Author Topic: ICAST 2020  (Read 1347 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
ICAST 2020
« on: Jul 12, 2020, 12:50 PM »
Looks like they will be doing a virtual show this year ..starts tomorrow .

https://www.icastfishing.org/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ICAST 2020
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2020, 08:44 AM »
have to create a login for new product viewing lol

Some interesting ones

The Patriot
The 13 Fishing Patriot Ice Fishing Combo combines the effectiveness of the Tickle Stick Rod and FreeFall Ghost Reel to create one dynamic package. The rod features flat tip construction and has a split grip handle, while the reel boasts instant anti-reverse and Drop Speed Control. Feel more and do more with the Patriot Ice Combo.

Frabill Ice Hunter 285 shelter
The new Ice Hunter 285 flip-over shelter incorporates consumer research, pro-staff feedback, and field study to combine the best value for feature set in the market. Beginning with Frabill's patented Sidestep entry that simplifies in-and-out access, removes need to step over gear and fishing holes and vertical front wall provides more room for hook sets. The Ice Hunter 285 also features a heavy duty molded sled, Mossy Oak Elements camouflage and 1200D quilted insulation fabric.

ACME KASTMASTER DT SPOON
Kastmaster DT spoon is designed for ice fishing in a vertical jigging presentation, this variation of the Kastmaster delivers the same proven fish catching performance as its highly successful predecessors. The DT Spoon is constructed from solid brass and is double cut on both front and back to create new thinner design that produces a fast flutter on the drop and a unique side to side action when jigged up and down. Try the new Glow Splash paint finishes, comes in 1/12 oz and 1/8 oz, 1 per pack

ACME RATTLIN' GOOGLE EYE HYPER R.I.P.
Acme Rattlin’ Google Eye Hyper R.I.P has a unique body design that is outfitted with 3 through body water access points. All constructed on a vertical plane (2 on bottom, one on top), these water inlets are internally connected and designed to create a chaotic and instable action as water “finds” its way through the body of the bait. This chaotic and unstable action closely mimics the action of a distressed, wounded baitfish. Comes in 8 colors, 2 sizes and black nickel hooks.

ACME TUNGSTEN SLING BLADE ICE JIG
Acme Tackle is proud to introduce the Acme Tungsten Sling Blade Ice Jig. The industries first ever tungsten ice jig equipped with a patented free-swinging hook that makes any bait come to life! Whether you are fishing a live bait like a wax worm or an artificial plastic, the free-swinging hook on the all new tungsten sling blade ice jig is guaranteed to add the extra movement to your bait that will make even the most finnicky fish bite. Available in 2 sizes (#3/#5), 8 colors and 1 per package.

Fenwick World Class Ice Rod
Look no further for World Class performance on the ice. The premium solid carbon blanks are specially tuned for finesse ice fishing in Custom Fenwick Actions. Featuring premium grade cork split grip Tennessee handles and a mix of Fuji AT guides and light wire fly guides, these ultra-lightweight rods transmit even the lightest bite allowing consumers to Feel the Action.

RAP-V BLADE
Versatility! Pushing the limits in a way Rapala has never done, the Rap V Blade is launched. A hybrid between what anglers look for in a blade bait, built with the mindset of fishing all year long as a lipless crank. Cast it, jig it, bounce it, just don't pigeon hole it. There is no wrong way to fish it, and that is what Rapala does best by bringing a lure to the market that works for all anglers all over the world.

STRIKEMASTER PRO JACKET AND BIBS
StrikeMaster asked our Ice pro's and they said "kick some gas" in the design. "Be tougher, build for the roughest conditions with more options and safety first and foremost." StrikeMaster delivers with new Rip Stop Material, added safety reflective, 3M insulation, 3-1 interchangeable Jacket with zip out puff coat, double knee padding, and most importantly SOS (stay on surface) flotation technology. Never go under the surface with the Strikemaster Pro Jacket and Bibs. Sold Separately

STRIKEMASTER ALLIE JACKET AND BIBS
Strikemaster is proud to deliver an ice suit developed by avid women ice anglers. Allie Brings style and function for lady ice anglers along with ultimate warmth. This suit embraces all the features of a men's suit but tailored for a women's comfort and performance. The Allie Suit includes SOS (stay on surface) flotation technology, 3-1 removable puff jacket, zip off bib tops for multiple winter use, 3M insulation, added safety reflective, removable hood and fur, and is waterproof/breathable.

Catchin' Fish

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jul 13, 2020, 09:05 AM »
Here are some some screenshots of new items I saved to my "profile" that seem to have some Ice Fishing utility:

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jul 13, 2020, 09:17 AM »
I am thinking there will be more in the way of videos of new products this year then years past as it is virtual this year . Supposedly Outdoor and Sportsman channels are airing stuff . The rest of the new products will work their way to the other media platforms in short order .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 13, 2020, 10:50 AM »
I waited to get an electric auger, looks like Strikemaster has a new 24v lithium coming that comes with the Lite Flite.  Likely just what I want.

Also the Northland ripper jig looks like the Berkley heads, maybe a slightly different head shape, cant wait to get more of these for hard water as it looks like the Berkley ones are being phased out from what I can tell in the stores.

Offline Fishtrekker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jul 13, 2020, 11:08 AM »
and if anyone cares for the Plano/Frabill Catalog, here it is:

https://issuu.com/planosynergy/docs/plano_synergy_master_fishing_catalog_-_2021_digita

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jul 13, 2020, 11:25 AM »
https://www../article/?fbclid=IwAR3rNeKCCjPgor4HzCNcVGqseeiVClwVsqhUt9nHgd23BLiaE971m1YY1f4

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Jul 13, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Tackle Warehouse on YouTube has uploaded quite a few videos

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14, 2020, 04:08 AM »
Yea!

I think the best yet product that intrigues me is the Shimano SLX MGL 70 Casting reel coming in a retail price of $149.99.  Would make for a killer ice fishing casting reel.

Although I think I would probably prefer to step up to the Shimano Curado MGL 70 K Casting reel coming in a retail price of $229.99.

This is coming around for ice fishing.  Really, they just need to make one without the casting brakes.  That will shave off some cost and bring it more into the ice fishing world.
For more information read my MN nice journal

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jul 16, 2020, 12:59 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.