New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: park station  (Read 1025 times)

Offline ronwhtgmc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • the thicker the better
park station
« on: Dec 20, 2005, 05:23 PM »
I drilled a hole at park station tonight (remember the drama last year?) there was about 5 inches of good ice  with 2-3 inches of frozen snow/ice on top. Hopefully the powers that be will be a little more reasonable with the icefisherman this year!!
don't mind me...I'm just an icehole

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
Re: park station
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 07:57 PM »
I drilled a hole at park station tonight (remember the drama last year?) there was about 5 inches of good ice  with 2-3 inches of frozen snow/ice on top. Hopefully the powers that be will be a little more reasonable with the icefisherman this year!!
Hello again Ron. It's good to see that I'm not the only guy concerned about the fate of Park Station again this year. I just sat down to email Santulli's office after calling the park's # and getting a message when I thought I'd check the Shanty first. I hope all the good folks who fought the good fight last year are prepared to do it again if need be.  And I think we should start hammering on him to have the park opened at sunrise the same as for hunting hours etc. There is no reason we Ice fishermen should have to wait until Rocky ranger has his morning coffee to start drilling holes. We're missing one of the peak feeding times because of it........ >:(...WANNAKETCHUM
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Offline ronwhtgmc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • the thicker the better
Re: park station
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I hope it doesn't have to get ugly this year. I have alot of other places to fish but park station can be a GREAT fishery. it is also a matter of principle. After we get the place open earlier, and allow eletric motors, We should start hammering on them about aldridge lake. I bet there is MONSTER trout in there after years of stocking and only shore fishing allowed. I thought about fishing it with a "snow camo" shanty!! ;D
don't mind me...I'm just an icehole

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.