The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: 5th Annual Northeast/Northcentral PA Get Together!  (Read 15206 times)

Offline wigglyworm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 5th Annual Northeast/Northcentral PA Get Together!
« Reply #240 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:50 AM »
Hope everyone has a great day on the ice. Sounds like it is going to be lots of fun.

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #241 on: Jan 22, 2011, 02:58 PM »
   What a fantastic day on the ice! No fish but great people ! Were gonna get togetther again this year at rose vally ! as soon as i can figure out how to post my  npics , Ill put them on ! Thanks again guys and gals , Newberry

Offline newberry kid

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #242 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:10 PM »
 Hats off to geo and the rest of the boys !!!!!! cant wait till the next 1! maybe Icy Jay wont be sick!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #243 on: Jan 22, 2011, 04:18 PM »
coulnt make it, so you all did'nt do very good fishing?

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #244 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Montour is tough through the ice.  Some perch and crappie and a nice bass all saw the topside today!  The Get Together in my opinion isn't really about the fishing as much as it is getting out with some old friends and meeting some new ones!  Gfisher95 and I had a great time today and hope all who came out did as well.  I would once again like to thank Blue Heron Sports in Milton for their donation of 2 gift certificates, Clarks Wiggly Worm in Penns Creek for the rod and reel combo and the jigs and bait package, and a surprise donation from Byron and Clam Corp. for the rod and reel combo, hats and gloves that they provided!  Byron also brought along a nice stack of The Northeast Ice Fisherman paper.  Always a good read for information about upcoming NEIT events and articles with tips and tricks to help you put more fish on the ice!  Ask for it at your favorite bait and tackle shops!  I would also like to thank my son, gfisher95 for making the A-bomb jigs to give as prizes, he really does nice work on them.  It was decided that next years event should be at Walker Lake.  This will be the southernmost point for a Get Together in the events history.  Walker Lake is a good panfishing lake and should provide us with some nice action!  ( better hide your tree Fred!)  The Ice Pirates will steal it!  LOL  
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #245 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:47 PM »
Today was a great day for memories,  about the only thing i did right today was show up on time,  starts off with, i forgot the top for the canopy so we rigged up a tarp the best we could.

there were quite a few people on the lake today every body had a great time

and it was cold the steam was freezing right out of the cup of coffee

here is Byon with a fish.

and 300 wsm

and the prize winners....... Special thanks to Bryon,Blue Heron & the Wiggly Worm. for all your support.

the biggest fish of the day

and the food was outstanding

another great outting see you all next year.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #246 on: Jan 22, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Thank you John for being the photographer!  You always tell the story so well with your pictures! 

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #247 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:06 PM »
Just an awesome time, and there was also walleye iced today also by skipper4080. I only fished about a half hour cause I was just to busy yapping and eating. There was lots of good food! Already looking forward to next year, hopefully we can make it again.

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #248 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Thats right Wild!  Sorry Skipper, I forgot your walleye!  I'm glad you had a good time Wild, and thank you for bringing the fryer and the fish!  Now that was awesome! 

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #249 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:17 PM »
The walleye and pike I cooked came from that lake ;D I figured it was only fitting to have some of the "fruits of labor" from there today :)

Offline john t.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #250 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:35 PM »
Thank you John for being the photographer!  You always tell the story so well with your pictures! 
Any time,,,,,,, Do you think Cooljordon and April will let me do there Wedding :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline jitterbug

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #251 on: Jan 22, 2011, 06:40 PM »
This is the first outing I was able to get to and it was a lot of fun.  Wound up with 2 small perch but it was nice to meet some of the people I only knew by there usernames.  It was nice to put a face with the names.  I want to thank everyone that made this event happen, if you didn't make it you missed a good time.  Hope I can make it again next year  

Offline skipper4080

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #252 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:09 PM »
I had a good time, I'm gonna try and make Walker next year.
Never get excited there's a reason for everything,I just don't know what it is??

Offline 300_wsm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #253 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:30 PM »
i had a very good time!!! good to put faces to screen names. i was one of the verrrrrrry lucky few to ice a fish but i ate good!!! ;D thanks everybody and cant wait til walker next year. i hope my crappies dont move. lol i left here today and went to walker and iced 4 in about 40 minutes and the wife got cold so we left.

Offline iceman clem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • catch all kind of fish big and small
« Reply #254 on: Jan 22, 2011, 07:49 PM »
i would like to say my gang had a good time the bite could have been better but thats why they call it fishing and not catching and the food was great and the new stove did not blow up  ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #255 on: Jan 22, 2011, 08:30 PM »
Yeah the stove worked great for those breakfast sandwiches! Good job!

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #256 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:27 PM »
Nice meeting you guys again April and I had a blast. Wild, those fillets were tasty!

