Author Topic: Charging Lithium Batteries  (Read 886 times)

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
Charging Lithium Batteries
« on: Jun 28, 2020, 09:34 PM »
I found this young fella on youtube regarding lithium batteries, he's got a ton of information about them on his channel.  In the video linked, he talks about battery life and charging your lithium batteries.  Very interesting information. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf9N9zBgyB8

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Charging Lithium Batteries
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2020, 09:41 AM »
Great info! I bought a 9AH battery last year, and found that it has many advantages:
1. Being new, it's performance was what was specified. My older batteries seemed to be providing less current, and also less capacity
2. It has a lower "C factor", since it has a higher current capacity than smaller cells. Even though the smaller batteries worked OK when new, and when it was not too cold, they had less margin, Age, cold, and less than full charge caused them to stop spinning my auger reliably. Zero problems will the larger cell.
3. I could go out with less than a full charge. I drill all day, and go from 3 bars to 1 bar, worst case. I stopped charging at 3 bars (out of 4), and always had more than enough capacity. Per the graphs, I should have near full performance as long as I am fishing.

I am betting that many problems people have with drill driven augers are caused by small, old batteries. They have to work so hard to produce full torque on a drill driving an auger, that they are degraded quickly.

:tipup:

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2020, 11:55 AM »
How does a guy learn that much in so few years?????

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jun 29, 2020, 03:56 PM »
How does a guy learn that much in so few years?????

More importantly how have I forgotten so much stuff over all of these years????????

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2020, 09:18 AM »
More importantly how have I forgotten so much stuff over all of these years????????

Paid attention in school...  ;)
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.