Author Topic: Why don't you go fly a kite???  (Read 1230 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Why don't you go fly a kite???
« on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Is anyone planning on flying their pop-ups or pull-overs portables this weekend?

Looks like perfect kite flying weather!

I can recall (some years back) fishing on Lake Chocura and seeing someone kite-skiing across the lake.
If the ice is safe and sturdy enough, I'd be willing the ice-boats would be having a field day on Saturday!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Why don't you go fly a kite???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2017, 01:31 PM »
Wind surfers were out in force on Sunapee on Monday.  There must have been 20 of them.

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2017, 02:01 PM »
Wind surfers were out in force on Sunapee on Monday.  There must have been 20 of them.

I saw them too - they were going all over the place out there.  I believe they avoided the large open hole that opened up under a bobhouse that was recently removed (I'm assuming it was removed, and didn't sink???).  I was out the day before and there were some serious cracks opening up under this house and I was going to give the guy a call but there was no name or number on it.  It wasn't there the next day - just a giant hole..........

fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2017, 02:33 PM »
Was that the whole a couple of hundred yards straight out from the inlet on the left side of the beach?  I never saw the house but did see a whole like that...

Offline ice fishNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:11 AM »
Was that the whole a couple of hundred yards straight out from the inlet on the left side of the beach?  I never saw the house but did see a whole like that...

Yeah - that was the one.  There was a pop-up camper style house on that spot less than 24 hours before this picture. 
fishNH @ MFF  huntNH @ MHF

Offline clay3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2017, 06:53 AM »
I just swung by the State Beach. There is still one very nice looking orange Bob house that looks lightweight and extremely new about 40 yards offshore. The shoreline has opened up to 15 feet of water and this wind is only gonna make it worse today. I can try to upload a picture when I get home but that person might need to get their house off or they're going to need a 30 foot ladder just to get on

Offline 6inBlackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2017, 11:12 AM »
ice fishNH,  was there on Saturday and saw the crap left behind by this idiot( 2x4's,tie downs and trash).  And now it's in the water...prop busters and line catchers come open water.  As far as "flying"  that same day saw a guy in a pop up w/sled bottom get caught in a big gust and push him toward open water near the inlet.  His buddy grabbed the tow rope, he definitely was getting wet.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.