The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: SE Late Season Ice???  (Read 964 times)

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
SE Late Season Ice???
« on: Mar 02, 2007, 06:14 AM »
OK, someone has to start it.  After all of the heavy rain last night - and it's still coming down - I (like many others) want to find fishable ice.  Does anyone know of fishable ice in SE PA anywhere?

Also, I don't mind going out with ice that's generally OK, but maybe a bit iffy around the edges - but don' want to go alone.  If there is ice, does anyone want to hit it this weekend?  Let me know.  (I may have to go to the Ice Line here in West Chester, but it's hard to drill a hole when the damned Zamboni keeps filling it in every hour or so.)
Keep the tradition alive - take a kid hunting, trapping and fishing!

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: SE Late Season Ice???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2007, 07:55 AM »
OK, someone has to start it.  After all of the heavy rain last night - and it's still coming down - I (like many others) want to find fishable ice.  Does anyone know of fishable ice in SE PA anywhere?

Also, I don't mind going out with ice that's generally OK, but maybe a bit iffy around the edges - but don' want to go alone.  If there is ice, does anyon                           Let me know.  (I may have to go to the Ice Line here in West Chester, but it's hard to drill a hole when the d**ned Zamboni keeps filling it in every hour or so.)
   Sure lets hook up I'm game .I don't really think this one day of warm rain really melted it that much!! It usally takes more than 1 day to freeze 14" of ice? It doesn't melt that fast unless we get 2-3 days of 60+ & sunny.Im planning on going to marsh creek to check it out on sat & am planing on fishing there. Most years we have safe ice till about mid. march

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2007, 08:42 AM »
Capt.  Check email.

Anyone else?

Offline flyingknee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2007, 04:08 PM »
guess you guys found out the conditions if you went to marsh creek today.I took a drive to see how it was.I didn't see anybody out from the cul de sac but looked like a few fresh holes.You could get on with a 10 or 12 ft board,travel light with a bucket and no sled.I'd go with another adult and a piece of rope and ice picks.I usually go with my 11 yr old so I ain't taking no chances with him.Possibly heading to Promised Land Sunday.

Offline scansy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Diehard Fan
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2007, 04:26 PM »
I was at MC today.  Check under the reports.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.