Author Topic: "Guide Gear"?  (Read 2497 times)

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
"Guide Gear"?
« on: Dec 23, 2006, 01:23 PM »
Some one was talking about a Guide Gear underwater camera, anyfeedback on one? I've never heard of one, so some details would be nice, thanks guys!! BTW I tried searching for one on the site, but didn't find anything!
15lb mono pike fisherman...WHATS UP!

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: "Guide Gear"?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 23, 2006, 03:50 PM »
I can not say which model but last year I was looking at Ganders for a cam. They told me that Aqua View makes a couple of Scout models for Gander. They looked like a 5 and 7 inch model. I did not pay too much attention but now I would like to get one. I would like one that would be good for open water and ice. I just started looking. I do know the Guide models were cheaper. Do not remember how much. They may be on the net. There is a thread on this site about building one. Sounds like a cost saver but alot of problems keeping the cam watertight. If it takes in water --goodnight! That would negate any savings real fast. Good luck

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2006, 02:01 AM »
Guide Gear products are made for Sportsmans Guide.  They have cameras with their name on them, but they are actually made by Atlantis Camera I believe.http://www.sportsmansguide.com
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2006, 01:13 PM »
I got one for christmas, and So the little bit I used it, I like it just as much, if not better than the aquaview!

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2006, 07:03 PM »
which one?  I have one that i bought about 3 or 4 years ago.  It still works fine. 

Also had this one, but sent it back because it wasn't working properly.  It has a 7" LCD color display.

But then again, I had an Aqua View ZT that collected moisture inside somehow and quit working after a day or 2.
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day.  But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2006, 07:44 PM »
Air man, Travis is right. Sportsman Guide does make Guide Gear. It all starts to run together after awhile. The cams I was talking about were at Gander and are made by Aqua View. They are the Scout models with Ganders name on them just like they sell Fish Trap shanties with Gander Mountain on them. You do save money on the cams. I will look next visit. Last I was there this year the ice stuff was just being put out.

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Gander sells "Guide Series" products.  I get them all mixed up myself from time to time.

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 26, 2006, 01:56 PM »
Yeah, I researched them and know about the sportsman guide thing, I was just wondering how they held up, becuase I got one for christmas, and so far it seems really good!

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2006, 03:42 PM »
which cam did you get?

Offline AirManCam

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • All hail to the King!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 27, 2006, 12:05 PM »
The one like the first picture you posted..

Offline Travis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Bait?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 27, 2006, 04:01 PM »
I still have one like that and it works fine, but make sure if your not in a shanty you make a sunshield out of something.  Those bright days are a b@t#h

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.