Author Topic: ICE  (Read 545 times)

Offline lemoinegl

• IceShanty Rookie
ICE
« on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:10 AM »
wheres the ice at? I heard Baxter Lake in Rochester has 3-4? has anyone else heard anything for southern NH?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ICE
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:20 AM »
Welcome to the shanty.  ;)

Offline haightdaddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:21 AM »
Hmm idk about those conditions.. Everything in the nashua area is open water after yesterday. But welcome!
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline dickbaker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2014, 07:41 AM »
 ::) ::) :tipup: 2 to 3 inches of small pond ice was here long enough to get a few feather weight fishermen on the eater.  But, its all gone now!
North country temps will be below freezing in a day or so :'(   I'm hoping that there won't be enough ice to hold the snow that is forecast or at least storm winds that will blow the new ice clear.  There will be ice in the mountains next weekend but I don't have much hope that it will be enough to walk on?? ???
I'm still hoping for the first week of December ::)
Dick

Offline BigNiv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:14 AM »
Baxter isn't safe yet I'd say 1.5"-2" at best

Offline lemoinegl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2014, 09:40 AM »
why does baxter freeze so quickly? I don't understand why it does, ive only ice fished in once and was out by the point didn't do that good tho.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2014, 10:16 AM »
real shallow lake...baxter use to be my first body of water i went to during early season
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline lemoinegl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 25, 2014, 12:43 PM »
ive only gone the once, do you hit the lamprey at all jibs?

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2014, 02:18 PM »
Gary?...I use too..right across from the launch can be good for bass...
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.