The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: IFPA tournaments chat area  (Read 22089 times)

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
Re: IFPA tournaments chat area
« Reply #90 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Dave bring it on lol :P
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 10, 2011, 02:14 PM »
Since some of you have asked, regestration for the Beechwood event begins at 3:30 on Friday with the mandatory rules meeting begining at 4:30. Both at The Antlers Inn.
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 16, 2011, 10:04 AM »
Well, there were several IceShanty rgulars who did well in our tournament on Beechwood lake this past weekend, on to New Yorks Oneida Lake in two weeks.

I have listed the teams that made the money here, complete results will be posted on the "results / points"  page of our website within the next couple days.

A total of $2040 was collected in entry fees, and thanks to our sponsors a total of $2860 was paid out in door prizes, cash awards and bonus prizes.

1st - Mike Kuna (Wall Hanger) / Bob Griffith (Bob G) - 5.56lbs - $700.00 + $500.00 Clam Bucks
2nd - Fred Janiec (The Spud)/ Ron Wagner (Ronbo) - 5.44lbs - $400.00
3rd - Dave Harrison (btechvft70) / John Comstock - 5.42lbs - $140.00
4th - Jeff Snyder / Chris Durfee - 5.32lbs - $120.00 + Underwater Camera valued @$400.00
Big Fish - Ryan Barns (Iceaddiction)/ Charles Shuemaker - .75lbs - $340.00
5th - Chris Neal (Marshrat) / Evan Perry - Hopper Bucket Rig, valued @ $110.00

80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 16, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Our next event is up at Oneida I encourage anybody who has the slightest interest to come out and give it a shot you dont need a million dollars of equipment so dont be intimidated all of the competitiors are friendly. It's a great chance to come out and show off you skills and possibly win some money or some of the other great prizes.
Dave

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #94 on: Jan 18, 2011, 10:23 PM »
dave: fred and i were 2nd and u and comstock were 3rd marshrat was 5th hummmmmmmm bring it on dave  ???

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #95 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:56 PM »
Byron,  thanks for putting together such a fun outing, tim and I are in for sure next year.  we really enjoyed it.  there are alot of good fishermen for compitition.

thanks to everyone for taking it easy and busting our balls when we weighed in all our dinks.......all we can do is move up next year.   

It was nice to meat some new faces and put some faces with names on old IS (MIke. Bob, Chris and Fred.)  fred it was to meet up again.... maybe next time it will be under different circumstance and we could talk and fish at the same time in stead of one or the other.   

Sorry Ronbo Maybe net time ill be able to put a face to your name.

Good luck this on the rest of the tourneys....  Congratulations Mike and Bob

Jiggerman (Dave)

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #96 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:45 PM »
u should go fish oneida in 2 weeks

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #97 on: Jan 19, 2011, 10:31 PM »
unless I come into some cash I probably wont be fishing in the rest of the tournaments.  I am goin to budget next year for atleast two o fthe tournies and if we place in the money then there might be more in the cards. 

I get laid off in the winter so there is plenty of time to fish but not enough money to do it. 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #98 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:59 AM »
was good to meet you as well Jiggerman you can blame me for giving you all those shots the night before the tourney and you being hung over :P
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #99 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Who is fishing Kahle? 
live to fish, fish to live

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 31, 2011, 04:54 PM »
I will be there chad as long as I can follow you to the fish
Dave

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #101 on: Jan 31, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Thats it im not fishing this one.   ::) j/k  The 10ft is being changed to 50ft for this tourny ;D.  I knew you would, its in your blood now.  So did the belt brake or stretch?  Thank god Oniada was not this coming weekend, that would have been WAY worse. 

