New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: new ice fishing equipment  (Read 7330 times)

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
new ice fishing equipment
« on: Oct 17, 2011, 05:33 PM »
well stores are starting to fill up with ice fishing gear.  what is on everyones list to get before we get to hit the great hard water?  I know I am planning on a 36" plus medium action rod for my new shanty that has plenty of real estate.  A humminbird ice 345. (might be a xmas present).  A performance pack for my showdown troller with a battery,  new line and Im sure I will buy a bunch more lures that I dont need.  I have to go to auburn for work tomorrow so i would imagine I will be dropping into BPS.  who knows what I will come out with but If I know myself it wont be empty handed.   ;D

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: new ice fishing equipment
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:53 AM »
Two more reels for the rods I have acquired over the "off season". I would like to get a new two man shanty...a flip over idk which brand yet. To wrap it up I am only asking Santa for that Aqua-vu micro, that's all I want for Christmas. This is all that's left of that long wish list. lol

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011, 02:41 PM »
already been pickin up jigs here and there..i want a new rod/reel combo..me and my uncle are going in on a new shanty and i am thinkin a showdown
ice fishing for life

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2011, 05:26 PM »
picked up a dual beam showdown and a automatic fisherman and a cover for jet sled suv thinking maybe a palm reel or 2
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2011, 06:21 PM »
think a pair of micro spikes are in my future best ice spikes i have ever seen ,maybe a new graph to, this ol boy needs all the help he can get the young guys are knocking on the door but i did find some very hard jigs to come by for the eyes old guys need an edge you know  ::)

Offline Big Fortin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2011, 06:50 PM »
I am good now i got a sled and a dogsled this spring cant wait to try it all out

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:55 PM »
  Arriving anyday now will be a Normark 6" fin-bore micro folding auger. Looking forward to trying that out since I somehow lost the 8" strickmaster lazer? IDK where that went mid season..
  And hopefully a sled,...never had one.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #7 on: Oct 18, 2011, 09:05 PM »
  Arriving anyday now will be a Normark 6" fin-bore micro folding auger. Looking forward to trying that out since I somehow lost the 8" strickmaster lazer? IDK where that went mid season..
  And hopefully a sled,...never had one.

I also got one of the Normark Micro's.....very sweet auger...I have added a few new custom rods to the rod case, replacing all the store bought ones I have gotten rid of.....all that is left is a few more packs of plastics and some runners for my FT Scout !  6 weeks to go !

Offline ICE_MONKEY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:44 PM »
picked up a dual beam showdown and a automatic fisherman and a cover for jet sled suv thinking maybe a palm reel or 2
Let us know how you like the auto fisherman. I seen a video on it and it looks pretty sweet. Wonder if it would be considered a tip up/ tip down.

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:19 AM »
think a pair of micro spikes are in my future best ice spikes i have ever seen ,maybe a new graph to, this ol boy needs all the help he can get the young guys are knocking on the door but i did find some very hard jigs to come by for the eyes old guys need an edge you know  ::)

everyone wants a peice of you and snag fillet.  ha ha.  what kinda graph you looking at?

Offline stoutbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • In ice we trust... sometimes
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:36 AM »
2 more windlass tip ups. A sled for gear. That is about it. Made a big investment last year Marcum and Gas auger.
Tight lines and safe fishing.

Offline SINX53

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:36 AM »
Going to be getting myself a new flip over this year. I plan on going with the Otter Wild Cottage. Probably will add some new jigs and spoons to my collection and maybe a new rod and reel. I did pick up a couple of Frabill Classic tip ups still in the box at a garage sale this summer.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:16 PM »
everyone wants a peice of you and snag fillet.  ha ha.  what kinda graph you looking at?

Lowrance hds5,

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:24 PM »
I got my Mustang Survival flotation bomber jacket and bibs in the mail today.  Good deal from ebay. 

