Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608617 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18660 on: Feb 21, 2020, 03:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                             It's 0.4* here on my hill. I'm headed out in a little while. ::)
                             Eddie...……….I thought that the snow cover wasn't too bad on Lake George, I was going to suggest that you come up and we'd
                 meet at the place I sent you to last year. Have a good trip to Champlain. :thumbsup:
                             OS...…………..I feel for your wife having to wait to start her radiation treatments. :( My wife had her last treatment Tuesday. :clap:
                             Wally...……….I can't wait to see some pictures of the boat show and what was bought. :flex:
                             Marv...……….Those fish are something else, thanks for the pictures. :bow: :thumbsup:
                             Dave...……...That sure must be a terrible cold/flue you have, I hope you can shake it soon. :flex:
                             As I said in the opening I'm headed out to LG to see if any fish are biting, I'm sure Ill be in my shanty today.
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the hardwater.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18661 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:12 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

17 heading to 38 later today. The wind machine will be alive and well by this afternoon.

Eddie I am glad you enjoy the pictures, I find the entire program amazing. Here is some good reading viewing -reading. https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/WIDNR/2020/02/20/file_attachments/1383724/2020%20Perseverance%20Awards.pdf

IW Good luck on the ice :icefish: Hope you and Eddie can finally me up :thumbsup:

WW hope you had, are having a great time at the show :thumbsup:

I am loaded up and hitting the road in a little while. I have a tree to knock about 90 miles from here. I have only seen pictures of it so hard to tell what I am getting into. I worked for the son of the guy I am working for today. I originally told them no as it was too far but they wouldn't take no for an answer, so here we go ???

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18662 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:23 AM »
Morning all,

The boat show was ok, 2 buildings full of boats, many in the $75,000 and up range which was expected  :o  there was a party barge with a full bar set up on the back deck  :woot:  my favorite was the one that had 2 bedrooms, full kitchen and full bathroom  :thumbsup:  what wasn't expected was there were no accessories anywhere to be seen  :blink:  so no new goodies for us  :-\

Heading to the lake in a bit, it's -1* out right now so no big rush to get out the door  :pinch:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18663 on: Feb 21, 2020, 06:00 AM »
-5 and clear.
IW, hope you have some luck today. I know I would be in the shanty this morning.
WS, a very good read. Some have put in a lot of years. I bet some have been going to the same spot year after year.
Drifter, hope that "bug" leaves soon.
WW, dress warm today. No one seems to carry much of the little things we need for a boat and I am the type that likes to touch and feel before I buy.
Eddie, I have been on this lake too long to believe a lot of that stuff some post. It is a good fishing lake, it just takes time to figure it out.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18664 on: Feb 21, 2020, 06:14 AM »
Morning again,

Just an update on earlier post, guess we aren't fishing as MrWW has been at a house fire since about 3 this morning  :(  I heard his pager go off but went right back to sleep and didn't realize he wasn't back home yet until I checked the local news  :blink:  he just called to let me know he won't be home for awhile yet, guessing it might be nap time when he does get back  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18665 on: Feb 21, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

Day 14 sturgeon tally is in

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18666 on: Feb 21, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Days have been tough. My wife is doing well with her diabetes. I had my lumbar puncture with no relief to my headaches.

Whopper Stopper, Those are beautiful sturgeons.

WallyWorld, Hope and prayers that Mr WallyWorld got home safely.

Hunts2long, Hope you got out today and got some fish.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you had a good day on the ice.

MasonEddie, Hope you had a good day.

I hope everyone has a good Evening. God Bless

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18667 on: Feb 22, 2020, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 16* this am, high of 39 today with lots of sunshine.

