IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Ice fishing baitcasting reel....

<< < (3/5) > >>

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: slipperybob on Sep 24, 2018, 04:54 AM ---13 fishing has been the most responsive to the ice fishing market.  I'm sure they will be the first company to try a real ice fishing bait casting reel.  Not counting that tear dropped of a reel.  That was one heavy clunker.

--- End quote ---

I bought/have a tear drop...while it was an interesting idea/setup it just collects dust in the corner......never really cared for it.

slipperybob:
There were other flawed attempt with small bait casting reel from Shakespeare and HT, which were a version of a Wally Marshall Mr. Crappie mini reel.  All built cheap, were clunky to operate, and spools were too small giving off the worst pig tail lines.  Drag was non-existent.  You got some drag or you got full stopping line breaking drag. 

Even if it was $10 it was a waste of time, money, and space...

hays47:
I rather like the 13 teardrop reel. They match up well with a couple of my rods. They did not stay in production very long. So obviously the vast majority agree with those that dislike it. Long time pencil grip  fan . This reel seems ideal to me for that purpose.

They aren't my favorite but somehow. They are always on board when going out.

bart:

--- Quote from: Agronomist_at_IA on Sep 24, 2018, 07:38 PM ---Lol....that is the same reel I have on my St. Croix bait caster ice Rod. I use it when big pike come around.

--- End quote ---

Mine sits on a Jason Mitchell 36" Mackinaw rod...

bart:

--- Quote from: Agronomist_at_IA on Sep 24, 2018, 07:40 PM ---I bought/have a tear drop...while it was an interesting idea/setup it just collects dust in the corner......never really cared for it.

--- End quote ---

I have a Black Betty 6061 on a Wicked ice 28M, only had it out a couple of times, don't care for it. It's just been collecting dust here too... may give it one more go this winter before I get rid of it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version