Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607370 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18600 on: Feb 14, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Morning all,

My laptop keeps freezing up this morning, hope it’s nothing serious. Lost a couple posts so this will be short as I’m on my phone  :-\
Only ended up with about an inch of snow which melted pretty quickly with temps around 40*
Cold the next couple of days then another warm up  ::)
Happy Valentines Day!!!
Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18601 on: Feb 14, 2020, 07:48 AM »
Gave notice Tuesday is my last day,  Will start with The Sportsmans Warehouse that has taken over my Gander Mountain Location Wednesday.  Will be plenty busy outfitting the store in prepping it for its opening at the end of this Month.

Could see 50* today.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18602 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:18 AM »
IFF....congrats sir !!! Hope it works out well for you 😃

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18603 on: Feb 14, 2020, 11:17 AM »
Congrats bud hope that was your first choice. On frozen pipe duty again here but I found the cold spot demolition come spring. Bud the car had a critical electrical shut down my dash board looked more lit up than the Christmas tree. 450 bucks later a tow plus shop fees and up and running again. Hope your leg gets better. Got to make it another 12-16 hrs. before the weather breaks hopefully before a pipe bursts. Back to tend the heaters before work then crossing fingers.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18604 on: Feb 14, 2020, 12:57 PM »
Gave notice Tuesday is my last day,  Will start with The Sportsmans Warehouse that has taken over my Gander Mountain Location Wednesday.  Will be plenty busy outfitting the store in prepping it for its opening at the end of this Month.

Could see 50* today.

Congratulations Bud   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18605 on: Feb 14, 2020, 03:45 PM »
Good afternoon-evening everyone  :bow:

Day 7 sturgeon tally is in. The 2020 sturgeon spearing season kicked off at 7 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 8 and will run for 16 days or until DNR harvest caps are reached, whichever comes first. This season, 12,248 licenses were sold for Lake Winnebago and 473 for the Upriver Lakes.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18606 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:22 PM »
Dang those are some monsters!!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18607 on: Feb 14, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Just think of hooking one of those ice fishing!!  :woot: :flex: :roflmao: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18608 on: Feb 14, 2020, 08:19 PM »
There was a postal worker once who hooked into one open water season and the fight went into the second day and now the news people were covering it live on the water and it ended up getting away that day.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18609 on: Feb 15, 2020, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

Fingers rossed my laptop is feeling better today  :woot:  -5* with wind chill of -21* this morning  :thumbsup:  might just get on some ice this winter after all   :icefish:

Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day yesterday  ;)2  Enjoy your day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18610 on: Feb 15, 2020, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning  Everyone,
  -3* clear and calm , high of 25 today...making ice again!   :clap:

OG...that had to be a heartbreaker for that fisherman...jinxed by the media, Doh! Hope the pipes are holding up ok!  :thumbsup:
  Marv...I showed a few guys at work some of the pictures, basically the same replies as we’re all having here...slightly different adjectives I can’t repeat!   ;D  Thanks for sharing the pictures and updates, incredible!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you had safe travels to N.H.!   :thumbsup:
  Bud...CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes with the new job Sir!!   :clap: 
  Wally...I couldn’t get a connection last evening or early this am to the site on my computer either, seems ok so far. Fingers crossed here as well...   :thumbsup:
  Tom...sounds like you had good success with your meeting, congratulations on the $$ and the removal of the board member!    :clap: :thumbsup:
  H2...lots of money and prizes up for grabs today...best of luck to your nephew and friends with their tickets!   :thumbsup:
  Mocs...welcome to the 9:45!  :thumbsup:

Arrived at work yesterday to find out we were indeed pouring the last piece of concrete outside, lol. I won’t go too deep into details, but will say it was quite miserable with 25mph winds and falling temps throughout the day. It was -2* with the wind chill when the truck pulled up, lol.  Safe to say, this one will be coming back out at some point.   :nono:
  We had the grandchildren spend the night so no fishing this am, but maybe a short trip this afternoon....hopefully an all day trip with my boys tomorrow.
  Time to get pancakes started... ;D. Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18611 on: Feb 15, 2020, 06:14 AM »
-9 clear and calm.
Eddie, don't worry about the pour yesterday, some new tax will cover it. Having the granddaughter over, what a great excuse to stay home this morning....lol. The first Walleye Challenge that Lindsay fished with me was just like this morning. Pretty sure she would still do it, me, I am not so sure. I do remember that morning it was still -7 at 10am, but there was NO wind and not a cloud in the sky. I never caught a fish, she caught 5 or 6. We had a ball, there were 17 in our group, lots of food.
IFF, good luck with the new job.
Have a good day....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18612 on: Feb 15, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

