New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Any one use the new jiffy propane auger ???  (Read 408 times)

Offline 22Roadtrip

• IceShanty Rookie
Any one use the new jiffy propane auger ???
« on: Jan 15, 2012, 12:08 PM »
just wondering if anyone has used the jiffy pro 4 propane auger yet, seams to me the propane cyliders would freez up on cold day , they have videos on you tube looks like they work just like the rest of them ???
 ???

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: Any one use the new jiffy propane auger ???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I have one sitting in my garage brand new.  I ahve run it a couple times but not on the ice yet.  I ran it yesterday and it was cold with no problems.  The propane cans sit in my garage with the auger. 

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any one use the new jiffy propane auger ???
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2012, 01:45 PM »
i have one i have used it on three trips out. the first two were last weekend the temp was about 25 to 30 degrees it worked great it started first pull every time. yesterday it was -2 in the morning the auger and propane tank were out in the cold for the two hour drive on the way to fish when we went to cut our first holes in the am it did not want to start at first it took about ten pulls to get it to start when it did start it did not want to idle we cut our holes and shut it off and left it outside an hour later it would not start. i brought the powerhead in the shanty by the heater for an hour after that it was back to starting one pull i kept the powerhead warm the rest of the day and cut 20 more holes without a problem.  next time i am going to try to just keep the propane tank warm and see if that works. also on the third trip out the pin that holds the auger to the powerhead fell out of the plastic thing that is suppose to hold it and is now missing.bad design in my opinion. jiffy if youre reading this i need a new pin. so far overall i like the auger and would still choose it over a gas model. ill wait a full season before i pass my final judgement on it thouh

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.