Author Topic: Lonely  (Read 8966 times)

Offline flagup!

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lonely
« on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:39 AM »
Its getting awfully lonely on this CT page... :whistle:...…. :unsure:...I miss my ice......
The only time I learn something is when I'm not talking.

Offline Billboy66

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lonely
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2020, 07:18 AM »
agreed.

Offline MJD3561

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2020, 08:50 AM »
Pathetic.
I'm heading up to Oneida (NY)...

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:02 AM »
I'd reply in agreement, but I don't want to get blasted by all the hard-Os: "I've been ice fishing in CT since mid-November. Stop complaining." We've all seen those posts this winter...
What I missed most this winter is rushing home from work to get in an hour or two locally on a week night.
Silver lining is I got to check out and fish different areas of the state, gas/mileage aside.

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2020, 10:15 AM »
I was out yesterday on 3 inches in eastern CT. The ice was only safe on the south eastern side of the pond and the pure black ice was honey combed, but I was out. The fishing was slow as I only had 2 flags in 2 hours but one was a nice Larry. I'm heading out to a different lake later today out east. There is not much of anything out there but ice is available. I don't expect to hit any of my favorite spot this year, so I'm making the best of it.

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2020, 11:37 AM »
Must be so quiet cause everybody is fishing!  We're going to try to Bantam for the first time this year on Saturday.  Hoping the ice will be good?  ???

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2020, 06:00 PM »
I was on a foot of ice in the Berkshires, yesterday.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2020, 04:47 AM »
I’ve fished almost every weekend in Ct this year. Many days the only group on the ice. Happened again on Sunday.  My son and his pal wanted to make pickled pickerel, that’s why they kept the toothy ones. Bullhead was about 4 pounds.

If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:59 AM »
I have as well, but we are looking for pike.  Limited options.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2020, 02:33 PM »
The one thing I have learned in the years of ice fishing Connecticut waters is: Spring the extra cash and do yourself a favor and buy that non resident Fishing License for those sure bet ice locations up North in the state of you choice. Makes my cussin at the local weatherman when ever he opens his mouth,  a thing of the past. 

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:58 PM »
I'd reply in agreement, but I don't want to get blasted by all the hard-Os: "I've been ice fishing in CT since mid-November. Stop complaining." We've all seen those posts this winter...
What I missed most this winter is rushing home from work to get in an hour or two locally on a week night.
Silver lining is I got to check out and fish different areas of the state, gas/mileage aside.

And every winter for the past 4 years, no matter how crappy it is. They don't understand the struggle of SE CT lol, we fished local every year growing up except maybe 1 or 2, post 2015 has been far warmer than I ever remember. Gotta be due for a cold one soon.

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:55 PM »
I could just be a bunch of nonsense, but supposedly they're noticing a change in the amount of sunspots and starting this year the average temperatures are supposed to be cooler for the next 10 years or so. We'll see  ::)
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Feb 14, 2020, 09:12 PM »
And every winter for the past 4 years, no matter how crappy it is. They don't understand the struggle of SE CT lol, we fished local every year growing up except maybe 1 or 2, post 2015 has been far warmer than I ever remember. Gotta be due for a cold one soon.

I feel your struggles Nate.  I drive and hour to work from Kent to Farmington and  the difference is extremely noticeable even though its not near SE CT.  No snow at work, still covered at home.  People on mt tom, open water down by work...

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:07 AM »
I have as well, but we are looking for pike.  Limited options.

Agreed.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2020, 07:17 AM »
I think we've gotten a total of about an inch of snow in the SE corner, none since the new year. No snow cover here.

I like Ravos theory. We'll have to wait and see if it has any teeth. I also like Pocos theory. Off to NH for a few days.

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2020, 08:19 AM »
Heading back north again this weekend worth every penny every time

Offline BR1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Hang in there buddy. I have a chance to get out tomorrow. Jammed up every other day and can’t wait to hit it.
Good luck everyone!

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2020, 10:06 AM »
I spent a decent amount of time on a very frozen Gardner Lake two winters ago. It was pretty cold that season, wasn’t it?

-Eric

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:43 AM »
I feel your struggles Nate.  I drive and hour to work from Kent to Farmington and  the difference is extremely noticeable even though its not near SE CT.  No snow at work, still covered at home.  People on mt tom, open water down by work...

Pretty crazy to drive and hour and go from open water to 6+ inches, I'm glad to at least have the hills though otherwise I'd have only fished 3 days in Maine this winter. I'd rather not buy 4 fishing licenses but next year I might suck it up and get mass and new york too.

Offline P.Dona

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><((((º> Bring on the ice!!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2020, 03:08 PM »
$62.00 For NH season., $32 for a 3 day  license. I go up about 5 times throughout the year, so it's well worth it.   

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Been going almost every weekend I got a trailer converted to a camper toy hauler I always get a season pass

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:21 PM »
was on a solid 7" today in Goshen, fishing was good, just saying.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:56 AM »
$62.00 For NH season., $32 for a 3 day  license. I go up about 5 times throughout the year, so it's well worth it.   

I do the same in Maine.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:57 AM »
was on a solid 7" today in Goshen, fishing was good, just saying.

so was I on Saturday, but 4 hours driving every weekend sucks, just sayin.

Offline ESOX FIX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:56 PM »
so was I on Saturday, but 4 hours driving every weekend sucks, just sayin.
lot closer than maine, no?

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2020, 03:01 PM »
2 hours 40 for me is not a big deal to be in another state great views good fishing and camping ATV and just feel safer with the winters we've been having tight lines

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:56 PM »
lot closer than maine, no?

Sure it is but you have a much different perspective fishing where you do in Goshen.  The good news is you do well there.  The bad news is eventually your rich neighbors will ruin it like other lake associations do.  Then what?  Perhaps you'll be taking those long rides with me and Ed?

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #27 on: Feb 19, 2020, 11:55 AM »
i havent even considered ice fishing in CT this year, not sure im gonna at this rate. Ive never NOT fished at least once in my home state, this may be the first year.

Ive just gone north to fish and even up there ice has been iffy.

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Fishermen

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 19, 2020, 07:26 PM »
Who's going to the new found Derby this weekend anyone

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Feb 19, 2020, 09:33 PM »
i havent even considered ice fishing in CT this year, not sure im gonna at this rate. Ive never NOT fished at least once in my home state, this may be the first year.

Ive just gone north to fish and even up there ice has been iffy.

You have had a hell of a season Ken.  Your laker slaying skills are exceptional.  Were you in the car when rotha totaled it?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.