What a beautiful day on this part of the map. The mercury is nearing 35, what a change.

h2l excellent picture, she looks right at home out there :thumbsup:

Eddie I can about imagine the sturgeon comments ;D I wouldn't  blame anyone for being grumpy having to do a sidewalk job like that, not only miserable conditions but  knowing it's coming back out :%$#!: A night with the grand kids sounds like just what grandpa needed  :thumbsup:

WW will be looking for your report, I hope you landed a few :thumbsup:

OG can't even imagine what would pop out of someones mouth losing a heartbreaker like that :%$#!:

I had a guy call me early this morning wondering if I could get a tree on the ground for him. The job didn't amount to more than a couple hours including coffee and coffee cake. When I got home I decided to hammer away on my pines some. I did 5 and had enough, so was contemplating starting a fire but the wind was gusting to over 25mph so I decided I will do it tomorrow.   

Hope you all are having a good day-afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18613 on: Feb 15, 2020, 02:57 PM »

My brother has a maple tree that has to be removed. This limb came down with heavy snow the other day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18614 on: Feb 15, 2020, 04:43 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 8 Tally

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18615 on: Feb 15, 2020, 11:06 PM »
Good evening cool day with a high of only 27 think we see temperatures back in the thirties or forties tomorrow.
Eddie thanks for the info. on Puxsutawney Phil's accuracy rate. Guess the bosses don't worry about how the tax payer's money gets spent sad the sidewalk will have to be removed and then the concrete poured once again to complete the job. Best to you and your boy's today at the lake.
Mocs-n- Docs welcome to the thread feel free to become a regular poster always room for another person here on the 9:45.
Whopper Stopper I have not watched Mr.Winkleman's TV program in quite some time due think he has two or more daughters so it may be one of his girls in the photo. How many pine trees due you have left to trim/remove on your property. Hope your SIL's carpet look like new after their cleaning. Thank you for keeping us updated on the sturgeon spearing in WI.
Ice Wanderer may the two of you and the furniture be safely in NH. may your son in law's house not have many stair cases on the path to bedroom/rooms.
Old Goat may you not have suffered any burst/frozen pipes from the cold weather. Glad the electrical problem with the car was not more expensive to repair.
Tomturkery great to hear your senior center is getting the funding restored :clap: :clap: . If the pot luck is a fund raiser may it be well attended.
IFF congratulations on the job change may it be for the best.
Wallyworld hopefully the laptop problems are a onetime incident. Best to the two of you if you get out fishing.
Hunts2long looking at the photo happy to see your brother's home suffered little damage from the fallen tree limb. Nice story and photo of Lindsay.

A good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18616 on: Feb 16, 2020, 05:30 AM »
Good Morning ER's is everyone on the deck already or sleeping in? Pipes ok here and bait still alive might slide out today for a bit. Maryland had a nice comeback at the end of the game against MI State. Enjoy the day all.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18617 on: Feb 16, 2020, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

OG.....good luck if you get to use up some of that bait later  ;)

WS....I am in awe every time I see the latest pics  :o   enjoy the fire, don't forget the dogs  ;D

Eddie.....hope you and your sons made it out this morning, good luck  :icefish:

MrC....still having a few issues with the laptop, but noting like the other day, hoping it's some how related to the super cold weather  :-\

CapJ/Drifter....hope you're both feeling better  ;)

H2L....sorry to see the limb on your brother's roof  :(  guess it could have been worse  :unsure:   good luck bowling tonight    :flex:

IFF....how's the leg doing  ???

IW.....safe travels on your return trip   ;)

No fishing yesterday, just getting our gear together, plan is to hit the ice tomorrow  :thumbsup:  :icefish:  :tipup: 

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18618 on: Feb 16, 2020, 06:16 AM »
17* with a dusting of snow.
OG, good luck on the ice if you get out today.
WW, hope you find the fish, they have been waiting for you. My brother was pretty lucky. One branch on the limb did come into the house. Knocked over a corner hutch and some of the ceiling. The branch came right along one of his windows but didn't break it. He won't know the full extent of the damage until he gets the rest of the limb off the roof. The insurance man is coming on Monday. He is just hoping for no rain or a big warm up. He has the hole covered with medal roofing.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18619 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:00 AM »
Marv Wisconsin has there ducks in a row if they have that many sturgeon. Our DNR is so screwed up there are know as Do Nothing Right. CWD has them running in circles trying to deal with it. I think they now are having a spring season on private property in certain townships. I only have a honey do list you also have SIL list as well! ;) At least yours is a good SIL. My wife's two sisters are a pain. Luckily they are both moving to Fla.

