Author Topic: is this normal for the showdown troller?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline lucas247

• IceShanty Rookie
is this normal for the showdown troller?
« on: Feb 18, 2012, 06:10 PM »
Bought a showdown troller this week. Got to try it out this morning just wondering if some of this is normal? Was fishing with the a showdown 5.6 and troller this morning, alot of  clutter on the screen of the troller had to set the noise at 4 to cleared it up even when the 5.6 is turned off. Had the sensitivity set at 14 just to see my jig & still can't see it unless its moving even when using a 1/4oz.swedish pimple. When using my 5.6 never have the sensitivity past 7 in up to 50ft of water & it will pick up a knot in my line at 40ft. Are the lines finer on the 5.6 than the troller? Huge difference in line thickness from my  5.6 to the troller 3x what the 5.6 is. If i move my jig too fast (when i finally find it on the screen) it disappears then the depth jumps from 17ft to 42ft and back every time. The 5.6 is way faster than the troller alot of lag in the troller, line on the screen is going up when my jig is going down. I messed with the settings for over an hour seemed like it was working ok then back to the same crap finally put it away and used my 5.6 before i threw  the troll down the hole! 

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: is this normal for the showdown troller?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2012, 07:02 PM »
Used my troller for the last time last week. Too much clutter on mine as well. Was able to return it for full price and put the money toward a HB 597 ci hd di. :thumbsup: good luck!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2012, 10:07 PM »
I used mine last year all year as my primary unit and never had a issue with it.  this year i bought a x67c but that already died on me and im using my troller the rest of the season.  I am not having any clutter on my screen unless a unit is on next to mine.   I notice very little lag.  and i never run my sensivity over 13.  usually around 9 though. 

Offline lucas247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2012, 01:25 AM »
Thanks,  going to try using it again in the morning. Will hook it up to the 5.6 battery to see if that changes anything. Also noticed when the backlight is on it  flashes with the clicking of the transducer.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2012, 12:41 PM »
Sounds like your xducer was not low enought/
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline lucas247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2012, 01:40 PM »
I was on 16in of ice had the transducer below the ice but the top 5 to 7ft showed almost solid black on the screen so i had to lower the transducer about 3ft below the ice to clear up the top 7ft on the screen. It didn't make any difference lowering the sensitivity was still there unless i had the transducer about 3ft below the ice. But had to have the sensitivity set between 14 to 17 to even see my jig even a couple feet below the transducer then i ended up with too much clutter lines flashing all over the screen.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2012, 02:40 PM »
yeah i dont have that issue.   mine works flawlessly.  then only problem i ever have is once in awhile it will come up with a error on boot and will only turn on in simulator mode.  usually if i take the 6 AA batteries out of it and put the unit in my armpit of my shirt for five minutes it works well.  ive heard that with the power pack and a 12 volt battery it doesnt do that we will find out next weekend.

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2012, 05:21 PM »
I was on 16in of ice had the transducer below the ice but the top 5 to 7ft showed almost solid black on the screen so i had to lower the transducer about 3ft below the ice to clear up the top 7ft on the screen. It didn't make any difference lowering the sensitivity was still there unless i had the transducer about 3ft below the ice. But had to have the sensitivity set between 14 to 17 to even see my jig even a couple feet below the transducer then i ended up with too much clutter lines flashing all over the screen.
Call Marcum and talk to Chris. You will be helped.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.