The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA Get Together  (Read 20010 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
NEPA Get Together
« on: Oct 26, 2012, 09:15 PM »
I saw that there is a get together for the members but it's at Lake Arthur, which is near Pittburg.  As much as I'd like to go it's just too far for me and I'm sure others as well.  I am suggesting we make a get together for the members from Northeastern Pa.  Is anyone interested and or have suggestions of a place that has good fishing and has enough space for us?

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEPA Get Together
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:17 AM »
im with you chris.maybe we can get one in or around wayne county for us NEPA GUYS.i bet some guys from NY.  would show too.

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • T7 Custom Rods, CatchEmAll Custom jigs
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2012, 01:46 PM »
There talking about one maybee at Hills Creek this year. Last year they had it at walker with basically no ice and they had said next year they might have to go north. CoolJ has been getting them around the last couple of years but I haven't seen him on yet.
Be safe & Tight lines...........Wiley

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2012, 02:35 AM »
Where is Hills Creek and what county?

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:35 AM »
Hills creek is just east of Mansfield in Tioga county. :tipup:

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:53 AM »
TWO HOUR RIDE FOR ME. NOT ALL THAT BAD.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:03 AM »
Hey Chez, I'm thinking of two words.............ROAD TRIP :tipup:

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 2012, 05:36 AM »
There talking about one maybee at Hills Creek this year. Last year they had it at walker with basically no ice and they had said next year they might have to go north. CoolJ has been getting them around the last couple of years but I haven't seen him on yet.
I sent coolJ a text letting him know  that you guys were talking about a get together.  I was reading about the one near pittsburg.  Dec 16 might mean dragging a boat over , or fishing from shore ?   

Hills Creek is nice, and  if Marshrat gets online, he can  keep us posted on ice conditions.   He  has  access to a camp  we could bunk in  if you want to make it a weekend road trip.  probably room to bunk  15-20 guys,   but it would  have to be after deer season.   Its nice to be talking hardwater fishing already ---  heading to North  Carolina next week for  a seatrout/red drum   trip !

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 31, 2012, 06:46 AM »
Thanks FBR, I figured he might be coming on soon.

Last year we went there a coupleof times cuz it was really the only place with safe ice around here. Tackleshack will keep peeps posted also, he saved me alot of gas last year with  his reports on the lake, he owns a Bait & tackle place just north of Wellsboro. We had roughly 9 - 10 guys meet up ther last year for the heck of it. Met some new faces caught some nice fish and hung out for about 10 hours that day, also got a ticket that morning for rolling through a stop sign at the Mansfield exit off of Rt. 15 at 6 in the morning !!!! Really? That still bugs me to this day, lol.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:45 AM »
Hey Chez, I'm thinking of two words.............ROAD TRIP :tipup:
im with you brother.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2012, 07:22 PM »
Another idea of where we can go would be the Prompton Dam or Lake Wallenpaupak.

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2012, 09:17 AM »
Hey nobody said there has to be just one. Once we get some ice we can maybee have a couple of get togethers on different lakes. Good way to see new faces and meet new peeps that are just as crazy as ourselves. ;D ;D :tipup:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2012, 11:57 AM »
Wiley, I agree with you we should try to have a few different ones because some people may not be able to make it to one or it maybe farther than someone wants to drive.  Doing a few  everyone has a chance to make it to at least one that would be more convenient to him or her.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2012, 03:07 PM »
that seems to be my problem,every time theres a tournament or get togeather its seems I get stuck working,but it pays the bills so I got to do what I got to do.and I usually get to fish during the week and thats fine to because sometimes theres lots of people on the ice on the weekends and limits where you can fish at times

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:41 AM »
prompton is a great lake to have it.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »
I was thinking that would be a good spot since there's lots of room there for everyone to spread out and have a pretty good chance at getting some fish.

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 03, 2012, 08:56 PM »
There was good ice on promton last year and plenty of parking, It would be closer to more people.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2012, 09:41 PM »
Lots of parking and close is a big help to a lot of people, me included.  I was just outside and it's 32 degrees with lots of snow flurries.  Boy O Boy does that make me excited.  Anyone have an idea of when we'd like to do this.  We could start out with which day, Saturday or Sunday would be the best for most people.  Please post which of the two would be better for you, either is good for me.

Offline chez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:47 AM »
MAYBE TWO GATHERINGS.so that most guys interested in going can make it.split the state east and west.i know a bunch of guys from NY would go to one in the wayne county area. PROMPTON, DUCK HARBOR,or BELLMONT maybe.all pretty nice lakes, and all of these lakes usally have ice early and the last to melt.JUST AN IDEA.

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Week ends are allways good for most peeps, myself included. The only ting that takes me outta the equasion is if I have a gig that night, other than that I'll more than likely be there.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 05, 2012, 08:50 AM »
belmont is a decent lake and there is lots of parking,I have a friend that lives just above stillwater dam we hunt the property on the far side of the lake,he keeps me posted on the ice conditions  in that area,they have had snow on the ground there allready

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:10 PM »
That's good to know and a spot we can have one of the get togethers for sure.  In my opinion a few relatively close get togethers would be best for everyone.  That way guys can pick the closest or most convenient one for them.

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #22 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:21 PM »
 ;D it all sounds great but most hardwater fishing people dont get involved till after hunting season just my 2 cents worth

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Nov 05, 2012, 07:27 PM »
I know that and wouldn't give up my hunting for anything not even, dare I say, for ice fishing.  But there are Sundays.   ;D

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 06, 2012, 01:37 AM »
if your ever at belmont bring your rifle and hunting licence,theres alot of coyotes up there and the the back side property was just timberd last year so if theres snow on the ground you will see them,last year there was a run going right across the lake about 200 yards up from the launch,

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Nov 06, 2012, 03:27 AM »
That's good to know and I sure will bring my rifle.  Getting a coyote is just as good as limiting out on fish.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Nov 08, 2012, 09:18 PM »
Anyone have a preference of which day, Saturday or Sunday?  Also any suggestions on where to go besides Belmont, Prompton, and The Paupack?

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 08, 2012, 11:45 PM »
lackawanna state park,I fish there alot the fishin isnt to bad there either

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Nov 08, 2012, 11:53 PM »
Ok so to keep an updarted list for places to go so far we have Belmont, Prompton, the Paupack, and Lackawanna State Park.  Any other places and what days does everyone prefer?

Offline wileyc3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 09, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Laugh it up digger but for a brief moment you were wondering what you did wrong when you seen those lights coming up be hind ya, lol !!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.