The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: 81 ponds /Lake  (Read 1956 times)

maranell

81 ponds /Lake
« on: Jan 06, 2005, 05:26 PM »
Yeah
I go to school at DSU and was wondering if anyone has tried the sloughs or ponds along highway 81 with any luck. Any info is greatly appreciated. Also looking to try other lakes in the area. Thanks

buffsty

Re: 81 ponds /Lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2005, 12:22 AM »
Hey i could tell ya little i havent been up there the last couple of days but..just wondering on if ya wanted to go out some time i also go to dsu... hers my email [email protected]

bullheadbasher

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2005, 11:36 PM »
Hey there.  I am an SDSU student.  I have been out there a couple times and this is what I can tell you.  Do not drive on 81 ever.  The reason is because ducks keep the water open in certain spots all over the lake and many vehicles have gone through.  The ducks have left but the ice where they were is still very weak im sure.  If you want to catch perch and walleyes, work the deepest part of the lake.  There are some really nice perch in there and if you have a camera make sure you use it because they can be really picky.  There are nice walleyes in there too, but I havent caught any this year.  If you want to catch pike, work the shallows, anywhere from 4-10 ft of water.  There are nice mean nasty pike in that lake.  My suggestion is to set out tip-ups.  Try a buffet line.  Put smelt on one, minnow on one, chub on one, shiner on one, and sometimes I will even put 4 or 5 minnows on one, all with a treble hook.  Pike usually arent very picky, but if you are snaggin them on one kind of bait only, obviously switch to that bait.  the east side of the road can also be really good for perch.  Just remember if you dont get a bite within 5 minutes, move.  Good luck.

maranell

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2005, 06:07 PM »
Buffsty

Thinking about trying sometime next week. I'll email you if i decide to.
Thanks

Got one on

tip-up!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2005, 03:00 AM »
i AM FROM MASS. tHINKING OF A TRIPNNOUT THERE.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.