Author Topic: got my marcum lx-5 yesterday  (Read 805 times)

Offline donho

• IceShanty Rookie
got my marcum lx-5 yesterday
« on: Jan 27, 2011, 10:22 AM »
And a large piece of the shuttle was broken off probably during shipping even though the box was not damaged sent an email to marcum customer service at 1am this morning got a friendly reply from chris @10am stating a new shuttle is on it's way now that's good old fashioned customer service a rarity in this day and age keep up the good work! donho ;D

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: got my marcum lx-5 yesterday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:47 PM »
Wonder if they'll send me a new battery... ;D  Less than 10 months and it's toast.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:33 PM »
Wonder if they'll send me a new battery... ;D  Less than 10 months and it's toast.

Had the same issue with a Vex battery dead with in 2 months. I was covered under warranty Im sure Marcum would warranty that as well.

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Donho, you order from reeds? Got my vx-1 pro from them about 2 weeks ago and same thing. Still waiting for my shuttle to arrive though. I have faith that it's on it's way though as I live on the east cost and they're in minnesota. Love my marcum

Slipperybob, as long as you warrantied it, I'm pretty sure they'll replace it. Give em a call.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2011, 08:57 PM »
I've got some 12AH battery on ordered.  I think I simply just overused the 7AH battery.  Considering that I will chase fish for nearly 16 hours straight.  Combine that with cold weather hole hopping and I think the batteries just couldn't handle it.  I've been seeing the pattern of how the battery is giving me less and less charge capacity as I use it throughout this season.  Last three trips I had 6 hours, then 5 hours, and finally barely 3 hours of charge capacity.  I took a voltage readout and I had 10.25V with unit on.   Battery is toast, even if it reads 13.2 volts hot off the charger.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Red

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Julie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2011, 02:26 PM »
got a friendly reply from chris @10am stating a new shuttle is on it's way now that's good old fashioned customer service a rarity in this day and age keep up the good work! donho ;D

I talked with Chris there too - Had a problem with my new underwater camera vs620 - he is sending me a new camera - was wicked nice.

I love my lx5 - got into the crappie the other day with it - had a great day!  Hope you like it once it's all fixed :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.