Thanks again Eric for your donations they were appreciated. You better get the wiggly worm all stocked up for next year ;) Can't wait til next year, it will be nice to have the get together on my home lake :)

Offline justaDub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #257 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Well folks. I just wanted to say one last time,it was great meeting all of you. I had a great time just meeting a hole bunch of great people. I can't wait to see you guys on the ice. Just let me know sometime and maybe you folks will make it down to my neck of the Ice :-) Its always great to show different people my local fishing. Drop me a line sometime and i will do my best to take to the best spots i know. Once again Thank you all for your kindness and letting me come to the GTG. Hopefully soon i will be coming back to the North and hitting some sudjested lakes. Take care and be safe.                                   
                                                                  Justin

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #258 on: Jan 22, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Looked like a fun time!!! When will the North west get a turn?
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #259 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:05 AM »
it was a great time greaT PRIZES DONATED  goooooooooooooood foood
good people thanks to all the people who donated the prizes
and awesome news paper by byran THE NORTHEAST ICEFISHERMAN  pick one up today or get a subscription great reaDING GREAT ARTICLES
the place is picked by the people who show upand its put to a vote so get your buns out to the next one who knows it might be that way if everybody agrees ;D ;D

Offline wigglyworm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #260 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Nice meeting you guys again April and I had a blast. Wild, those fillets were tasty!

Thanks again Eric for your donations they were appreciated. You better get the wiggly worm all stocked up for next year ;) Can't wait til next year, it will be nice to have the get together on my home lake :)

Thanks, I'm glad everyone enjoyed the outing. It looks like it was a great time. We will try to have everything ready for next year when everyone comes to Walker. When you come over again I would like to hear about next years plans for the outing and what???? maybe a wedding.   

Offline draketrutta

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #261 on: Jan 24, 2011, 01:48 AM »
I regret not making the outing. All my gear was packed Friday and I even bought the taters and sausage.
Then my fuel pump crapped out on my truck.

I spent a good part of Saturday at the mechanics shop as he changed out the pump - then handed him $530.
Oh well, I was planning on the tax refund for icefishing/roaming gas $.
Poof!! It's Already Gone- such is life!! LOL

To pour salt in my wound - I cooked up the sausage today, had a couple sandwiches and a beer, then passed out right before the Steelers Game. Woke up at midnite - never saw a single play !!

Hope to catch you folks on the rebound or another event..

later

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #262 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:20 AM »
I regret not making the outing. All my gear was packed Friday and I even bought the taters and sausage.
Then my fuel pump crapped out on my truck.

I spent a good part of Saturday at the mechanics shop as he changed out the pump - then handed him $530.
Oh well, I was planning on the tax refund for icefishing/roaming gas $.
Poof!! It's Already Gone- such is life!! LOL

To pour salt in my wound - I cooked up the sausage today, had a couple sandwiches and a beer, then passed out right before the Steelers Game. Woke up at midnite - never saw a single play !!

Hope to catch you folks on the rebound or another event..

later

Its ok drake, and I thought our morning sucked!. We woke up went to leave and noticed we had a flat tire, so we put the spare on and had to go to steve shannons to get the other one fixed, but we finally got there :%$#!:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #263 on: Jan 24, 2011, 06:28 PM »
Yeah and I thought I was having a bad day forgeting the minnows at home ::) But then again I was having a good time talking and snacking that I only fished about a half hour anyway  ;D

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #264 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:02 PM »
its not like you needed minnows any how :P

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #265 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:33 PM »
We could have put the minnows in the deep fryer!   With that breading anything would have tasted good!

Offline cooljordan

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The fish slayer \m/
« Reply #266 on: Jan 24, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Yea know one even knew it was carp!

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #267 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:22 AM »
 ::) ::) :whistle: ;)2

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #268 on: Jan 25, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Well guys, I noticed they removed the "sticky" on this thread.  It will slowly disappear into the abyss of PA threads and will be gone, but not forgotten!  Thanks to all who came out for being there and being a part of the memories.  Thanks again to everyone who brought something to share.  Without you guys, there would be some hungry fisherman on the ice!  And a big thank you to those who provided the prizes.  The Blue Heron in Milton, Clarks Wiggly Worm in Penns Creek, Byron with toys from Clam Corp., and gfisher95 for making the A-Bomb jigs!  Next years event will be on Walker Lake!  Should be a good opportunity to catch some pannies, and for those early risers maybe some big toothies!  Have a great remainder to your ice season and as always, Tightlines and Safe Ice to you All! 

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #269 on: Jan 25, 2011, 05:27 PM »
Well guys, I noticed they removed the "sticky" on this thread.  It will slowly disappear into the abyss of PA threads and will be gone, but not forgotten

Wait, it can't go yet, I Haven't responded............. ...................... as if that matters

Like many others, I really did not fish hard and stayed around the food - thanks for the food, the chili and fish all rocked, not to mention the sausage. I always feel bad about not bringing food, but hope some prizes help compensate for the fact that I'm a food moocher.

It was really good to put names and faces together. wildoutdoors and company, 300wsm, clem, digger, jitterbug, justadub and the very cool Jordon and company, along with those I forget already (the guy from glendale??)- it happens when you get old.

A special thanks to Geo................... ....and a hope I'll see you all next year.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.