I-45...glad to read your wife is doing well but very sorry to read the lumbar procedure didn’t work out well for you, dang! Has the Dr. suggested anything else to you? My best wishes sent your way Sir.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you and Jon landed on some aggressive Lakers yesterday, will be looking forward to your report! :thumbsup:  Still up in the air about a trip with the boys tomorrow...trying to get one more in before they both go back to work this coming week...will keep you posted.
   Marv...hope you had safe travels and a problem free day with the tree job! When they won’t take “ no “ for an answer, that speaks volumes about your work.. :bow:  Thanks for the sturgeon update and the link, awesome!  :clap:
  Wally...sounds like the boat show was a good time, but that’s to bad they didn’t have any of the accessories you were wanting to look at. Hope Mr.WW and the crew had a safe day fighting that fire...thank him for his service!   :thumbsup:
  H2...probably going to be a busy weekend up on the reservoir with the milder weather....maybe a few more fish stories coming up soon?   ;D
  Dave... hope that bug has loosened its grip and a trip to the cabin is on the agenda this weekend, best wishes!   :thumbsup:

Here’s a few pictures from the terrazzo work I’ve been talking about for a few years, lol...unfortunately, I didn’t get any shots of the dry pack (base) or the strips being put in, maybe Monday.  Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

.   4am hammering

.   Base coat and strips in....new terrazzo going in.

.    After screeding new terrazzo, we broadcast the top with selected stones and roll them in...later to be exposed when ground down.

.    Grinding.   We use several different types of diamond wheels throughout the grinding process from aggressive to buffing to get a mirror smooth finish.

.    Here you can see the brass strips starting to be exposed.

.   Here’s a finish shot from yesterday...Monday it will get buffed out and open to the public.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18668 on: Feb 22, 2020, 04:37 AM »

It's 17* here on my hill. ::)
                                  Eddie...…...That is an interesting process doing Terrazzo. :flex: Thanks for the pictures. :clap: Good luck if you are going to
                       Champlain tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                                  I-45...……..Gee, I hope the Dr.'s can figure out something for you. :unsure:
                                  Wally...…...I'm disappointed in the boat show, I was sure they would have some really good accessories for you 2 to spend
                       $$$ on. :cookoo:
                                  Marv...…….I hope the tree job went well. :flex:
                                  H2L...……...Did the last snow impact the ice conditions over there? ???
                                  It was a slow day fishing, I brought home one Salmon the only fish for us yesterday. We think because of the holiday week
                       and the winter carnival going on, there were a lot of snowmobiles running too close to our tip ups. :cookoo: :%$#!:

Last night right before dinner Magic Mike called me and asked me to take him to the emergency room, he has been having
                       some heart issues. By the time they got him checked out and decided to keep him over night it was midnight, then the weather cat
                       woke me wanting to go out at 4:15. so today will be a resting day.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18669 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:13 AM »
15* and a few clouds this morning.
Ice-45, I was hoping for better news for you. Glad the wife is doing well.
Eddie, hammering is a good way to get your day started. The section you are working on, does that get completed in 1 day?
IW, good that you were there for MM. At least no skunk yesterday. There was a pretty good breeze over here on Friday. Hard to tell how the lake is, I know it looks like snow with the top frozen, almost looks like you could skate on it. Didn't see many out there yesterday.
WW, hope Mr.WW got some rest.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18670 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:17 AM »

14 heading into the 40's today. The sunshine with less wind will feel nice.

Eddie hope you can get a trip in :thumbsup: Excellent pictures, Wow! :thumbsup:

IW best wished to "Magic Mike". Hope they are able to figure out the problem. Beautiful Salmon :thumbsup:

WW sorry to read the boat show didn't have a lot of accessories. It sounds like they missed the boat  ??? (couldn't help it)

h2l I missed a question the other day. Yes I do have heat in my garage, I have a Modine natural gas heater. It makes working out there very enjoyable.

Yesterday was a long one especially with 4 hours on the road. The tree was bigger than expected but that usually happens when basing off a picture.There were two limbs over the house that caused a problem. I was so wishing the s-i-l was there to rope. It's very hard to explain roping to someone that has no idea what he's doing. In the end the tree was down, nothing got touched, the guy was extremely happy. This morning I feel stiff as a board so it must have been a good day.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup:  Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18671 on: Feb 22, 2020, 06:39 AM »
Morning all,

IF45....sorry to hear the procedure didn't get you any relief  :(   prayers sent that someone comes up with a solution for you sooner rather than later

IW.....good job getting Mike to the ER  :thumbsup:  hope all turns out well for him  ;)  sorry the fishing was so slow  :pinch:

OS.....hope MrsOS is dealing with the delay in treatments ok, the waiting must be a bit nerve wracking  :-\

Eddie....that procedure is pretty interesting, always wondered how those gold/silver lines were put on that type of floor   :unsure:  now I know, thanks for sharing  ;)  good luck if you get out tomorrow  :icefish:

WS...."missed the boat" ha ha  :roflmao: good one  :thumbsup:   glad to hear you got the tree taken care of w/o damage to anything  :flex: :bow:  hope the stiffness eases as the day progresses  ;)  did your s-i-l adopt a new kitty yet  ???

