Author Topic: St-Jean-De-Matha  (Read 1721 times)

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
St-Jean-De-Matha
« on: Feb 09, 2014, 12:37 PM »
I'm thinking of taking a fishing trip up to Quebec in April and I'll be around St-Jean-De-Matha. This will be my first time to Canada! What's around in April? I've never fished that far north so I have no idea what to expect. I've read the fish and game laws but that doesn't give me much information about species present. Any other information would be helpful. Thank you!

Offline poupster2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: St-Jean-De-Matha
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Hey Redneck,
Glad your going to fish in Quebec, There are a lot of lakes that can be fished aroud there but I have not fished there before.  I fished quite a few time 30 miles from there on the St. Lawrence river in the islands Near Berthierville.  What you can find there are Pikes, Muskies, Sturgeons, Waleyes, Bass.  2 weeks ago Me and my son caulght a 20lbs sturgeon.  Is was just awesome.  Let me know if you need more info!

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:05 AM »
Thanks Poupster- Is there usually enough ice in mid April for ice fishing or should I bring the stream fishing outfit instead? I've never been that far north but it looks a heck of a lot colder than it is in New York.

Offline poupster2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2014, 02:23 PM »
I didn't realize that you were going in April!  Last year was a bad ice ficsing year and mid march to end of March was the last of ice fishing season 2013.  April is a gamble!!!  We never know!  I remember still going out in Mid april when I was a kid so Only time will tell!

I'm sorry I can't give you a more precise answer!  Next year come by in Feb or March and that would be a better bet!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.