Author Topic: how long to wait?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline perchslayer716

• Team IceShanty Regular
how long to wait?
« on: Feb 18, 2010, 10:57 AM »
if your in an area for a while without anything on the vex how long should you wait? do whitefish like to move around alot or do they stay in the same spot?

Offline oldfisher68

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: how long to wait?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2010, 06:04 AM »
The Whitefish, I've observed on the camera, seem to move around a lot. They seem to graze feed on the bottom. I setup on a spot and watch my flasher, for about a half hour. I start shallow and move deeper. I avoid noisey area's. They don't like a lot of commotion on top.

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2010, 07:16 PM »
Here's what's worked for me this year....

First, get away from everyone.    I like to  get in a nice quiet area.  IF you are fishing with others, they need to be quiet.

Second,  find some rock.  It seems that I have done much better when I am fishing over a rocky bottom.
Zebra muscles are a plus.   Bounce a swedish pimple on bottom, when the whites show up - jiggle the rod, no large erratic moves.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2010, 07:28 PM »
sometimes just try to hold your rod as still as possible. this past weekend if i dropped or lifted the bait even the slightest little bit it was over the whitefish wouldn't even take a second look.

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline perchslayer716

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2010, 05:00 PM »
thanks for the advice  fished the cifc on simcoe didnt catch any fish on the second day only 5 fish caught out of 80 something teams. the zone was set up too shallow

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.