TT....hope Mrs TT is doing ok  :)

IFF.....how's the new job going, any idea what department you'll be in  ???

H2L....bet the lake will be busy this weekend with the warmer temps and sunshine  :tipup:

Sadly yesterday's fire turned out to be a fatal, 3 people made it out, 1 did not  :'(  strangely enough exactly 1 week ago 2 people lost their lives in a car crash just down the street from the house fire  :'(  been a tough week on the first responders around here  :(

Not much planned for today, just some chores around the house  ::) 

Have a good day whatever you're up to. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18672 on: Feb 22, 2020, 04:03 PM »
Day 15 sturgeon tally

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18673 on: Feb 22, 2020, 10:49 PM »
Good evening I've been busy the past few days figured better post before all of you get concerned about me. Took advantage of the nice weather today and enjoyed another of my passions traveled to Bard College in northern Dutchess county to watch a men's lacrosse game after ending the first half of the game game five goals Bard staged a come back and scored a goal just before time expired to send the game into overtime. They made it through the first over time period before the opposing team scored a little over a minute into second over time period to win the game. One my way back home took a side trip through part of the north western Catskill Mountain region surprised to find a few inches of snow in parts of Delaware county and some other areas. Good long distance test ride for the GMC no problems but will need a washing this week.
Ice Wanderer congratulations on the salmon. I hope Magic Mike is doing better and home from the hospital.
Wallyworld good to see the photos from your fishing trip. To bad the boat show had no accessory items on display or for sale. sad to hear about the fire and car crash fatalities.
Mocs-n- Docs always a treat to see eagles up close.
Whopper Stopper thank you for all the photos and sturgeon spearing reports. Good to hear the tree job was completed without any problems. Did you get the picnic table.
Eddie thank you for the photos . Best to you and your sons where ever you fish tomorrow.
Hunts2long good to read your brother's check is on the way and damaged tree was removed from his property.
Tom Turkey may your wife have some answer after the recent hospital visit.
drifter-016 sorry to hear the flu still has you down.
OldSailor all the best when your wife finally starts her radiation treatments.
Icefisher-45 wish the lumbar puncture gave you some relief from the headaches.

Have a good and safe night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18674 on: Feb 23, 2020, 02:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear skies 28* this am, high of 48 forecasted here today.

Steve...thought you may have had internet issues, glad all is well and you got to take a game in...sounds like it was a very good one! Better luck to the Bard team next game.  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks for the sturgeon update, some incredible fish taken this season! Will be looking forward to the finale today!  :bow:  Glad the tree job went fairly well, hope your bones are feeling better today!   ;D  :thumbsup:
  Wally...sorry to read about the fatalities, that’s something that must always be difficult for the first responders to deal with. Again, a big Thank You to Mr.WW and all the first responders for their service.   :thumbsup:  :bow:
  H2...we control the areas we knock out at roughly 300sq.’. The dry pack base and strips are normally completed the same day, terrazzo poured the following day and left to tighten up 24hrs. Grinding takes about 2 full days to complete, and by that time another section is ready for them to start....pretty good system.    :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope Magic Mike is doing ok, that was damn nice of you to help him out and stay with him!  :bow: :clap:
  A time looking salmon, congratulations!  :thumbsup:  Imagine the village will be super busy today with the warm temps expected....

