The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Neveada Creek Reservor  (Read 6816 times)

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If it didn't have a mother then it wasn't a meal.
Re: Neveada Creek Reservor
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:16 AM »
I will probably go over there in the next two or three weeks. When I do, I will take a picture of the mystery fish and post it. Either way, they still work great after you freeze them for pike bait.

flyfish59102

Offline ManStorePatrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 22, 2009, 11:19 AM »
That looks A LOT like the fish that I am catching up there. I think you just figured out the million dollar nevada creek ice fishing question.  ;D I want to head back up there on Sunday, we'll have to see what the weather decides to do...

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Any of you guys have any idea how long it would take to get up there from bozeman/belgrade.  The fishing at CF as been so amazing I could care less if I go back until I hear some good reports....even fair reports.  I'd rather drive an extra hour and catch fish than watch my jig go up and down on my flasher all day.  These little fishies you guys are talking about sound kinda cool too. 
tight lines
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline timberbutte

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2009, 09:47 PM »
2 1/2 hours from Boz?  1 hour to Helena + 1 hour to Avon + 30 mins north to Nevada. Sound about right?

On another note... The fishing has been slower than usual this winter so far. Everywhere I've gone. Anyone else noticing it?

Offline allan.brainard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 04, 2010, 10:27 AM »
Fished here on the 31st, and had a great day. The perch were active, and I caught 10 in the first half hour. that was followed by a 19' rainbow that I had to turn loose, and then I should have just packed up and left. I poked around and drilled more holes, but never found the fish again. but catching the pig made the day worth while.

Offline GOOSE_EGG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Rip'n Lips [URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/
« Reply #35 on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:00 PM »
Is it me or are there a lot more people fishing up there this year? I have been up 2 times only seen someone one time but the whole place has holes on it. Yea i just got a nice 23in rainbow last week also but only 4 perch.

Offline allan.brainard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:13 AM »
I will go back and fish again, I live real close to Hauser, but the perch fishing there leaves a bit to be desired. Nevada Creek Reservoir is only 20 miles farther for me to drive than the Silos @ CF.

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Jan 05, 2010, 09:45 AM »
Now that I have finally figured out how to upload photos here is some bragging from earlier this year. This was about 3 hours of fishing in the afternoon before it got to dark to see.

flyfish59102

Offline KingoftheLake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 13, 2010, 02:47 PM »
anyone been up to nevada creek recently? Wondering how the ice is, and how the fishing is.

Offline fishin247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Takes me about 3 hours 20 min. to get from Bzm to seeley. I would put NV Creek res at about an hour before Seeley.  I can't see the pictures people are posting as I'm browsing on my blackberry, but with the slope of the nose discription are we sure its not a whitefish.

Offline flyfish59102

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:54 AM »
I have been fishing since i was 2 and flyfishing since I was 10. I have caught "uncle whitey" more than a few times. There is absolutely 0% chance that what we are talking about is a whitefish. I have caught hundreds if not thousands of whitefish and these are not whitefish. These things are definately a differnt species.

flyfish59102

Offline rabbet79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 19, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Caught some perch. shiners couple suckers and a 24'' trout, Ran in to some old timer he had a bucket of perch use bacon

Offline icefishdave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got a bite!
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2010, 05:04 PM »
He was using bacon for bait? No wonder perch are so good. ;)

Offline Nerka

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 20, 2010, 08:09 PM »
hey rabbet79, what end of the lake were you on? any size to the perch?  I've only fished the north end by the dam rip-rap, done so-so. Nice work on the trout btw.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #44 on: Feb 03, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Anyone been up here lately???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.