Author Topic: Garmin Striker 4/GT8HW Issues  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Smitty5313

• IceShanty Rookie
Garmin Striker 4/GT8HW Issues
« on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:13 AM »
Hi all, I am new to electronics and just purchased the last piece of the puzzle. I have the lithium shuttle with the garmin striker 4cv and the GT8HW, all new. I am having issues and I’m curious if the transducer/unit is bad or if it’s the operator. I have the correct transducer selected, and when I’m using the sonar, the sound from the transducer has fast chirps, then slows down, then to no sound. This repeats over and over. I filled a bucket with water and have the transducer sitting on top. The depth is not reading, the sonar speed and depth mark fluctuates along with the sound coming from the transducer. (Scrolls fast when the chirps are fast, and slows down when the chirp sound slows down). I also plugged in the GT20 that came with the striker4 and it does the same thing. I plan on calling Garmin customer service, thought I’d reach out and see what some of you thought, and could possibly give some suggestions. Hopefully my explaining the issue makes some sense. I’ll try posting a video of what I’m experiencing if I can. Thanks

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Garmin Striker 4/GT8HW Issues
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2020, 09:17 AM »
My ducer stops clicking  Speeds up and resets Its depth when not in the  water on my striker 5.it works great in a lake tho.

Offline Smitty5313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Ok thanks. I guess that’s what it does when not on the water. I figured it would work in a bucket of water tho

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2020, 02:18 PM »
Right but thereS no real depth or fish in a bucket lol.It will be fine in a lake.you can try holding the ducer over a hard floor about 5ft up and it will start working.depth will be wrong tho.i also noticed your battery is not charged up,and set your screen to manual 20ft and try floor trick.you will get a better screen than a 50ft setting.

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2020, 03:20 PM »
take it to a dock and try it out

Catchin' Fish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.