H2L It looks like it is going to take a crane to get the limb off of the roof so no more damage is done to the side of the house. When we had some nasty straight line winds a big tree tipped out of the ground laying on a house. When the guy was taking the part off the roof, the weight of the root ball made it stand back up almost throwing him off of the roof. I laugh when people cover roof damage with those cheap blue traps. The start to leak pretty soon after being in the sun.

Steve The pot luck is a fund raiser of sorts. If you donate food it is $2.00, if not $4.00. It was quite a feast Friday. Meat loaf, roast beef in gravy, baked potatoes, meat balls, deviled eggs salad plus plenty of deserts. They ate most of what was out for them. I think we brought in around $70.00.

WW When we went down to the senior center on Friday when it was almost zero the computer screen on the car was just a bunch of gibberish until the car warmed up. Hopefully you can catch some fish tomorrow for a fresh fish dinner. How are you coming on the new boat?

Eddie maybe your governor can do like our just did to replace the concrete. She ran on "Fix The Dammed Roads". She wanted a 45 cent gas tax increase that went no where. She sold bonds to fix state roads only, nothing for the counties to fix roads. She is bragging about no new taxes. Duh! The bonds still have to be paid back.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #18620 on: Feb 16, 2020, 08:53 AM »
Good Morning, All

No Wind at present, 29 Deg., supposed to be going to mid 40's, some cloud cover

For the Ladies doing Radiation, good to hear you are doing well, keep up the good work

For those with sugar problems, good numbers mean your doing things right, keep it up

What ever it is I have, the kidney/bladder problem, while at a even keel right now, is starting to look like it MAY require more intense medical attention than I previously
     had hoped for, some kind of surgery has not been ruled out, worst case scenario-remove 1 kidney, has not been discussed yet, but...

W.S. - Those are some big fish, here the sturgeon are protected-no catch at all, even the salt water gill netters are not allowed any catch

Mrs. W.W. - Just remember, you can never have enough toys for the boat

I.W. - Good Luck with the road trip - the generator was a smart move

Mason - Pour it, bust it out, pour it again, the life of politics - at least you get paid every time you & the guys work on it

Clean - How is the SUV running now?

For those who will be fishing today, good luck

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18621 on: Feb 16, 2020, 11:21 AM »
WW well this time the right one is the major battle zone,  Noticed the sore to touch area below the calf muscle is now turning red.  Follow up Dr. ordered another 21 to use over the next 7 days.  When putting on the compression tubes, have to roll fast over the sore area. :o ::) or its take a deep breath and hang on.

the roller coaster hot/cold weather has one lake with 5-7 inches in spots, one guy found himself stepping on what was not ice but frozen snow, and lucky he didn't go any further cause what ice there was, amounted to only 1 inch.  Spud bar time for sure. 

two days left at the Camping World store.  One said party time tuesday ?....Store manager near by, said....No, party Wednesday  :roflmao:
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18622 on: Feb 16, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Hey gang!!!
Sorry I haven't been around in a while but this flu/pneumonia thing has been kicking my butt.
I still feel crappy but at least I'm not dead, yet. ;)

I was planning on going shopping today until I checked out the weather.
Don't need to shop that bad!!!  ::)

Tuesday the temps start climbing. :)
Wednesday is going to be a balmy +21F and it will be above zero all next weekend.

WS those dinos are awesome!!!! There must be quite a few in the waters there.

Jim hope they figure out your issue and get it fixed up for you.

H2L I hope your brother has a wood stove. ;)

OG what's the deal with construction in your area? It's not like it's Georgia where a severe cold snap is unusual.
There should be no reason for freezing pipes there. In the 14 years I have lived in the Arctic I have had 2 minor issues. A frozen pipe in my back bathroom and my drain pipe froze up where it enters the sewage tank under my place. Both easy fixes and it hasn't happened in many years. The issue for me happened when it was colder than -40 with strong North winds.

IFF hope you leg heals up quick.

Ladies, kick cancers @$$!!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18623 on: Feb 16, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Good morning-afternoon everyone :bow:

Somewhat cooler here today, I believe they are calling for 24 by afternoon.

This morning the s-i-l showed up around 7:30 with her burning pants on so we went out and took care of my mess from yesterday. There was just enough breeze to make the fire eat, and we had it about done in a little over an hour.

WW hope you can find all of your lucky rods and baits :thumbsup:

mr.clean I still have 14 pines to go through. I am guessing they will take me awhile because I will be doing them in-between a couple side jobs.

