Author Topic: Wakaw Lake  (Read 3018 times)

Offline pkurtz

• IceShanty Rookie
Wakaw Lake
« on: Dec 13, 2018, 05:13 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has been fishing at Wakaw Lake this winter and if so, how is the fishing?

Offline saskamoose

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wakaw Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2018, 12:27 PM »
Anyone been out to Wakaw? Ice thickness? Bite? Thinking of trying it out this weekend. Had success in the past.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2019, 12:03 PM »
I'm also wondering if anyone has been on Wakaw Lake recently and knows what the ice conditions are like.  Is it thick enough to drive on? 

I work in a lab at the U of R and we're planning to collect some water samples at Wakaw within the next couple weeks (our sampling point is circled on the attached map, coordinates are 52.64321, -105.64458).  If the ice is thick enough we might drive on the lake but otherwise we will walk to the sampling point. 

Offline saskamoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2019, 02:16 PM »
Lake has at least 16" of ice everywhere I have been. Should be able to get on the ice right at the Poplar where you have indicated on the map.

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2019, 02:53 PM »
Great, thank you!

Offline King Ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2019, 08:34 PM »
How the fishing in that lake ?

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 20, 2019, 11:30 PM »
Has anyone driven on Wakaw from Poplar Beach recently?  Just wondering about the snow conditions and whether the road is accessible with a 4x4 truck... planning to go out there this Wednesday. 

Offline Gunderson5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2019, 10:45 AM »
Went to the Wakaw area yesterday to fish a bit and check on the cabin. Didn't even make it onto the ice! Lots of snow, 4x4 truck wasn't enough, we buried it at Oleyskin boat launch. Bonne-Madonne was a no-go as well.

Lots of shacks on the ice, but looks to all be locals with snowmobiles that could make it out there. We only saw 1 truck on the ice.

We tried a couple other small lakes in the area with no success, all roads blown in to them. Oh well, an adventure is fun sometimes too!

Offline Wissel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 25, 2019, 01:45 PM »
Hi! I'm wondering if someone could tell me the approximate date when most of the ice has melted on Wakaw.

I'm from the University of Regina and writing my thesis on winter conditions in lakes around SK, so that's why I'm hoping to catch the approx. ice-off date, which would be when 2/3 of the lake has melted or the first day when its completely melted to go with a boat. I'm grateful for any reply and update as soon as the ice melts! Thanks! :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.