Author Topic: 'fess up on the VPG !  (Read 10355 times)

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
Re: 'fess up on the VPG !
« Reply #30 on: Dec 06, 2006, 12:53 AM »
i gonna guild one to mount my vex and vu on there i don't have a scout just a small screen so it shouldn't be that tough like that idear thou

Offline cheeseman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 06, 2008, 10:27 AM »
I've had my VPG for 2 seasons now.  Overall, I think it's great.
The only interference problems I seem to have is from Lowrance units nearby.  I often fish with buddies that use 2 or 3 Marcum flashers with no problem.
One good thing about Aqua-vu:
Last year when they mailed out a card about a free software upgrade, I called and told them mine seemed to steam up inside the display head when I brought it in from the cold.  She said "Oh, sounds like a case seal issue..We'll just replace it."
I had to pay shipping to them, about $8, but within a week, I had a brand new, upgraded display head.
I'd recommend this unit to anyone, and have.
I gotta relax

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 06, 2008, 11:06 AM »
I have the VPG also and I really love it. Seperation is incredible. I also sent mine in for the free software upgrade. Very quick turnaround. I would recommend it to anyone. When I got mine it was $229. Now it's $269.00. Great buy!!
jbird68

Offline TeikasDad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2008, 04:54 PM »
I got one last year and fished all winter with it.  I love it, easy to use, easy to read.  I use mine for setting out my tipups.  I don't have to use a lead sounder, just drop the transducer in the hole and watch my bait go to the depth I want.  Then pick it up and move to the next hole.  Makes setting up much quicker.  After that, kick back in the chair and jig.

For what it's worth..... I wanted to draw the battery all the way down on my Showdown so I could give it a good charge.  I charged it in the spring but it hasn't been charged since then.

I turned the unit on Sunday night (12/7) and put it in simulator mode.  In simulator the transducer doesn't put out a signal, but the display lights up and simulates fishing in 32 feet of water with lines representing fish showing up on the screen.

Well, like I said, I turned it on Sunday night and it's been running nonstop in simulator mode.  It's like the energizer bunny...it's still going after being on for 3 days straight.

I realize it is not using as much power as normal because the transducer isn't sending out a signal, but I still think that shows the battery life for anyone worried about how long it would last on the ice.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

[img width=200 height=80]http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp15/Trooper-Bri/CTlogofinal2.jpg?t=1228

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.