Eddie best of luck if today finds you on some ice :icefish:

TT fully agree on WI sturgeon harvesting, they have the resource fully dialed in. I laughed at the honey do comment. Speaking of that I have 5 oaks waiting for me at the s-i-l's house, luckily she isn't in a big hurry. It seems no matter what I get into she is up for helping.

Dave hope you get on top of that crap pretty soon, sorry to read the grip still has you down :%$#!:

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon-evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18624 on: Feb 16, 2020, 03:29 PM »

Good afternoon ER's,
                                  I'm Baaaaack. What a trip. ::)
                                  Eddie...…...I take it that you got out early this morning and I hope he's having a good day on the ice! :thumbsup:
                                  Marv...…...Smart move putting the burning off till this morning. did you have a toddy. :roflmao:
                                  Drifter......I hope you can shake the cold/flue thing. :flex:
                                  Steve...…..Luckily for me my wife's son had a friend help come and help get the furniture up to his apartment.
                      the stairs are narrow and steep. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                                  Wally...…..It's about time you got out on the ice. lol :roflmao: you'll feel right at home once you get out. :clap:
                                  Tomorrow Jon and I will be hitting the deep water looking for some Lakers, so I probably won't post in the morning.
                      IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18625 on: Feb 16, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Good afternoon-evening everyone :bow:

Welcome back IW! :clap:

Day 9 sturgeon Tally is in

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18626 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....what a cutie  :woot:  :thumbsup:

Heading out shortly  :icefish: :clap: :thumbsup:  fingers crossed for some good ice and some hungry fish   ;)2  :tipup:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18627 on: Feb 17, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

23 currently, snow moving in this afternoon.

WW best of luck on the ice today :icefish: :thumbsup:

Eddie the suspense is in the air, hope you and your boys made it out yesterday and found a few :thumbsup:

IW best of luck to you and Jon today :icefish:

45 hope you are doing better Sir!

Not a lot going on here today. Sometime after 10am I need to go back to the s-i-l's and help put everything back after the carpet guys are gone. Then it will just depend what the weather is doing.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18628 on: Feb 17, 2020, 06:22 AM »
20* and clear.
Eddie, hope the fish are biting. The lake is dropping about a foot every 3 days. Someone is taking note of all this snow we have been getting.
WW, good luck today. Looks like a front moving in so that may help with the bite.
IW, glad you had some help for the move and hope you had a good day on the ice.
WS, more great pictures. They are still getting some big ones.
We hung on to 1st place. We lost the 1st and 2nd game by a total of 25 pins, had to win the 3rd by 26 and won by 36 to split 2 and 2. I think there are only 4 weeks left.

Have a good day and all you that are fishing, be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18629 on: Feb 17, 2020, 04:40 PM »
Good afternoon/early evening back to warmer temperatures here after Friday and Saturday. Today's high was near fifty. Busy morning for me both my sister and I have today for President's day so I met her at the cemetery in Paramus ,NJ .  we put new flowers by my parents and other relatives graves. Talked about the changes there since 1967 when our maternal grandfather was first relative to be buried. After leaving cemetery we had lunch at a restaurant in Mahwah,NJ. and then parted ways heading for our respective homes.
Eddie if you and your sons got out fishing today  may all of you be leaving the lake with some fish for future meals.
Old Goat good to read no plumbing problems from the cold temperatures. If you got out fishing hope it was a good trip.
Hunts2long may your brother get a fast settlement with his insurance company so repairs on the house can get started and completed before any more snow storms visit your area of NY.
Tom Turkey thank you for info. on senior center pot luck dinner's they are more of a social gathering then major fund raiser. Funny how politicians forget some of us paid attention in school and learned some way or the other we will have to pay for most things in life.
Capt.JIM with medications and other treatment may you get to keep both of your kidneys.
IFF may the compression bands,medication and any other treatment help you get rid of the leg infection. Have a good last day at Gander Outdoors tomorrow.
Drifter_016 sorry to hear your still battling the flu and may also have pneumonia . smart idea to hold off on the shopping until temperatures rise pneumonia makes breathing hard and those frigid temperatures will not help make it easier. May you be back to good health before to long.
Whopper Stopper nice to have an assistant to help with your tree work at home. All the best with the remaining pine tress and oaks at your SIL's. Thanks again for the sturgeon spearing reports and photos.
Wallyworld if you and Mr.WW got out on the ice today hope you are bringing home some fish. The colder weather may affect the computer's performance.
Ice Wanderer Glad your son-in-law got a friend to help with the furniture moving steep narrow stair cases can be a major pain when moving larger and heavy furniture.  May Jon and you have had a good day of fishing.

A pleasant evening and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.