Author Topic: Deep Creek 2016  (Read 2189 times)

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
Deep Creek 2016
« on: Jan 11, 2016, 04:04 PM »
Hello everyone, looks like ice season has started, I fished at Deep Creek on Saturday, did ok on perch, looks that we'll have solid ice next weekend.

Offline wvengineer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Deep Creek 2016
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I sure hope so!

Offline Eman89so

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2016, 07:22 PM »
I'm headed out as well. Just to the cove

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2016, 09:12 AM »
U guys going by the state park? I'm dying to go, but its a 3 hr drive for me!!! I'm wondering if PA might be safer...I know the coves usually lock up first but I can't find any convincing web cam shots.
Y'all catchin?

Offline Eman89so

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2016, 06:24 PM »
I'm staying far away from there... Thin ice and deep water depth don't mix for me. Im just gonna check a bunch of coves. Maybe end up at GG? Just all depends gonna do a lot of jumping around

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2016, 03:43 AM »
Southern part of the lake will be your best bet, Friday weather doesn't look good

Offline Spaceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2016, 06:45 AM »
I come down to deep creek a couple times year to ice fish and usually bring my own Minnie's down. But my local store closed down.  I know of bills marina in along the lake for Minnie's but not sure of there hours? I've heard u guys on here talking about a place called nickolos or something close to that? Does anyone have there number or address?
Thanks.  Spaceman.

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2016, 10:19 AM »
 Nicklows @  814-395-3931
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Spaceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2016, 11:17 AM »
Thank you. Good luck this year everyone be safe. Heading out this weekend!!!! Finally

Offline Bobhuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2016, 05:51 PM »
Hello, I have never fished deep creek. It is about a 3 hour drive for me. I am looking for some parking information. I have read all of the past posts looking for information and have read to park at the end of Pritts road to fish GG and the end of white oak rd to fish Harvey's. When I look at Ariel photos everything looks private. I am concerned about driving that far and not being to access the lake to fish. I just want to be able to get on the lake somewhere.  Can you access from the state park?  I would appreciate any information.
                                                                                  Thanks

Offline flyfishbowhunticefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2016, 06:05 PM »
It is all private...that's the biggest problem with DC...just get on n drag ur ass n all that gear out...good luck
Y'all catchin?

Offline Eman89so

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2016, 10:13 PM »
Where's the pics guys

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Hi everyone, I spent all last week at DCL, all lake is locked up, before the storm there was about 2-3 inches of good ice on the main lake by the state park. On Thursday I fell through the ice, in one of the coves, early in the morning at dark far from shore, just lost a mitten if you find it just leave it there, i'll come back for it, so be carefull. Fishing sucked this week, on Friday before storm they weren't biting at all, of course there is always active fish somewhere I just didn't find them, hope to be able to fish next weekend.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #13 on: Jan 25, 2016, 02:43 PM »
All, be careful out there.....there wasnt a ton of safe ice prior to all the snow that just got dumped there....

Offline Spaceman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:02 AM »
Had a group that was going to come down for the weekend. It's a 3 hour drive.   But that was before the big snow storm.  My question is did the lake get any wind to blow some of that 2+ feet of snow off at all??  And what did all that weight do o the ice conditions? And info would help.
Thanks spaceman.

Offline vasea

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Many opinions have been posted, but the only way to know for sure is to go and check it out, that's what I will do this weekend, snow insulates the ice from everything, so it won't grow and hopefully won't deteriorate either, the water below the ice is close to 32 degrees so pressure should not cause much deterioration, main lake wont be good for sure, but some coves had 6-7 inches of ice and it should still be there this weekend, all that snow may even help existing ice to survive next week's warm up, will see...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.