The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lycoming HardWater team  (Read 27280 times)

Offline BCJensen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE IS ON FLAGS UP!
Lycoming HardWater team
« on: Jan 06, 2006, 07:11 PM »
Good Luck

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lycoming HardWater team
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2006, 07:06 PM »
I don't know what happened to my last post, but RV and I hit Rosie today. Hit it hard. Brutal conditions. Only 3 flags and one pick in 5 hrs. Ice is 8" and getting thicker. Snowed all day had a blast. Ice should be good for a while before the 40 degree weather hits. Good thing he brought his clam. Once again the vex didn't do squat.
Ice hard, go fishing

iceshiner

« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2006, 07:20 PM »
 :tipup:
Jeff glad to hear you made out good today....
got out for a couple of hours big bunny hunting...
still gotta get my feet wet (No pun intended ) ice fishing yet this year....
we gotta hook up all of us... one more week with the smoke pole....that's all...
Brent, great job on getting this hooked up....
brent's the man...... :o

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Hey iceshiner, glad to see that you are still alive. Must be feeling better if you got after the bunnies today. Did you see any? Frank and I saw alot of snow, and alot of ice too. Do you want to hit it monday? Let me know or better yet call me. I will be home all day tommrow
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 08:16 PM »
Hey Brent, this thread is a great idea, thanks for the help on keeping the reoprts board clean. I really appreciate it,

Mike
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2006, 11:03 AM »
hey doug,,, you gonna fish this year or what?? ;D  put the muzzelloader away, break out that gas auger, and lets gooooooooooooooooooooo ooooo ;)
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline JK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • retired fish N Pa.to New York
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Trouble with this time of year is there is so much to do.  Until now I icefished when ever there was ice, but this year I really got into trapping and haven't seen the lake in days.  I hear from jiggerman a lot and he invites me out but I am to busy.  Will start fishing next week, I live 5 miles away from the lake in Warrensville.....jk

Offline JK

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • retired fish N Pa.to New York
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2006, 09:14 AM »
Mr Bc your coyote request is to late they are all rubbed now.  Meaning that there is "bald" (no comments for the peanut gallery-lil'dave), areas, not spots but areas on top of the shoulder blades.  There value as pelt goes from $25 down to $1 because of it.  And at my skill level you would have a loooong wait anayway......jk 

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2006, 02:54 PM »
OK,,, so i dont get kicked off again,,,i have to say this very nice,,,,
THIS WEATHER STINKS :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!: :cookoo: :%$#!:
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Offline sbfPA_Mike

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2006, 08:53 PM »
Very PC RV, the MOD team thanks you. (The MOD team also feels your frustration.) :'( :'(

Mike :callcops:
I don't like it here, so I will probably be here for a while.........
 @ www.iceshanty.com  @ www.myfishfinder.com
 @ www.myhuntingforum.com[/si

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2006, 08:56 AM »
Hey RV, I'm sure your sleeping. I don't think that there is ice anywhere. Give me a call when you get up.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 14, 2006, 02:05 PM »
hey hithole,,just got back from gander mt......they had a few of those large sleds there,,,,,51 bucks........i just bought some hooks,,which, i had to buy the smaller size b/c they didnt have jack crap to choose from,,,i wanted the red/bleeding hooks.,,and bought 2 more rapala jigging raps..  hey bcjensen,,you still alive? :o

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:33 AM »
RV, did you go to rosie yesterday to check the ice? Cold as heck last night. The water on my pool cover froze over big time. If there was still ice on Rosie that could be a good base to start building more ice. Let me know if you checked the conditions.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 15, 2006, 08:36 AM »
hithole,,gonna make a trip up today,,before the ball games,,,i hope that we had ice still on the lake, and its making more as we speak,,,,,,if it did open up,,we are screwed,,,this wind is horrible,,,,,,,i think lake jean is gonna be ticket for next weekend...not suppose to get above 30 today,,,down to 14 tonight,,  even if we had good ice for today, i'm not so sure i'd be out with this wind,,,lets just hope r.v. was still frooze, and making more ;)

iceshiner

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15, 2006, 02:40 PM »
being the novice I am I was trying to talk to y'all on the other site....
check the page RV had problems with.... once again to all my apologies for not posting on the correct thread ....
I am ready.....I think.... ??? ???

