Author Topic: Show me what to order from CJ&S  (Read 3731 times)

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
Show me what to order from CJ&S
« on: Dec 01, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Looking to spend about $50-60 on jigs. Im new to ice fishing so suggestions are always nice. Was thinking of ordering from cutom jig & spins http://www.customjigsandspins.com/ or another online store if you have any other suggestions...canadian possibly. I fish mostly for perch...and  eyes.  So a general list of what you would order if you were in my shoes and why would be great...

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
Re: Show me what to order from CJ&S
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:32 PM »
Buy some Jammin Jigs. I haven't used my yet but they are very well constructured, painted very well and aren't very expensive. I ordered and they arrived 4 days later.

Offline Doubles Shooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2008, 02:51 PM »
Looking to spend about $50-60 on jigs. Im new to ice fishing so suggestions are always nice. Was thinking of ordering from cutom jig & spins http://www.customjigsandspins.com/ or another online store if you have any other suggestions...canadian possibly. I fish mostly for perch...and  eyes.  So a general list of what you would order if you were in my shoes and why would be great...

Definitely go to www.jamminjigs.com. Great lures for the money. Also look at www.fishyum.com cheap tungsten and other jigs.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2008, 03:31 PM »
Just bought some Kodiak Jigs. They are nice I highly recommend them. They don't charge no $6 for S&H lke CJ&S does and the jigs are almost half the price with the same quality.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Just picked up a few CJ&S jigs at Gander Mtn., I opted for a few Gill Pills, Diamonds and Ratsos. $1.99 per two and no shipping. ;D
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Just picked up a few CJ&S jigs at Gander Mtn., I opted for a few Gill Pills, Diamonds and Ratsos. $1.99 per two and no shipping. ;D
its hard to beat these choices

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Don't forget some Hali's!!!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2008, 04:56 PM »
CJ&S make the ratsos, rat finkees amongst others that are panfish killers. They make great jigs.

Offline ChillerThriller

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2008, 05:15 PM »
Get gill pills, ratsos, and shrimpos for perch. my 3 go to lures for perch in an array of sizes and colours

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2008, 05:22 PM »
OU MAY AS WELL BE ICE FISHING NAKED IF YOU DON'T HAVE A SWEEDISH PIMPLE IN YOUR ARSENAL

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2008, 10:25 PM »
I have some Shrimpos that I got from Scheels. I would like to gets some Ratsos too.

I bought considerly more for less at Jammin Jigs. Haven't tried them yet, but the price already gives them an advantage.

Offline bassrat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2008, 11:51 PM »
1/16 oz slender spoons are my "go-to" perch bait....works great alone or even better with a dropper like a ratso!

Offline eastiaman18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2008, 06:51 AM »
Diamond jigs, gill pills and rat finks.   The Diamond jig is the absolute best jig I have used when you are onto a good bite, Super fast fall to get down to the active fish while they are on a strong bite.   both cj&s and jammin jigs have a great selection and super companys!

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:39 AM »
Save your money.  There's a lot better jigs out there than the cj$s!  Jammin Jigs, Marmish, YBD, and don't forget the Maki plastics! ;)
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:02 PM »
All the above are good but don't forget a couple chubby darters, a couple rapala, a couple forage minnow's or buckshot rattle, and a couple pimple's or similar vertical jigging spoon's. That would be for the eye's. start smaller with your perch lures as they are  cheaper and easier to fill in the gaps of your tackle box. Walleye lures in smaller sizes can cross over to perch as well larger perch lures to Walleye. Perch can be critical, but not as often as the old eye's will be so spend your lions share on the walleye stuff. Do some web shopping before you buy.

Wellsy

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:19 PM »
I used my CJ&S Diamond Jig(#12, Red Glow) last night for the first time, I had one Gulp Waxie on it, the Crappies loved it!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2008, 11:25 PM »
Was at Gander Mountain and Cabela's today. Looking to buy some CJ&S Demon Blue/Glow. Neither store had this color choice. Only Blue/Glow or Orange/Glow. I'll have to try a local bait shop. That's where I got the ones I had.
jbird68

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #17 on: Dec 14, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Gotta luv when a guy starts a thread about wanting to buy some jigs from CJ&S and the first few posts tell him to go elsewhere...interestin g..both Kodiak and Jamming are good companies, but CJ&S is a yearly purchase for me, their jigs and baits are qaulity

Gill Pill
Diamond
Ratso
Shrimpo
Flu/Flu
Demon

And my new personal fav..Slender Spoon, try this thing out, it somes in many sizes, weights and colours...kills the gills,perch, walleye and crappies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.