The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Big Eyes  (Read 5895 times)

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Big Eyes
« Reply #30 on: Jan 24, 2009, 06:58 PM »
WTG Wallinuts Nice eyes! Congratulations!

Did you keep the fish to hang on the wall?

If not you should have released them, so maybe they might spawn, or maybe someone else would have the pleasure of catching the fish, maybe a kid, or might even be you again!

Ice fisherman can catch some of the biggest fish in the pond, and this time of the year those big hens are building there eggs for the spawn. 

I myself have been guilty of keeping nice fish. Over the last five years I have released most of the big fish I caught. It can be a good feeling to see that fish swim off. We all should practice C&R.

Those r great eyes wallinuts..once in a lifetime for most no doubt about it. Glad to see Big ice adding some positive info to this thread. Too bad some of you other girls,,aaaa i mean guys have to corrupt this thread with all your pissn and argueing about how good o fisherman you are.  Again wallinuts those are great fish my man.

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline Stephan_K

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:36 PM »
Steph,let me know through a pm on the other fishing site (summer fishing)
http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?board=26.0
where I will be checking after ice off,Ill give you a current report and let you know where you could camp in that area.I can put you on a couple spots where you can catch a PILE of small/meduim eyes with very little experience,if you are only after the big ones we will have to wait to see whats happening the week you come over.

I'll be getting with you when the time comes.  As a matter of fact the wife and I were out looking at travel trailers today  ;D.  I'll be ready to go in no time.  Might even head east before the ice goes !  I've had some of my best walleye fishing times on the ice.  I'm gearing up and getting ready...

I'm a pretty experienced eye guy.  Been around the block... a few times  ;)

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those big winter females
« Reply #32 on: Jan 24, 2009, 09:48 PM »
We ended up keeping one of the fish it was bleeding pretty bad, but the other big one went back. 

Nonya I help my share of newbies get into fishing with some good spots and techniques with learning our great sport, but I'm sure not going to broadcast where all our fish come from.  I just don't understand why you criticize other people for having there own philosophies and opinions.  Time to realize your thoughts aren't everybody's.  See you guys on the ice.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 24, 2009, 10:23 PM »
do you honestly believe telling someone the name of the body of water you fished is going to cause any harm?People come here to learn and share info so they can also enjoy good fishing,if you just want to brag and stonewall people why post?Someone was nice enough to take you to their spot,you dont have to give out GPS coordinates,at least let people know where you went,that is one big body of water,you arnt going to ruin it for the guys that let you go along. ::)

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 24, 2009, 10:57 PM »
That's where you are so screwed up you think of it as bragging.  I was just trying to share a couple of pics of some great fish get over your self Nonya.  I seem to remember when you won the perch derby on canyon ferry last year you bragged your ass off, thats not what I'm about I am not even the one that caught either fish I was just there and was just as happy to see my freinds catch them as if it would have been mine.  Sorry to blow up the next time I catch a big walleye I will get the GPS coordinates and post them with the pics so you are satisfied, and then maybe we can set up a trip for everyone on ice shanty and I can personally show them how and what we fished with so you will not think any less of me or then again maybe not cuz I could care less what you think of me.

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 25, 2009, 07:50 AM »
 ::)
 I remember a guy asking for info and the guys posting were more than ready to share info,who was that guy asking for info again??Oh yhe it was YOU...
"If you don't mind me asking what part of the lake did you guys fish. Sounds like one hellofa trip.  Congrats on the big eyes.  Can't wait to see the pics"
"we fished toward snowcreek but on both sides of the lake.....caught good ones on both north and south side"
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=77942.msg764715#msg764715 this fort peck thread has pics JUST like yours...hmmmmm
Way to pay it foward buddy! ::)

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 25, 2009, 08:54 AM »
I see a fishing contest between nonya and wallinuts anybody else agree
next saturday at sunrise and I am not telling you where :flex: :flex: :flex: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline wallinuts

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:23 AM »
No I'm done fighting with Mr. Know it all. I have helped more than my share of people with tips and reports in my life and then I post some pics and don't tell him where to go catch fish and he gets upset.  Go figure I hope everyone had a good weekend on the ice I wish I could have made it out.  See ya on top of the water.

Offline pikehead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2009, 03:40 PM »
o ya!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.