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 15, 2006, 04:01 PM »
doug,,what the hell are you talking about ???,,,have a beer and relax......this post is too BS on,,,,and the r.v.  post is for info,,,and then BS......

iceshiner

« Reply #16 on: Jan 16, 2006, 08:21 AM »
Rose valley your right.... I'm relaxing right now.....
Love this cold weather....Gonna feed deer today....
did you fish this weekend.....
Brent you said ed's working at wal mart?
where in Lew.?
A Job has been the death of a perfectly good sportsman.......and a nagging other half.....

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 16, 2006, 10:21 AM »
making a trip to R.V,,,HERE shortly,.,,,will post a report on here and on the R.V. PAGE,,,,,,,,I JUST HOPE TO SEE ICE,,,,AND IF ITS SAFE,I AM SURE PEOPLE WILL BE FISHING TODAY,,,BEING A HOLIDAY

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 16, 2006, 12:08 PM »
RV did you get to check out rosie yet? I need to find ice. Was checking out the fishing for walley section. SOunds better in the early morning and towards dark. It said to change holes and lures often until you get em to bite. Maybe were too lazy to do that ???
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2006, 04:06 PM »
Iceshiner, RV got kicked off again. I guess he was out of line. I don't think that we will be doing any  :tipup: this weekend. Most ice is shot. Went out back to a pond and it was about 2" of new ice. Didn't look good at all.

Ice hard, go fishing

iceshiner

« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2006, 11:47 AM »
good luck in raybrook....hope you find ice up there...
is there room in a suitcase for tipups? ;D ;D ;D
brent's the man[/move]

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:29 PM »
well,,the week ahead forecast stinks, its gonna be awhile fellas.  OUR ONLY HOPE IS THAT LAKE JEAN MADE IT THROUGH THIS RAIN STORM, IF NOT,,OH MAN,,WE ARE REALLY REALLY DONE :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 18, 2006, 02:23 PM »
RV, your back. You get kicked off this site more times then we go ice fishing.  ;D
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 18, 2006, 04:07 PM »
hey brent, looks good, can you move the auger a bit so the clam lays flat,,,between your stuff and mine,  we need a 4 wheeler or a few dogs ;D ;D

jeff, did you check out those sleds at gander???

brent,,can you tell me where to read about how to post a pic or give me directions how.  i made a few mods myself.  next step is to paint or stain the sled. :o :o
and,

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:40 PM »
Yea I went to gander, a few sled's left but no price break. Mike told me to wait until mid feb. I don't know what will be left then but I'm going to wait.
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Brent pretty impressive sled and tip ups. That guy must be loaded with money. Hey, did you try to pull your sled anywhere? we'll need 2 ft of ice just so you don't fall through. ;D ;D
Ice hard, go fishing

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:30 PM »
10-4

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 19, 2006, 03:25 PM »
man, was it finally cold this morning.  we make it through sunday, we might be good,,low temps starting monday are in the mid 20's :o :o,,  hopefully someone reports on lake jean soon, it might be our only hope for the weekend.  anyone have any suggestions for the weekend, or do i have to sit home and get my jag on by myself again?? ;) ;) ;) ;)  can only modify the sled and fiddle with the tip ups so much now....

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2006, 03:06 PM »
let me go watch the weather channel again,,,  my only concern is that its suppose to be windy as @#@#

Offline hithole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Hey hardwater team, we can't quit if there's ice. Let's hit it. Rain will probably be snow up there. I've seen some pretty crazy weather up at jean. Beer freezing in the can and everything. The 15 day forcast is calling fo pretty cold temps up north. We should be good in about 2 weeks for local fishing. Let me know guys, I want to hit it too.
Ice hard, go fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.