Heading to Lake Champlain with the boys soon...fingers crossed for a good catching day! Thank you all for the best luck wishes....Solunar tables look good for today.
  Time to load the truck....Cawfee’s on!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18675 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:33 AM »
Morning all,

MrC.....good to hear you're not be visited by gremlins  :thumbsup: tried getting my car washed yesterday, looked like a LONG wait at the 2 places I checked   ::)  decided to wait till another day  ;)

Eddie.....hope you a the boys find some takers today  :flex: :icefish:  safe travels sir  :)

WS....thanks again for the updates, must be some exhausted fishermen/women by today's finale  :blink:

IW.....good luck if you're fighting the crowds on the ice today   :bow:   ;)2

H2L.....good luck on the alleys tonight   :flex:

Drifter/CapJ/IF45......hoping you're all hanging in there  :)

Packing the truck today, heading to Lake Ontario for a few days on the ice  :icefish: :clap: :thumbsup: :tipup:  fingers crossed for some perch action and maybe a walleye or two  :whistle:

Have a good day whatever's on tap. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18676 on: Feb 23, 2020, 05:43 AM »

It's 29* and clear here on my hill. Another sunny day with above freezing temps is in the forecast! ::)
                               Eddie...……...I wish you luck on Champlain, where about do you go there? ???
                               Steve...……..I'm glad that you were able to got to a lacrosse game, was it played indoors? ???
                               Marv...……...When the bones hurt, you know you've done a good days work. I hope you're rested up now so you can get back in
                     Shamu. :unsure: :thumbsup:
                              H2L...………...Good luck with the bowling tonight' :thumbsup:
                              Wally...……….People like Mr. WW need more acknowledgment for what they do. It's a shame that someone lost their life. :( I lost
                     my father and stepmother in a house fire, so when I hear of the same scenario, it brings back watching my parents house go up in flames. :(
                              Yesterday my #2 son and family fished Lake George, the kids had fun, they caught some Lakers. My son said that the winter carnival
                     traffic was busy, someone ran over one of his tip ups with a snowmobile. :cookoo: :%$#!: That's one reason OI don't fish weekends, the
                     weekend crazies are out. :blink:
                              I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18677 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:04 AM »
IW.....I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father and stepmother  :'( :'( :'(     may they rest in peace

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18678 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:21 AM »
22* and clear and heading for low 40's.
Mr. Clean, good to see your report. Sounds like a good game that you saw. I had to look up Bard College.
Eddie, looks like a good day to be out on the ice. I figured you had a system on doing a section at a time.
WW, I bet everyone was out getting their cars washed this weekend. Monday won't be as bad. The nearest car wash (that works) is about 30 miles, I am hoping the rain this week washes it off, until I can get to Amsterdam. Good luck fishing the Big O. Be Safe.
Not a lot planned for today. I know the wife is roasting a chicken.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18679 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day. Going to see the headache Dr tomorrow. My wife says if he can’t do anymore more for me then we’re going to a Boston Hospital. Unfortunately if his diagnosis is accurate and I have a closed head injury may be hard to get rid of the headaches.

Hunts2long, Roasted chicken sounds good. My wife discovered chicken in a bag. No need for a pan.

WallyWorld, Thank Mr WallyWorld for his service. Unfortunately fire, police,ems don’t get the thanks they deserve. Safe travels to Lake Ontario.,

Ice Wanderer, I’m sorry to learn about the loss of your Father and Stepmother. That is to bad son #2’s tip up got run over by a snowmobile. That was nice of you to help Magic Mike. How is he doing?

MasonEddie, Good luck today on Lake Champlain.

Mr Clean, Sounds like it was a good Lacrosse game.

Tom Turkey, Prayers your wife is feeling better.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for the pictures and the Sturgeon report. Hope you get out on the ice today.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the ice.

Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18680 on: Feb 23, 2020, 08:27 AM »
Well day 5 at the new Sportsman's store.  Starting to take shape even though the way they ship products in is just tossed in a box, with what ever, so has to be sorted. Little short on staff, which means if the deadline of having the store in opening shape by Friday means overtime for everyone.

More roller coaster weather, snowing as I type, and it hit 56 yesterday.

time to hit the ditch, great day to all
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18681 on: Feb 23, 2020, 09:28 AM »
318 to start the day. Guessed to get to the high 40's later. Most of the packed snow has melted off of the driveway. Today might get rid of the rest. I need to do some work around the mail box when the  ice and snow softens up.

The wife has figured out what has caused her pain. I has some thing to do with her arthritis causing inflammation of the muscles from her rib cage on down on ne side High doses of Ibuprofen and heat is helping. I am wondering why they did not do an EKG when she was in the ER. Medicare will not pay for one if you are in for a physical but will pay if your are in for a heart issue.????

