The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 3rd Annual Northeast/Northcentral Get together on Rose Valley set for Jan 31st!!  (Read 18364 times)

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 3rd Annual Northeast/Northcentral Get together on Rose Valley!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2008, 03:47 PM »
 Welcome to the 2008/2009 ice fishing season!!!! Rose Valley is in my back yard. A get togeather there would be great.
 I'll keep an eye on the ice conditions there and let you all know when its time. The forest inn has rooms for rent about 8 miles the lake.  good fishin and see you there , Newberry Kid

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
Re: 3rd Annual Northeast/Northcentral Get together on Rose Valley!!
« Reply #31 on: Dec 02, 2008, 04:54 PM »
Sounds great guys I think the 31st works best. Ill set that as our date!

The lake is in Lycoming County about an hour an half from the New York state line. In the center of the North Central part of the state.
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline SuperX2Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rose valley has some amaying perch, if you can find them. I found one dead last year just a touch under 16 inches. I figure with this many good ice fisherman, we should be able to pin point a school or 2.

Offline Pete H

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
I am in for rose valley. havent ice fished that lake in years.
shut up and fish you big baby
Get er dun and lets go fishin'

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 3rd Annual Northeast/Northcentral Get together !!
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2008, 08:36 AM »
This cold streak has me excited  ;D

I want to keep with a different lake each year I think that's a good idea that way we can draw different people.

How far is Williamsport from RV? Also last year there was a guy on here who had a cabin very close by that offered to have people stay over.

I live in Williamsport and RV lake is only 15 miles from here. There are a ton of places for people to stay in town. I think they built 2 new hotels this year alone. as for space, RV is my loal lake and there is quite a bit of area for everyone to fish. Easy access as well.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Rose valley has some amaying perch, if you can find them. I found one dead last year just a touch under 16 inches. I figure with this many good ice fisherman, we should be able to pin point a school or 2.

let them find out for themselves about the perch action.  you dont want this lake to become the next lake jean. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the 31st might work for me.   If i can get unpacked from the honeymoon intime to gather everything up and get over there

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jigerman I don't think you need to worry about your perch fishing! I know I will not be fishing the lake to keep fish on that day but to meet some new friends and a few old ones. I understand your concern but after all what is this site for to help people out in catching the fish I don't think anyone of the guys that will be coming to this gathering is going to kill your perch fishing the lakes go through cycles.
Christopher S Neal

Offline BEERNBAIT

• IceShanty Rookie
r.v  perch and gills have been down for years now, due to " overtaking of fish". Just like hunting state game lands, this lake is not what it USED to be. Now its starting to effect the bass populations.  Too many people have kept 2 many bass over the past 5 years, used to be able to catch 17,18inch fish per trip, now your lucky to get 1 legal fish, which is 15inches.  anyone who fishes tourneys up here knows that.  seen plenty of times people with bass limits of 14inch fish, and they say  " close enough for me".   Thats a bunch of crap! 

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
 Howdy Boys, Just drove by Rose Valley yesterday and the back bays had a little ice. It wont be long now. Icy Jay and I are planning to attend. Hope to see you all there Good Fishin' Newberry

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hope to see you NewBerry and Icy Jay.

Beer Idk what the heck you would keep bass for anyway. They don't even taste good!! :sick: :sick:
I eat a few perch and gills from my home lakes but I killed one bass the entire ice fishing season last year and none this summer.
Christopher S Neal

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Jigerman I don't think you need to worry about your perch fishing! I know I will not be fishing the lake to keep fish on that day but to meet some new friends and a few old ones. I understand your concern but after all what is this site for to help people out in catching the fish I don't think anyone of the guys that will be coming to this gathering is going to kill your perch fishing the lakes go through cycles.

I know all to well that lakes go through biologic cycles.

I did not say that the gathering itself will hurt the perch population it will not even begin to put a hurt in the population of the lake.  the thing that will hurt the perch is the the many fish that will be caught from word of mouth.  one person catches and keeps a few decent perch and they bring all there friends the next trip and then if the fish cooperate then they catch and keep a few big perch. each of those people go back an tell one of their friends about the great perch fishing, and then they go back and get some more the next time they got out.  and dont forget the person that will go to the tackle store or gander mountian and tell a few guys the report.  and the "cycle" goes on and on for a few years and the population of the perch or any other fish that they are targeting gets decimated to a population that will take years for it to even come close to matching the day that the one big perch was caught that started it all. 

