New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ion 10 inch bit  (Read 663 times)

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Ion 10 inch bit
« on: Nov 28, 2022, 01:25 PM »
What adaptor and plate do you boys recommend ? I'm using a Dewalt 999 all are 1/2 inch yes.
Mr.Esox

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ion 10 inch bit
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2022, 02:06 PM »
I'm not sure what the benefit is to a plate - maybe someone can offer that.   I've always used just the drill with the side handle screwed in and never had an issue

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2022, 02:14 PM »
One of the better ones see below ..but I would recommend the Clam Plate as a better alternative . Should that 10" auger jam up ..your wrist(s) may be hurting for a couple of seasons  with a adapter as opposed to the Clam Plate . The ION and the Eskimo Pistol Bit have  a 18mm opening/input.

https://www.scheels.com/p/strikemaster-two-stage-drill-adapter-for-auger-drills/04325312218.html

https://www.amazon.com/Strike-Master-Drill-Flange-Adapter/dp/B07JYMZ8Z8

Some Good deals can be had on the Clam Plate TODAY!!!

NOTE no adapter will be needed if you use the ION with a Clam Plate ..its also a good height and should be fine all season unless you are prone to thicker ice ...then an extension may be required.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2022, 03:36 PM »
Didn’t see anything about a 10” bit in here. The main reason for a plate is so if the chuck loosens and the auger falls the plate is bigger the the hole and you don’t loose it.
I went the cheap route. Working man and all
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2022, 10:13 PM »
My strike master came with a nylon plate much like a frisbe  2' " wider than the hole so you can't lose the drill should it come loose

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2022, 11:27 AM »
Boyz thanks for all the helpful info. I found Jiffy makes the Torch 10 inch. I purchased it, the adaptor and disc come with it great price also. Great to see Jiffy back in the game.
Mr.Esox

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.