Offline pikemaster0607

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • when in doubt go ice fishing
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:31 PM »
think im set on jigs for the upcoming season just picked up a few more today..may pick up a few pimples..next on the list is a new rod a reel
ice fishing for life

Offline justfine

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NOW THIS IS FUN!!!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Let us know how you like the auto fisherman. I seen a video on it and it looks pretty sweet. Wonder if it would be considered a tip up/ tip down.
i can tell you now they work great my friend has them started with 1 three years back last year  5 they have a great hook up rate I'd say there tip ups Green jeans never said different while checking us I've made some of the slammers but the auto just works better we fish mostly pike with them but have got perch gills and crappie on them

click
HAPPINESS IS BLOOD ON THE ICE!!!!

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Lowrance hds5,

i got a reeds catalog.  that new marcum lx7 is awesome.  I really like that but not sure about 700.00 like.  they have x67c for 250.00 i think that is a great deal on those.  might have to consider that over the humminbird 345

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:31 PM »
ok so i went to bps today in auburn.  ended up buying 2 poles, 2 raps, some fire ice line by berkley, 2 rod holders for the clam, and a cherry coke.  they are getting lots of stuff out and more to come

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:40 PM »

It came today! Blades not as razor sharp as I thought but time will tell !

Offline bigfish54

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I live for this!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 20, 2011, 10:12 AM »
upgraded to the vex propack FL-20, Dont think I will be buying much else besides some line  :)

Offline frankrizzo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Oct 20, 2011, 12:49 PM »
Got new Otter lodge shack, Vexilar fish scout camera, Tri-beam ducer and new auger for this up coming year. Its been a crazy year for me buying stuff. Lots of OT and side jobs fueled my passion and bank account.

Offline Zern

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21, 2011, 08:44 AM »
I picked up and otter oneman flip over from Reeds. Not the thermal tho. Can't wait to use it! Also picked some other odds and ends. Still need to get a couple of new reels.
"Not One Step Back!"- General Leopold
May Your Blades Never Dull!

Offline Harper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2011, 02:23 PM »
I'm looking to buy an Eskimo 2-man flip-over ice shanty. I found one on the internet for $399 w/free shipping. I have a Clam Expedition Hub that I don't care for, so I'll keep it for a spare!
Harper's Tip-Up Inn

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 22, 2011, 11:55 AM »
As soon as they are in Reeds is sending me a LX-7.......CAN'T WAIT TO USE IT !!!!  LOOK OUT EYES!

luv2fish2

« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2011, 12:08 PM »
this year i picked up bearcat long track sled and a six wheeler do know which one to use thinkin early ice 6 wheeler,  snow comes sled oh yeah got an eskimo z51 power auger end of ice season at bass pro on closeout  ;D ;D ;D come on ice

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:09 PM »
I'm gonna get a otter wild lodge. The clam Yukon I got last year just didn't hold up. Also lookin to get a couple of Thorne bros rods. Hoping to get a aqua vu micro do my b day. Think ive and tight lines ya'll
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Oct 22, 2011, 06:48 PM »
pulled the trigger on an Arctic cat 4 wheeler.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Oct 23, 2011, 11:35 AM »
good for you i have 1 thats 7 yrs old and only cost me 300.00 to fix, enjoy  :thumbsup:

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Oct 23, 2011, 06:44 PM »
hopefully we will have a winter where we can use four wheelers.  I got a sled this year because last year was so slushy but will see. 

Offline dewey123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Oct 23, 2011, 08:33 PM »
the gander mountain in tonawanda ny has started to put out ice fishing stuff. I did my rounds and climbed in all the huts and tested them out, played with the fishing poles and all the accessories. Only maybe half of the stuff is out but enough to get me going. I picked up a medium sized otter sport sled, a new set of blades and a blade sharpener. The blade sharpener didnt really sharpen my old blades but kinda took out the pitted areas. I guess it is more for maintaining the blades before they get all pitted up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.