Author Topic: Wahhoo! 3 inches of ice on the pond today!  (Read 1847 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wahhoo! 3 inches of ice on the pond today!
« on: Dec 09, 2006, 11:21 AM »
2 + clear and the rest white ice from melted snow. Unfortunately I have too much work to get done today.  :'( The phone is ringing off the hook with "How you coming on my fish?" "Can I have it by Xmas?"  ::)

But tomorrow I'll be out there as Sunday is my day with the Lord if you know what I mean! Only 32 for a high today. Shouldn't be an ice eater day.

If you go though please be careful on the ponds. There could be less ice in places. But there could be more on some ponds. The public pond down the road in front of West Noble was frozen over days before mine.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Da_Roc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez! Ya hve to hunt them to catch em
Re: Wahhoo! 3 inches of ice on the pond today!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2006, 12:57 PM »
I Gotta say no way your tape is short!  Unless your pond is only 12 foot round and a foot deep!  My swimming pol used to freeze up fast too!
  Da-Roc  Sinic about first ice.  I need fat man ice on a true lake.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2006, 02:18 PM »
I Gotta say no way your tape is short!  Unless your pond is only 12 foot round and a foot deep!  My swimming pol used to freeze up fast too!
  Da-Roc  Sinic about first ice.  I need fat man ice on a true lake.

Tell ya what... I'll take a pic tomorrow with fish on the ice of course.  ;) It is up to 38 F. here right now but I think the ice will be just fine.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2006, 07:13 PM »
Tell ya what... I'll take a pic tomorrow with fish on the ice of course.  ;) It is up to 38 F. here right now but I think the ice will be just fine.

I had skim ice on the holes I made a few hours earlier when I went down to check even though it got up to 38. I need to pick up some beemoths tomorrow and see what happens. I'll break off a piece of ice for the skeptic and show a tape measure beside it.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2006, 04:18 PM »
Hey taxi,  did you check out Eagle?

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Hey taxi,  did you check out Eagle?

Believe it or not I've never been to Eagle. Engle yes Eagle no. Is it any good icefishing? Engle seems to have a lot of smaller bluegill, redear, and bass. Nothing that impressive that I've seen.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2006, 05:19 AM »
Believe it or not I've never been to Eagle. Engle yes Eagle no. Is it any good icefishing? Engle seems to have a lot of smaller bluegill, redear, and bass. Nothing that impressive that I've seen.
I have never been to Engle.  Just Eagle and Diamond.  I have caught some nice perch out of Eagle.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2006, 07:42 AM »
I have never been to Engle.  Just Eagle and Diamond.  I have caught some nice perch out of Eagle.

I've been to Diamond. Beautiful lake that's not to developed but it's been pretty much hit and miss for me there.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2006, 05:14 AM »
I've been to Diamond. Beautiful lake that's not to developed but it's been pretty much hit and miss for me there.
I also get to Indian Village quite a bit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.