a diet before this is all over. 😂  thanks for coming along!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.