How's that for a cycle.  Anyways I never said that there were alot good sized perch in the lake or even that the fishing for them was great.   What was meant by " the perch action" was that there is some but very limited big ones in the lake.  It would not take much to vripple the lake. 

I might show up in the am for the get together or i might show up towards dusk to get some walleyes,  I hear they do good at night off the south launch in 20 foot of water durring the last 30 minutes of daylight and the first 2 hours of dark.   ;D

JM   

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I hope to meet you JM
Christopher S Neal

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
Hope to see you NewBerry and Icy Jay.

Beer Idk what the heck you would keep bass for anyway. They don't even taste good!! :sick: :sick:
I eat a few perch and gills from my home lakes but I killed one bass the entire ice fishing season last year and none this summer.
I EAT BASS RAT THEY R GOOD ;D

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not that kinda Bass lol

How are you doing ron see I got out the last few days and caught u some bass
Christopher S Neal

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
well somebody has to catch him fish ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D he cant seem to do it :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well Ive started off pretty good so far I haven't lost a fish that I had hooked yet. 9-9 running a hot streak lol
Christopher S Neal

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
I THINK LAKE JEANS A GOOD PLACE FOR THE OUTING

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
To bad Ronbo we have already chose Rose Valley

Just come along and next time you want to go I will show you my secret spot.
Christopher S Neal

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
To bad Ronbo we have already chose Rose Valley

Just come along and next time you want to go I will show you my secret spot.
k im easy to get along with

icewagon

I would not waste a good Saturday on Rose Valley

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well Chuck I guess dont come then but I already have about 30 people that want to go so ! :(
Christopher S Neal

Offline GrnDay33

• Team IceShanty Addict
Rose Valley is a good place to get together. There is a lot of room to fish, and park. The fishing isn't anything to write home about. Everyone  should have a good time.

Offline BrewCrew27

• Team IceShanty Regular
Icewagon,,,,  I fish r.v. all the time, its only  a 15 mile drive.  If i had to drive any further, i wouldnt fish this lake either.   If u want to catch fish, its not going to happen here, but you if want to get out and just have a good time, then attend the party.

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
brew

to catch fish you have to know were to go on this lake.  Some times it can be great chasing flags all day for Pickeral and bass.  If you target certian fish then it is harder to fish.  you can do well on walleye and perch pretty much anyday.  I dont think i have ever been skunked on this lake.  The fishing i would say is average. 

JM

I am driving almost three hours to fish it.  I probably wont fish hard untill later in the day though.  I am mainly going because I love to fish this lake.  You never know what you may catch. 

Offline danielemt

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flag up!!!
i also live about an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes away.  myself and two other friends are planning on being there.  catching fish is great, thats why your there.  not just to stand on an ice cube and be cold.  but even if you dont catch anything the fun of being out with many other guys who love to do the same thing you do. and the part of just getting out.  remember "THE WORSE DAY FISHING IS BETTER THEN THE BEST DAY AT WORK!!!"  ;D
 so just come enjoy the day met new ppl and see what they are using, look at the new toys they are using, tell some stories and just have fun!

dan
Life is to short to just sit around and wait.  Treasure everyday like its the last!!!

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Amen guys I will fish but dont even care to catch any. I will be grilling so I can fed people like Ronbo who will tire everyone out just watching him try and catch fish lol key word try!!

There are days to fish hard and catch fish and then there are days to have fun and meet new friends!
Christopher S Neal

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
Amen guys I will fish but dont even care to catch any. I will be grilling so I can fed people like Ronbo who will tire everyone out just watching him try and catch fish lol key word try!!

There are days to fish hard and catch fish and then there are days to have fun and meet new friends!

;D ;D yea what he said! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog

[/q :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:i go fishing to catch fish (rat )  and y u on the pc at 2:10 an for

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What are you my mom now Ronbo lol I was on at 810 am my time I'm in Germany Clown
Christopher S Neal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.