Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Northern Pike

Jigging for pike

(1/3) > >>

dyhrdicefishr:
We are having a pike derby in Maine with all the folks in the Maine Ice Shanty forum, on a pond just opened for pike ONLY and has NEVER been opened for ice fishing.  The IF&W says they have netted ones over 30 lbs which the state record is only 28 and change.  I LOVE to jig and have never fished for pike.  I caught a couple on my new rod hubby bought me for Christmas....now I am ADDICTED!  I would really love a few pointers...

the dyhard's not so dyhardy wife.... ;D

Mugz:
Never been open for Ice Fishing?? WOW, I would love to fish that place. Not a chance for that down here in MA.........Good Luck.
Wish I had some Pike jigging Tips for ya. All I can say is BIG JIGS.......HA

maple:
We are allowed 2 lines ice fishing on the Ottawa River in Ontario ..... we use one set line (a tipup baited with a sucker minnow,chub or dead herring), and we jig the other line .... I use jigging spoons tipped with a minnow head or tail, mostly a size 6 hawger spoon (the large sizes are no longer manufactured) or a Mepps syclops spoon which are available in several sizes and colours ............

Some days the tipups outperform the jig and some days its the other way around, but it is sure exciting feeling the strike of a big pike on the jigging rod !

billditrite:

--- Quote from: dyhrdicefishr on Jan 14, 2004, 12:17 PM ---Thanks for the tips...I need them... ;D.  In Maine we are allowed five lines total.    I am really into this jigging thing...I ordered a catalog from Lindy and they have some AWESOME jigs...

Just so you guys know...I learn alot from reading the posts so

THANKS!!   ;)

the wife... ;D

Carla

--- End quote ---
HEY MR AND MRS DYHARD MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY JIGGING A SMALL DOG ON A STRIPER POLE!!HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA   GOOD LUCK IN THE DERBY ;D :'( :'(

powderburns:
Quick-strike rig with big dead bait, ( smelt, sardines, sucker) 6-10 inchers. + hang on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version