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:44 AM »
the belt snapped yea oneida would have really sucked if it was this weekend
Dave

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #103 on: Feb 01, 2011, 04:45 PM »
is it fixed yet ready for silver

Offline WildOutdoorAddict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Owner NEPL, Pro-Staff for PK Lures & Bobby Garland
« Reply #104 on: Feb 01, 2011, 05:49 PM »
What's the final results for Oneida?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 01, 2011, 06:01 PM »
yea ronbo it will be ready to go but I am bringing a sled up to silver I think they are supposed to get a good amount of snow this week.
Dave

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #106 on: Feb 01, 2011, 09:55 PM »
yea ronbo it will be ready to go but I am bringing a sled up to silver I think they are supposed to get a good amount of snow this week.
maybe ill just stay home then ;D

Offline Ronbo

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • fish hog
« Reply #107 on: Feb 01, 2011, 10:03 PM »
What's this I hear about a Walker tournament?  ??? ??? ???
feb 20

Offline flyboyroy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:39 AM »
I think they are just messing with ya, Ronbo.   If  I remember  right,  they have a tourny on some other lake that week.

--- but if   eyes, cool jordan, and wsm 300 were fishing walker that week --  it would be  a lot like the All Star game  :-)

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #109 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:27 AM »
no really fly boy roy there is a tourny that day at walker!!!!! supposed to be somewhere else but it got changed to here for some reason, so yes lOok out it will be an all-star day on walker, come join us why dont you?.!!! good luck good fishin be safe have fun,     EYEFISHERMAN    D.T.
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:31 AM »
It seems maybe silver was spared a little and got alot less so mayb I will be taking the quad ron
Dave

icewagon

« Reply #111 on: Feb 02, 2011, 06:47 AM »
Ya as if this small lake don't get enough fishing pressure , lets have a tourney  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline Polar Bear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Feb 02, 2011, 08:40 AM »
Ya as if this small lake don't get enough fishing pressure , lets have a tourney  :cookoo: :
All the ice pro's will clean that small lake out

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #113 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Uh oh I think the tourney struck a chord? Let the great debate begin.... LOL
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline btechvft70

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:26 AM »
theres nothing that a debate is going to solve there are guys for tournaments and guys against them I guess thats how it's always going to be. I just urge anyone that is against to come out and give it a chance even if you dont fish come out and see what it is about there will be some of the best fisherman in the east there you never know what you might learn and you just might change your mind.
Dave

Offline beerthirty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #115 on: Feb 02, 2011, 10:33 AM »
I'm not doubting that.... I just was stating i felt there would be some debate... I have never had anything against tourney fishing as i did for many years on the river and lakes.... I just know that sometimes people that dont believe in them get pretty ticked....
got fish? got beer? anyone see dr beam?

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #116 on: Feb 02, 2011, 12:45 PM »
You got it icewagon a 20 fish limit per team(2guys) one day a year compaired to a guy that may fish only one lake a year is worse.  That guy will keep a 6.5"gill or 8"crappie b/c he's hell bent on keeping his limit of 50. I have seen it a hundred times.  So I guess we can expect to see the four Pa tourny lakes crash in fish populations right?  So why were are winning weights heavier at are first toury of the year, then last year? ??? ???   

Offline eyefishermandt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • CAPTAIN OF THE F.O.P. ICE FISHING TEAM.
« Reply #117 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:21 PM »
You got it icewagon a 20 fish limit per team(2guys) one day a year compaired to a guy that may fish only one lake a year is worse.  That guy will keep a 6.5"gill or 8"crappie b/c he's hell bent on keeping his limit of 50. I have seen it a hundred times.  So I guess we can expect to see the four Pa tourny lakes crash in fish populations right?  So why were are winning weights heavier at are first toury of the year, then last year? ??? ???   
;D ;D ;D ;) ;)
DONALD T WITMER III                                 Pro staff for Catch em all custom jigs, ACE custom rods, Contraband baits, Bonehead Tackle, Rhyno custom jigs,  And Expedition outdoors!

icewagon

« Reply #118 on: Feb 02, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I'm against icefishing electronics and tourneys .I think if you want them - no problem have them on a PRIVATE lake.not public waters !!!!!!!!!

Offline paicenut

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #119 on: Feb 02, 2011, 05:13 PM »
If you are not for tournamant that fine, but to say that we are hurting the fish population ?????  If you fish from a boat chances there is a fishfinder on it, if you have fished on charter boat or headboat you got to the fish by gps/fishfinder.  As far as flashers,camera's, gps etc, that is all I am saying.  It is a free country.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.