If-45 It sounds like you need to get a second opinion of what is causing your head aches.  After getting now where with a urologist I am calling to get an appointment with another one on Monday. Luckily we have a great bunch of doctors in Grand Rapids so I do not have to travel very far to find a better one. This is not the first doctor I have given up on.

marv My son had his boss helping him take down a tree next to his garage. His boss tied the knot on a limb that need to be roped to keep it from landing on the garage. The knot  failed so the limb ended up damaging the garage roof. His boss had climbed some big mountain out west.  It is a wonder he is still alive if that is how he ties knots. When I was helping my cousin build his house one winter when he was laid off from his crane operator job. He told me he wished he could get me to work with him as no one knows how to rig his lifts properly. Being sore is just a sign of getting older.  ;D

IW Sorry for you loss. House fires can end up being tragic. Sadly First Responders and Leos do not get credit for what they do any more.

I just checked the obituaries at the funeral home over at the other place. Sadly I see that my old friend and mentor as I was growing up has passed away. He was a WW2 B-25 bomber-staffing pilot in the Pacific with over 50 missions. I worked for him and his late  wife when I was just a kid doing yard work. He was 100 years old.  I stopped to see him a few years ago. I told him how much he meant to me as I grew up, almost bringing him to tears. I did see him at a funeral last fall so I got to talk to him for a while. He was a great member of the community.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18682 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:02 AM »

I want to thank everyone for the condolences, I should have mentioned that this happened in 1977, they are never forgotten.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18683 on: Feb 23, 2020, 10:17 AM »
TT....my condolences on the loss of your friend  :'( most all of WW II vets have passed  :'(

IW....the date doesn’t  diminish the loss you suffered  :'(

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18684 on: Feb 23, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

Temps are nearing 40 with warm sunshine.

Eddie hope the day finds you on some fish :icefish: Safe travels home Sir!

WW hope the packing is complete and the trip to Lake Ontario is a good one :thumbsup: Looking forward to some fish pictures :clap:

mr.clean, I did get the table. It's nothing to look at but it will be perfect at the shack and it was free

TT heck of a tree story. My old boss caused more damage the 2% of the time he was on the crew than I ever did in 32 years I was there. When it comes to knots there is only 1 to know, a bowline. Whether it's a straight bowline or a variation like a running bowline, or a bowline with a bight, a bowline will never leave you down. Every guy that came through the door at work claiming to have years of experience, would either swim or sink when asked what knot they tied.

Speaking of tree things, yesterday I decided to work on my pines again. The s-i-l came over and I made another good mess. We had a good fire going and all was well. As I was starting down the 4th tree I heard something hit the ground below me. Some how my saw came off my climbing belt  and took a 25' fall to some ice pac below the tree. Talk about a sick feeling, I have seen 20 saws get dropped out of trees or buckets but it was my first coming off my belt. There was substantial damage as it hit screwing up the trigger handle, air cleaner etc. I was just glad the s-i-l was watching and didn't get hit.

I got the saw about 25 years ago and some 12 years ago Stihl discontinued them. Actually they started making them cheaper and cheaper as not many could afford a $650 climbing saw.  I was on a saw forum this morning tracking down a guy from New Jersey that specializes in them. I finally found him and exchanged a few emails and pictures. He said to send it over as he has the parts and he will go through it and get it up to new saw specs. So I just got back from the UPS store and tomorrow it will be on it's way. I was contemplating a new saw but everything out there is basically under powered junk.

Hope you all are having an excellent afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18685 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:09 PM »
Day 16 sturgeon tally. Last one

