New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Take a kid fishing  (Read 6670 times)

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
Re: Take a kid fishing
« Reply #90 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:41 AM »
No offense taken here  :thumbsup:  Your welcome in NY anytime. Jump over that open water, ice is good out here, catch the big one and post a pic, would love to see it  :tipup:

Sincerely,
dav
(No better time to wet a line)
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline nicetohaveice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #91 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Nothing  can make a day more interesting than taking Kid's fishing and having to answer some of their questions and having some fun with them...

Got to send MOM a picture....ASAP
KeepMove'n

Offline callduckfarm

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Feb 26, 2009, 07:40 PM »
Two happy girls from this morning.
38" pike, it took Bethany a long time to get this beast tired out enough to get it into the hole.

Hannah got 2 hammer handles.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 26, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Very happy to see all the kids fishing and my hats off to all the great parents and grandparents that take there kids fishing.Keep up the good work fellow ice men and women.

Offline Hando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Mar 01, 2009, 09:42 AM »
Had the 5 y/o out again yesterday at Sodus...

Rough conditions yesterday with the slow fishing and cold weather but she was a trooper!
"3/4 of the Earth's surface is water, and 1/4 is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn."

Offline WANNAKETCHUM

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Where da fish at???
« Reply #95 on: Mar 08, 2009, 12:06 PM »
I have a friend coming in from out of town the last weekend of the month that has a 10yr. old son that has never ice fished (neither of them have for that matter) so I'm hoping the weather holds out so I can show them a good time. The boy has never caught a Pickerel and for some reason that's what he really wants to go after. I know a private lake that usually gives up some nice ones and it's a decent Panfish lake as well so he should enjoy it.  ;D.....WK
I took my friend and his son out for a few hours on the afternoon of the 27th. and for a full day on the 28th. My friend's 10 yr. old son Jake had a BLAST!!!!! I seriously believe I created a MONSTER!!!... ;D ;D Jake caught a few fish the afternoon of the 27th. with one being his first trout through the ice. On the 28th. we went after the Pickerel and it was non-stop action as he and his Dad caught over twenty Pickerel ranging from 19" to 24". He also caught a nice 17.5" Largemouth that he released. That kid was one happy camper and he didn't stop talking about it for days according to his Dad! I guess he's already talking about another trip up next year. Sorry Steve, I guess your gonna be spending some $$$ on some ice fishing gear for next season. I posted these pics. here on this thread because it's about taking a kid fishing, not "taking a kid fishing in N.Y." or wherever. I will also post them in the other thread that was started so others may see them as well.

Jakes first ice Trout

Jakes first ice Largemouth (released)

Jake with one of his many Pickerel

Jake and "The old Guide himself"

I also gave him a few tip-ups and some miscellaneous gear to take home with him. I had to plant the seed!!!!! ;)....WK
Give your son a fish, and he will eat for a day.....teach your son to fish and eventually he'll end up kicking your @ss every time you fish together!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.