New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Rumors of allowing Seven Tipups ?  (Read 7064 times)

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Rumors of allowing Seven Tipups ?
« Reply #90 on: Mar 05, 2015, 05:18 AM »
If you ask me, the "losing one line" argument is kinda silly. How much difference is it really gonna make? I mean, can anyone honestly say "boy, if I only had one more line I would have.................. ....." (fill in the blank). For any halfway decent fishermen, one less line ain't gonna matter.
Plus, the three hand line rule has only been in effect for a couple years so its not like anyone is losing something they have had forever.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #91 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:18 PM »
If you ask me, the "losing one line" argument is kinda silly. How much difference is it really gonna make? I mean, can anyone honestly say "boy, if I only had one more line I would have.................. ....." (fill in the blank).

Boy if I only had one more like I would have 10 more yards of fishing space to myself!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline davejohnson2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Mar 08, 2015, 08:33 PM »
As far as real estate problems, we should feel fortunate not Many vt anglers have set up on our waters. I've seen where they drill out an acre or 2 in a grid pattern. They set up about 30-40 tip downs locking down a huge section. They then will choose what ones they want to use for the day. Leaving 8 set and the rest holding the spot they want. These tip downs stay out all season. A serious hazard to night snowmobiles. I try to be respectful and give proper distance, however tip ups over a perch bed don't stop me from first asking if it's cool to fish the area, and then fishing it, regardless of the answer. I think it's great that we are allowed 7 devices, bummer we are losing a line in the water but I never liked leaving a jig rod out. Makes me nervous thinking the drag will freeze up and good by rod and reel.

when you get a group of guys with 25 tip ups out covering 5 acres where i want to fish you aint keeping me from the spot unless you set land mines! lol public water i can fish where i want hell we have been in a 5 yard by 5 yard area with 4 other shantys before lol, people cant expect to hold down that big of an area on a lake to themselves. now if its just one guy jigging with a couple tip ups out i will respect his space

Offline EatenByLimestone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Mar 09, 2015, 06:08 PM »
when you get a group of guys with 25 tip ups out covering 5 acres where i want to fish you aint keeping me from the spot unless you set land mines! lol public water i can fish where i want hell we have been in a 5 yard by 5 yard area with 4 other shantys before lol, people cant expect to hold down that big of an area on a lake to themselves. now if its just one guy jigging with a couple tip ups out i will respect his space

My dog takes care of the land mines around the perimeter.   ;D

Other than that, we'd probably feed you if you came up and chatted.

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Mar 09, 2015, 07:02 PM »
I'd fish elsewhere, that crap does not sound enjoyable. And for what?

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #95 on: Mar 09, 2015, 07:06 PM »
There's a proposed season on Sasquatch and jet skis still in consideration. Hope those pass :-\

7 lines, 8 lines....multiple trebles, tipupdowns, Jackjaws, wizard fishers...........boy, I gotta get with the times. I still use a rod and reel :-\

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #96 on: Mar 13, 2015, 09:43 AM »
NEW REGS 2015

•Streamlining what devices may be used for ice fishing by modifying the statewide regulation to allow for a total of seven devices that may be used to fish through the ice; as well as allow for a total of 15 devices that many be used to fish through the ice at Lake Champlain.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/f77fe6
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline gauglerb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:35 AM »
NEW REGS 2015

•Streamlining what devices may be used for ice fishing by modifying the statewide regulation to allow for a total of seven devices that may be used to fish through the ice; as well as allow for a total of 15 devices that many be used to fish through the ice at Lake Champlain.

http://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/f77fe6

Rumor, confirmed.   ;D

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Mar 17, 2015, 11:15 AM »
OK,  I spoke directly to a DEC Region 5 fisheries biologist this morning. The regulation change allowing 7 lines of any combination for ice fishing HAS been passed and adopted. Its IS NOT in effect at this time. It will go in to effect April 1, 2015 when the new regulations guides are printed.

Hopefully this clears up the confusion and debate, But I doubt it!!! ;D

Looks like will be able to use the new rule this ice season. Until the 30th of April if the ice were to last that long.

Offline sofreddyco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Mar 17, 2015, 07:59 PM »
Here is the link from dec. All the changes take effect April 1 2015. Yes no more confusion 7 lines per person in any combination. Many other changes listed as well. http://www.dec.ny.gov/press/101039.html

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #101 on: Mar 19, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Thank you for the updates guys!   :thumbsup:

Offline gauglerb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:13 AM »
Anyone testing out the new regulation this week/weekend for 7 tipups???  I might find some safe ice yet next weekend.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:19 AM »
Absolutely! Can't wait! Going on the 2nd in the mid 40's when they're actually bitin!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #104 on: Mar 30, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Just remember this new regulation does not affect border waters so make sure you check the special regulations for boarder waters if you fish one

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #105 on: Aug 20, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Done deal. 7 lines any device.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.