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18686 on: Feb 23, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Good evening a Fall/Spring like day here high temperature around fifty weather guessers saying we may hit sixty on Tuesday.
Eddie hope you and your son's had a good day at lake Champlain. Thank you for explaining terrazzo removal and installation of new tile process.
Ice Wanderer the game was played outside on a synthetic turf field temperature in the upper forties. Over the years there has been talk of starting the season in late March or April to avoid some of the weather issues in Northern states. Currently the championships are held over Memorial Day weekend by then then many colleges have ended classes for the year and held graduation. I Think this saves colleges and the NCAA some money as the athletes do not have to be housed for a long period of time unlike the baseball tournament championships which go into June. In time as more Colleges add Lacrosse to their athletic programs and if more teams are added to the playoff tournament the season might be extended presently 16 teams qualify for the Men's division one championship I'm not sure how many teams play in the div.2 and div.3 tournaments believe their are around sixty colleges playing in div.one.  Nice that son#2 and his family had a good day of fishing even with the crowds from Winter Festival. Sorry to read about how your father and step mom lost their lives.
Wallyworld have a good and safe to Lake Ontario. All the best with the fishing.
Hunts2long don't know much about Bard myself reason I attended the game was that they were playing againestnest Mount Saint Mary College from Newburgh. It is a small liberal arts school told enrollment is around 2,500 students in Annandale On Hudson,NY. slightly north and west of Red hook in Northern Dutchess county. Besides the main campus there is a second campus near by at Montgomery Place think this was someone estate during the Industrial revolution need to research it. Best to you and your teammates tonight.
Icefisher-45 may the headache doctor have some more things to try or be able to refer you to someone at one of the Boston area hospitals.
IFF don't get to worn out preparing for the store opening hopefully they can bring in workers from other nearby stores until a full staff is trained and hired.
Tomturkey glad the cause of your wife's chest pain was found and medication and heat treatment are helping. Condolences on the loss of your friend and mentor.
Whopper Stopper good to read you got the picnic table. Sorry to hear about your saw as you said thankfully your SIL was alert and not injured as it fell from the tree. May the person n NJ. get it back to you running like new. I assume the modern saws have more plastic parts then this saw to cut weight and production costs. Thank you for the closing report and photos from the WI.sturgeon spearing season.

A pleasant evening and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18687 on: Feb 24, 2020, 01:49 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 30* this am, high of 53 today.... :cookoo:

Had a pretty good trip with the boys, couldn’t beat the weather for our outing...beautiful day!  We got into some crappie, a few perch, Bass, and a couple smaller Pike. 
  Long day ....especially with a 4am start this morning, lol. The clock is getting the better of me this morning, so will catch up to you all this afternoon.  :thumbsup:

Jeff...we were on South Bay yesterday.
  Wally...safe travels and best of luck to you and Mr.WW!     :icefish: :thumbsup:

Cawfee’s on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18688 on: Feb 24, 2020, 04:00 AM »

It's 29* and clear here on my hill, with clouds moving in later. ::)
                                Eddie...…...Sounds like you and the boys had a good day, I didn't think you made it any farther north, it would be a long trip
                       if you did. :blink: South Bay is a good place to fish, a good place for Crappie! :thumbsup:
                                Steve...…...When I attended NYMA the lacrosse team was darn good, I think the season started in April. Of course winter weather lasted
                       longer then :unsure:
                                Wally...…...Have a good trip to Lake Ontario. :clap:
                                Marv...…….That's to bad about the saw, thank god for the internet finding a guy that can make it new again. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
                                Bud...……...Good luck with the new job, hopefully they will hire more people so you don't have to work so much. :unsure:
                                No fishing today, I'm going to Jon's house to hook up a transfer switch and outside receptacle for a generator that they just bought.
                       I would have done it yesterday but in case I run into an unforeseen problem, I wanted to be able to get the material at a local hardware
                       store, instead running 20 miles to Glens Falls to get it.
                               I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18689 on: Feb 24, 2020, 05:06 AM »

27 getting to the upper 37 later today. A small squall moves through tonight possibly enough to freshen things up ???

Eddie nice to read you and the boys got into some fish :thumbsup: Hope you and the crew have an excellent week :thumbsup:

IW good thinking on holding off for a day. Sundays around here can get quiet for certain stores. We are lucky in that Menard's takes in a wide variety of items and it's only a couple miles away. Good luck putting in the switch :thumbsup:

WW best of luck to you and Mr. WW on the fishing :thumbsup:

mr.clean you are correct on saws having a lot more plastic, unfortunately even the pro saws have taken the cheapened route in an effort to make them lighter.  The second step was to make the displacement lower which keep components lighter. For small tree trimming it's not so noticeable, but when you start getting into bigger trees around houses and over fences, you need the trigger response to show some hustle.

Today I am going to fire up my mid sized saw and try to finish my pines. It will make it a lot harder but at least if it goes well I'll will be done.

Hope you all have an excellent day either working or on the ice :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.