Author Topic: Laconia Area  (Read 1453 times)

Offline noideer

• IceShanty Rookie
Laconia Area
« on: Feb 20, 2020, 03:28 PM »
I am heading up to Laconia for the weekend with the wife. Luckily for me the Ice Castles where booked solid so we have to do the next best thing, fish,fish,fish. We have no sled or 4 wheeler to get around on but dont mind walking. Not to picky about what we catch.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

"You have to fish all of the time to catch them some of the time".

Offline NEPats33

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Laconia Area
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2020, 07:45 AM »
im not sure how close you will be but Webster Lake in Franklin NH is usually pretty good fishing.  Theres a good amount of different species in there too.

Offline Global Warming in CT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Laconia Area
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Be sure to look up the regs. You can only use 2 lines per person on many lakes. Also lengths/limits differ on certain waters. One single point hook per line. Cusk lines are also allowed in places and can be left out unattended overnight.
NH is strict about regs. I had a DEP guy (or whatever they're called up there) ask me to pull up a line to check my tackle setup last year, as they allow only one single hook per line. He also measured all of my kept fish.
I had a good weekend on Squam last week, but I had my 3 kids with me so the 2-trap thing didn't matter as much. Without them I would've went somewhere that allows 6 lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.